It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Wants To Swap Decrepit Home For iPhone 6

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The owner of a decrepit house in Detroit says he is willing to swap his property for an iPhone 6.

The house has three bedrooms, basement and garden, but it is in poor state, with no front door and broken windows.

It has been on the market in the bankrupt city, but nobody has come forward to buy.

The home was initially listed for $5,000 (£3,100) then reduced to $3,000 (£1,800). Now the latest version of the Apple iPhone will do.

Real estate agent Larry Else told Fox News: "My client is overseas and he told me he would be willing to trade the property for an iPhone 6.

news.sky.com...

Now I knew that the property values were low in Detroit...but to swap a house for a cell phone!? Well I guess it is after all the latest Iphone 6 and probably has the bigger screen=) LOL

OG

Just wanted to show a recent photo of this beautiful (not) city

edit on 10-15-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Welcome to the Land of the Free. What happened to America.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
... What happened to America.

It would appear it is literally becoming free!

Edit: I think I might offer him my old Android phone, or do you think that would insult him?

edit on 15-10-2014 by OratoryHeist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

Now that is a steal of a deal! If i was an american i would buy it, fix it, and flip it.

Thats only half a paycheck for me. But I live in bc, canada and thats a little far for me to travel for a reno.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

Now that is a steal of a deal! If i was an american i would buy it, fix it, and flip it.

Thats only half a paycheck for me. But I live in bc, canada and thats a little far for me to travel for a reno.

GOOD LUCK selling real estate i Detroit!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I wouldn't get your hopes up on that. If he couldn't get $3000 for it, you're going to spend more on time and materials than you'll ever get out of it

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If I had the money I would buy all the property there I could buy and just sit on it until it comes back around....it always does.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Welcome to the Land of the Free. What happened to America.

Starting on 9/11 we were no longer allowed to question authority, that's what.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Homes with missing roof tiles and windows have water damage, which means that the entire structure has to be demolished and rebuilt because all the wood has gone rotten and has mold.

Then you have the problem with the Detroit planning department. Their fees for planning applications cost more than the home itself because they see that if anyone has the money to do a property up, they have bucketloads of cash to give to the city. Your third problem is that the cops will see you as as cash cow and constantly patrol your street for the smallest infraction so they can impound your vehicle. Assuming you do manage to renovate your home, you then have to worry about burglars, muggers and even worse, squatters who will claim a renovated home as their own the minute the owner goes on holiday.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
We ogled some places in Detroit. The fact that a lot of formerly niiiiiiice neighborhoods that I'd expect to see renting homes for $3k+ were renting them for $500 speaks volumes about where you don't want to live. My dad & brothers live in one of the better 'burbs, and only venture through Detroit on the way across the border into Ontario once or twice a year for a day/weekend trip. That's it. They say they'd go more often, but once or twice a year in paranoid mode through is enough for them. And my dad happily lived there in college & used to love the city. Yikes.

Since I've been up here in MI, I've heard lots of good zingers about Detroit. Everything from "Jackson is way better off" (the state prison is there, and a total hellhole from what I hear) to, and this is the best insult I've ever heard for any place, "What do you expect out of Detroit? It's the abscessed anus of America."

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

seriously! i bet some house flippers would be down to fix this baby up. But would it be worth anything in that city? not thinking the house market would be the best and flippers might end up losing all of their money sitting on that property. but hey, a house for an iphone 6? can't beat that deal haha

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia
When it comes to property i think the three things you want to look at the most are location, location, and location. If it's location is in the cesspool of Detroit, that's three strikes against it lol. I've never been there personally, but i do follow the state of things in the US and Detroit is collapsing and has been for years. I've seen videos on utube where entire streets are basically abandoned and all the homes are destroyed by fire/vandalism. If it was just unkempt it would be one thing but most of these properties are vandalized, burned down, or the home of vagrants.

Just type "Detroit homes" into youtube. Yes, what you'll be seeing is real lol.

top topics

join