It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop filming me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We are surveilled everyday, so to see people react differently in these videos is funny and interesting.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Funny, but people should not get upset.

Because on average, when out in public,

there is a camera filming you every 150 feet.

The TV show, Person of Interest, is exactly correct on the pervasive placement of surveillance cameras.

Just think: security cameras outside stores and all public venues, security cameras in all public recreational parks (Disney, etc) , in parking lots everywhere, on traffic lights, inside stores every few feet, atm cameras, people taking selfies, many of my neighbors have security cameras outside their homes, one neighbor reassured me that his camera would catch anyone at my back door, many people have cameras in their cars (not just police).

You can not go anywhere outside your home, unless it is on private property and far from the road, and not be under constant surveillance. Even then drones do surveillance over private property.

These people who are surprised are ignorant to the reality that they are filmed 24/7 when outside their home and can be filmed whenever they are in front of their computer and many new TV's inside their homes.

edit on 1Wed, 15 Oct 2014 13:19:26 -0500pm101510pmk153 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So what city was that so I can avoid it at all costs?

And you're lucky to still be alive, people have been killed for less.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

ha OP ain't surveillancecamerman, he lurks on Liveleak. Saw his first video when he posted. I think they are genius.

They show petty human interactions perfectly.

SCM wouldn't post the video of you if there wasn't a reaction to merit. Only the people who freak.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

I don't think it as a statement on a surveillance society, just people reacting normally to some rude person sticking a camera in their face.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

kinda interesting what you typed just then..
..coz half these modern day troglodytes would probably perform on que thinking they were being auditioned for X-factor or something

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
a reply to: NavyDoc

kinda interesting what you typed just then..
..coz half these modern day troglodytes would probably perform on que thinking they were being auditioned for X-factor or something

Some people love to be filmed. There were some guys on the videos that almost performed for the camera. Others think its rude and intrusive and reacted accordingly. Meh.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Just think: security cameras outside stores and all public venues, security cameras in all public recreational parks (Disney, etc) , in parking lots everywhere, on traffic lights, inside stores every few feet, atm cameras, people taking selfless, many of my neighbors have security cameras outside their homes, one neighbor reassured me that his camera would catch anyone at my back door, many people have cameras in their cars (not just police).

And for all that they have yet to prevent one terrorist act with all that fancy equipment. In fact police don't have to wear cameras and they are terrorizing everyone.

So, Police State.

edit on 15-10-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hey, we need some decent footage when we'll figure out this is nothing but God's own candid camera show.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777
That Kid is nothing but a creep, trying to get people to look foolish for his own benefit, cut off his nuts.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Except they are not the specific subject of the CCTV camera when they are walking around in public. It's another thing entirely when someone is pointing a camera directly at you, with the intention of filming specifically you.

I intensely dislike the omnipresent surveillance cameras that fill our world, but I draw a distinction between what the CCTV is doing and what these thugs are doing.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

…I draw a distinction between what the CCTV is doing and what these thugs are doing.

Why, because the "Closed Circuit" cameras are mounted?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I find it funny how people react in this video, when the camera is on them, but fail to see how the police may have the same reaction to such.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

This must be in California.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I know all about the constant surveillance we're under here in the US..

That being said, a random dude walking up to me and pointing a camera in my face would piss me off.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

The TV show, Person of Interest, is exactly correct on the pervasive placement of surveillance cameras.

Just think: security cameras outside stores and all public venues, security cameras in all public recreational parks (Disney, etc) , in parking lots everywhere, on traffic lights, inside stores every few feet, atm cameras, people taking selfies, many of my neighbors have security cameras outside their homes, one neighbor reassured me that his camera would catch anyone at my back door, many people have cameras in their cars (not just police).

You can not go anywhere outside your home, unless it is on private property and far from the road, and not be under constant surveillance. Even then drones do surveillance over private property.

These people who are surprised are ignorant to the reality that they are filmed 24/7 when outside their home and can be filmed whenever they are in front of their computer and many new TV's inside their homes.

I'm trying to understand your logic. Is it your argument that because the violation of our privacy is common it's OK?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

I'm trying to understand your logic. Is it your argument that because the violation of our privacy is common it's OK?

No, it's not. And it shouldn't be. But you should accept it. /sarcasm
edit on 16-10-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I was the first person to start videotaping my local public meetings in PA. I did so because the behaviour of the former majority/incumbents' citizen-idiot fan base was so outrageous, I truly believed recording them/it would compel them to improve how they conducted themselves during meetings. What happened was the opposite, they were more crazy and incensed than ever.

Im not offering analysis, just example....right now.
edit on 16-10-2014 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Living in a tourist centre means I probably appear on a far greater number of cheesy family vacation photos than I am comfortable with. My visage has been immortalized across the globe (likely staring at the teenage daughter of families of every nationality recognized by the UN).

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

No, not at all.

It's just that people who get angry because they see someone filming them, have an illusion of privacy.

Actually, I was trying to make people aware of the pervasive violation of privacy that is 24/7 when one steps outside ones home.

new topics

top topics

join