It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flag issues on old profiles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hi, although I have started a number of threads over the years, which have gained any number of flags, I seem to have had zero flags in my profile for quite a long time. I guess it is a glitch because my profile is as old as 2006?

I know that I used to have flags, I was away from ATS for a long time and when I logged in they were gone. I wasn't so bothered about it, but even my new threads do not create new flags. Has been going on for at least a year.

The only thread I found about it was here and somewhat out of date.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nicorette

Gah that's an annoying glitch.

Lemme see if I can get that fixed for you by admin.

`Tenth

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I just flagged you. Thats not fair. How are we supposed to learn anything if we can't raise any flags? That and those with millions of stars should take some more precedence.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Thank you, that is very much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I just flagged you. Thats not fair. How are we supposed to learn anything if we can't raise any flags? That and those with millions of stars should take some more precedence.

Thanks for doing the test. Yup, it don't work. I should have said something sooner. Oh well. Truth is more important than points.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

No problem, I did some counting and you should have about..220 or so flags.

So I can most likely get admin to update your profile with those stats, but I'm not 100% sure if they can fix the flag option not working on your account.

I can't remember if there is a fix for that or not, beyond getting a new account, which would be annoying for everybody involved.

So...we'll do our best and I'll send you a PM once I have more answers.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Truth is more important than points.

Sometimes I think they should reset everyone, level the playing field. Without cutting my own throat, lots of stars and flags or "Karma" can be intimidating to newer people. They want to belong but there is this Hierarchy of sorts.

We should value people for content, not stars and flags? What the hell do I know.

Tenth will follow through. He always does.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Thanks, I appreciate the extra effort. 220 flags sounds about right. My only worry is if people were seeing a post or thread I made, then they saw I had Zero flags, and then they judged me on that instead of my words.

I don't think I would want a new account. Nine years is a long time in one forum!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yeah and I can always just have the new totals added to your account every now and then.

Worse case scenario you send me a PM every few months and I take care of it for you.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You might have a bigger problem. I tried to give you a flag and you lost one, and then I tried to click it again and...

My good intentions ended up costing you, sorry.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: anxietydisorder

Yeah, I still have the No-Flags bug. Oh well.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I would just start a new account at this point.
I've thought about it a few times myself.

But I just can't seem to do it......

lol
(gave you a flag and I see what you mean)
edit on 16-2-2018 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join