It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: Hollywood is going to force us to watch homosexuals until Jesus comes back

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Tavi45, you made me laugh. Thanks.

The thing is, the conservative, right-wing version is just as distorted as the liberal, left-wing one is. What can be believed in some fictional dramas created to entertain the mindless masses?

Of course characters must be multi-dimensional to be interesting as well as realistic, but we don't need the details rubbed in our faces. I think we are smart enough to figure out some character's sexual preference or what have you.

Then there are the story lines and plots that focus on sadistic, evil, sociopaths. I can't see that the writers are contributing anything relevant or culturally redeeming to our society.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

Televangelist Pat Robertson lamented this week that it would be difficult for Christians to escape media “blasphemy” like homosexuals being depicted in movies until Jesus returned during the End Times.

On Wednesday’s edition of The 700 Club, a viewer complained to Robertson that she was having trouble finding TV shows, movies and books that “do not have street language, sex, or blasphemy.”

“If you don’t see some of these things, you would have to leave the world,” the TV preacher admitted. “The world is saturated with sexual innuendos. I mean, good grief. How many ads for Victoria’s Secret do you have to look at?”

Rev. Pat, let me make a suggestion an not watch what you find offensive. Take some personal responsibility and boycott hollywood, cable, playboy, TV in general and read your Bible. Hollywood isn't forcing you to watch anything.

“But the fact that there are about 200 screenwriters in Hollywood who have the dominance in the media, and they’re doing everything they possibly can to put dirty language and sexual situations, and now homosexuality into scripts over and over and over again.”

Then Christians should write the scrips they want and produce the movies they want to see. Technology has made everybody a filmmaker that wants to be. Please, just quit being such a crybaby!

I must say I haven't watched TV, apart from the odd half an hour at friend's houses, for over 20 years mainly due to my unsociable working hours any ways what I'm saying is I'm desensitised from TV and sometimes when I do see a few minutes of it I'm usually horrified by what I see haha wow there's Ultra Violence, Sex, pure greed, hardly any empathy for fellow human beings, a lust for fame (I’m presuming that’s because they think that’s how you become ‘important’ these days), political naiveté and that's just the programmes now what about the adverts!?!?

So I kinda agree with what he’s saying ( I'm a firm believer that education can come from anyone) I mean can you imagine what that’s doing to the psyche of the people who are watching it? Layer upon layer of that information all compressed into their heads and then whoosh off they run to the shops/bars and drugdealers/doctors come on it’s all there and it’s very prevalent but I wouldn’t censor any of it I’m just hoping the kids will one day see a better narrative for themselves than the one that’s portrayed for them on TV.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Giada? Really, you chose to lambast Giada? Naked Cooking would of been a much better choice IMO.

Though I must confess, she is ridiculously attractive and she hosts the ONLY cooking show I watch
, but seriously who else would you suggest, rheumy-eyed Julia Childs?

But In your defense, I agree with the premise of Robertson's argument; that prime-time television has become inundated with images glorifying the concept of gayness.

"OMFG he said he doesn't like gays on TV!", you may be saying right now, but you'd be wrong. I don't like the stereotypical, broken-wristed, effeminate, little-girl-jean wearing, super-gay BFF caricature of homosexuals that nearly every single show presents on television.

And I'm not alone in this opinion. Two of my High School friends came out several years ago and opened a gay bar that I frequented for years on a very regular basis until it's closed. Due to that I made a number of gay friends and you would be surprised at how upset they were over the image that Hollywood has been portraying them as.

I personally have come to know and call many homosexuals my friends; from all walks of life. Infantrymen, contractors, athletes, ect, and the one thing that they all had in common was that they were just like you and me, except for their preference in partners.

Of the ~3.5% of the population, that .01% have pretty much ruined the image of your 'average' homosexual.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Giada? Really, you chose to lambast Giada? Naked Cooking would of been a much better choice IMO.

Though I must confess, she is ridiculously attractive and she hosts the ONLY cooking show I watch , but seriously who else would you suggest, rheumy-eyed Julia Childs?

Well, if I'm looking to perfect my French cooking skills, YES!

I only picked on Giada because she's low hanging fruit (no pun intended, lol,) in what I remember as the "Cleavage Wars" on Food Network a while back. As I recall, even the Barefoot Contessa started wearing low-cut shirts, which drove me from the network, lol.

I have never heard of Naked Cooking, and I'm kind of glad for it… there's a joke about a naked chef showing how to make donuts, but I don't think I need to go there, lol.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join