It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nephews Who Are Army Officers Recently Asked "Are You Prepared To Kill US Citizens?"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Say yes follow through and hit the key figures when you have to.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Say yes follow through and hit the key figures when you have to.

How would you personally and/or strategically define key figures?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

So such conversations are not completely atypical. Not quite the same scenario, but similar.

BTW: You write with flair. If you are published elsewhere, let me know. Good read, and at least you don't think I'm making this entire thing up. Refreshing.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin

So such conversations are not completely atypical. Not quite the same scenario, but similar.

I had several similar situations to what was described, however we are talking close to 20 years ago, and all were during informal chats in the NCO club and whatnot, where alcohol was involved as well. Rest assured not a single person present during any of those discussions would have taken up arms against citizens in an un-Constitutional fashion.

I ran into a sort of splinter group, so to speak, of soldiers at one post I was at, where they constantly kept an eye on what was going on in terms of being concerned with the Army being used against citizens. They even published an "underground newsletter" type thing, which was photocopied and dropped all over post. It was intriguing reading but I couldn't shake the feeling that the whole thing was a trap somehow. I was warned not to get involved with them, and I didn't, however to the best of my knowledge nothing ever became of the group or any of its members.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Many Americans are armed. If they think the military is going to come and round them up because they are suspected to have ebola, they probably would shoot at whoever is trying to capture them.

I'm pretty sure US soldiers would have no problem killing US civilians if they are being shot at by the civilians. If the Americans were unarmed and unable to shoot, it may be a harder decision for a military member to make.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: therainmaker

I would definitely talk to my other subordinate about the question and it's context. Seems to me that, if I am guarding a quarantine zone filled with highly infectious patients and some tried to flee, taking them out might be the best and only option.

Do you sacrifice the few to save the many? If they get out, is it a direct threat to your family?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: therainmaker

I cannot wait to read your upcoming post. Please alert me when you do!

Ha, well, truth is I have been working on a mega-post for The Grey Area, literally for months now, and it is about my life, not just incidents and concerns like this one. I am not sure when it will be complete. But I digress...

As for this specific issue, I will share anything further with ATS, however I have no intention of bringing up the topic of conversation unless it happens to come up. I do not want to raise any red flags.

On another note...if someone with a good reason needs to verify who I am or what I do, I am not going to do so via the Internet. However, I am willing to meet up for intelligent conversation in the northeast USA. You show me your ID, I show you mine. Credentials case, badge, PIV computer access card, unmarked agency vehicle registration card, etc...I have quite a lot of items to show in person to verify who I am and what I do. You can even send an email to my official work email address right as you are sitting next to me, and I would show you when it appears in the inbox on my portable agency-issued device.

That's all well and good to say, but you know full well that nobody is going to travel anywhere to vet someone for claims on the internet. Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

It depends on your position and what one must do to achieve it. If the "incident" does happen it would be a simple matter of killing your unit command,assume YOU also will die but that is the job.
If you have an obvious chance at a higher target maybe you can wait,but playing sleeper is NOT a bad idea.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Philippines

Not really,THAT military is out gunned in small arms and SKILLED personnel.
Some are now those civilians and can assume control of all their opposers equipment.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick

I would definitely talk to my other subordinate about the question and it's context. Seems to me that, if I am guarding a quarantine zone filled with highly infectious patients and some tried to flee, taking them out might be the best and only option.

Do you sacrifice the few to save the many? If they get out, is it a direct threat to your family?

This is the question that may soon have to be faced. And is an important aspect of my OP, and why I chose to share what I was told. I'd like to hear what others might say about this. Thanks for directly addressing my greatest concern in regard to the question my nephews were asked. Could if really come to this?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick

This is the question that may soon have to be faced. And is an important aspect of my OP, and why I chose to share what I was told. I'd like to hear what others might say about this. Could it really come to this?
edit on bThursdayu16Thu, 16 Oct 2014 11:06:19 -0500am110610 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

edit on bThursdayu16Thu, 16 Oct 2014 11:06:45 -0500am110610 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

thank you for the compliment..

For your nephews I do have a recommendation if I may be so bold..

They are officers in the Army.. (trying not to be mean.. I was navy..:mnky

Evaluate the situation
1)who did the asking
2)situation surrounding the question
3)the actual state of the command
4)who is who in the command

I have to be cold bloodied for a second

They are not enlisted.. They are officers..
Big difference

Picture high school and they are the new girls at the school in a bad eighties movie
RE--- politics are very very different..

If I may be so bold (and maybe help them out a little)

some books they must read and take the lessons to heart..

Everyone recommends enders game
I recommend ender's shadow
1)take note of the difference between Bean and ender

Time enough for love
1)the story over the man who was to lazy to fail
David Lamb

Boyd (by Robert Coram)
1)biography of this generations sun tzu

google these separately
OODA loop
Creation and destructionism john boyd
EM theory

48 laws of power
1)it will explain what is going on best

Machiavelli on steroids
worst case they can see the ad eggs coming

21 irrefutable laws of leadership
1) the definitive word on positive ethical leadership

Written by a former pastor and a nice anchor to the 48 laws

These are my top shelf and above books

My last thoughts

They are officers

Their responses are monitored a lot more closely then enlisted
even if it was not a test their response was recorded

I have one other question but I have to listen to the O-Man shovel horse S#$% on CNN over ebola

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Man this same story has been floating around since at least the early 90s. The military does not ask you what you would and would not do.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I will follow the white rabbit tracks you leave....down, down, down the hole. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ok, this is going to sound insensitive, but it needs to be said. However, I doubt I am the only ATS'er who finds it strange that you joined on October 8, 2014 and in those 8 days you have started TEN threads, ALL about Ebola???

Sometimes more than one in the same day?

Maybe you need to stop dwelling on this topic so much? I'm one all for a good conspiracy, but something about your level of interest is a bit off to me. I am a health care professional, so my level of interest is and should be more than the average Joe. But when you're starting two and three threads a day? That's like, obsessing I feel.

Just sayin'...not in a nasty way, either. Maybe just take a break from it for a day or so? I get obsessy about certain topics too, Katrina was probably the worst for me...
edit on 17-10-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Without context it's fairly meaningless. I get that they might have been disturbed, but wouldn't anyone be a little disturbed if they were asked that by a commanding officer? It questions your very morales.

However, as others have said, the military is to protect us from all threats foreign AND domestic. And in a domestic terrorism act or similar - it's a good chance your targets WOULD be citizens. Just like a cop shooting a US citizen in a justified manner.

I don't buy the "apocalyptic" training, though. Sorry to say so but it just doesn't make sense. The military has training and contingencies for just about everything true. So they might very well have training that is emphasized towards regaining or establishing order in an apocalyptic situation, but I doubt that regular troops are being told to hit the range for "apocalypse training." With the way social media works, or hell just with how your nephews were quick to call their mother about what they experienced, someone would be leaking that out; probably a great many someones.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
Ok, this is going to sound insensitive, but it needs to be said. However, I doubt I am the only ATS'er who finds it strange that you joined on October 8, 2014 and in those 8 days you have started TEN threads, ALL about Ebola???

Sometimes more than one in the same day?

Maybe you need to stop dwelling on this topic so much? I'm one all for a good conspiracy, but something about your level of interest is a bit off to me. I am a health care professional, so my level of interest is and should be more than the average Joe. But when you're starting two and three threads a day? That's like, obsessing I feel.

Just sayin'...not in a nasty way, either. Maybe just take a break from it for a day or so? I get obsessy about certain topics too, Katrina was probably the worst for me...

Ah, you are back. I've been expecting you. Yes, I came to learn, share, and post, and dialogue about Ebola. You and Lucidity and all your cronies here that you invited to this thread to pummel me some more are only proving my assertion that you are targeting me. Of course, you will have the mods support. Feel free to have me banned as well, if people of your caliber are respected here. I am not impressed.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UnmitigatedDisaster

Obviously you didn't bother to read my replies to other posters regarding such erroneous assumptions. Why don't you?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Oh, BTW, clearly your reply to me reflecting your intense focus on my profile and stats (oh, and you left the two applauses I received during my first week here; my star count, 7 trophies, and average flags per post collected during my first week here were left out of your stat reporting also, gee, wonder why?) is clearly off topic. Therefore, I anticipate the mod of this thread will remove it. And, you are indeed coming off "nasty" in your replies (plural) to me. Certainly, you are not upholding the standards of conduct ATS enforces. Hopefully this will be addressed by the mod as well. Because it's not worth my time or energy to report you.
edit on 17-10-2014 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

a reply to: lovebeck

Oh, BTW, clearly your reply to me reflecting your intense focus on my profile and stats (oh, and you left the two applauses I received during my first week here; my star count, 7 trophies, and average flags per post collected during my first week here were left out of your stat reporting also, gee, wonder why?) is clearly off topic. Therefore, I anticipate the mod of this thread will remove it. And, you are indeed coming off "nasty" in your replies (plural) to me. Certainly, you are not upholding the standards of conduct ATS enforces. Hopefully this will be addressed by the mod as well. Because it's not worth my time or energy to report you.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that they are breaking any rules or even simply 'coming after' you, or attempting to cause you grief. They just don't agree with you. You seem like a smart and logical person, I would assume you'd know that.

There are plenty of people who don't agree with you. And that's fine. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and statements when it comes to any topics brought up. Calm yourself, man.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join