It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Threatens To Call Police On Students Handing Out Constitutions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
They broke the rules at the school. Whats the problem? All they had to do was got to the designated area.

Uh, that's the point as to why they were demonstrating, against designated only areas.

originally posted by: American-philosopher
It figures something like that would happen in Oregon. It would probably be a good time to rant about how Oregon is one of the worst places in the world. Like just thinking about Oregon makes me sick.

Even the beaches?! Beautiful, cold though. Too bad, beautiful state, crappy oppressive leaning though and overrun by Meth in many cities. Needs to be kept in check, 'cept think much more independents and Libertarians are further north.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Now if a school /university in America,can get away with this type of response to students handing out copies of your constitution,without getting a slapdown from your government,a slapdown so hard that they leave a hole in the pavement,it says to me that your government does not hold the sanctity of your constitution remotely in as high regard as they should-which I would find disturbing,if I was American.Hell,I'm not even American and I find it disturbing.It's not like they were passing out religious tracts,trying to convert other students to some cult or religion-it's your Constitution-the basis on which your country was built,and it's supposed to still be a staunch and rock-solid foundation,not so?a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

The Government wants kids to grow up with this so in the not too distant future they won't complain when it's tried nationwide.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
History lesson Mr Professor. That's a public sidewalk, that's a public school, and school policy is not law. Especially a policy that thinks it can trump civil rights and constitutional laws. The constitution is the supreme law of the land and holds power over all state and federal laws. Simply having a free speech designated zone breaks civil rights. Free speech applies everywhere. Dishonoring the constitution dishonors all your forefathers and family history who fought, bled, sacrificed themselves for your freedom.

"Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government; when this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved, and tyranny is erected on its ruins." ~Benjamin Franklin
edit on 16-10-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join