It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nephews Who Are Army Officers Recently Asked "Are You Prepared To Kill US Citizens?"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
a reply to: bludragin

There is many problems with the US.

The question should be "Are you ready to kill corrupt American citizens?"

#1 America has a lot of gangs corrupting the country internally and externally trying to get rich and control territory. The civilians are no longer Militia like their forefather when fighting for freedom from the British Empire in the past. We go stupid Gun Fanatics, we got anti-guns, and gun aggressive nature rather than civilians who know what to do before shooting someone to death.

Just because some thief comes to your house no one asks him why and just randomly shoot to kill nature come outs(this is how bad America became with gun). No question ask, shoot and kill anyone on your territory. If I had a gun, I'd shoot the foot and then ask questions.

#2 There are false Americans living in the country, using America to get away from war they started, etc. These factions such as Nazis and Corrupt Corporations will do evil on other countries and run away to America. Some factions such as Nazis using the constitution law of free speech and right to bear arms to keep their territory.

In truth, Your American ancestors would line up these Nazis(for example) and shoot them like the Soviet Union.
In the past we hung leaders(gang leaders mostly) that tried to divide a nation/steal lots of money.

#3 Racism, and division of groups is the main cause of Gangs rising in US(consider these gang racists). This all started with the KKK and now Remnants of some Black Africans(Black gangs specific) who don't give a two # about American rights or using it as an advantage. These gangs are not helpful to the world because they don't like working with other races. Therefore a degrade on society and Mafia style control just like Italian Mafia. Working together doesn't necessarily mean race mixing, that is different. We don't want to become Egyptian like again.

#4 Which is new now a days since WW2, is what you called Mad Scientist. This happened in Nazi Germany where they plan to take over a country and think they are god because they invented something to destroy something or think it can help the nation. This is exactly like corporation taking over a country because they have the technology. They do not make good leaders. Lesson is learnt from CIA MK Ultra, to Nazi experimental subjects, and Japan Unit 731. Those stupid enough to follow them and capture people to be experimental subject was later on became an experimental subject themselves. They have their own agenda compare to the Government, an it is not a good one for sure.

Very little of what you said is based in reality. You type like English is your second language so I'll assume you're from another country and attempting to "call it like you see it" while knowing very little about what's actually going on in the US.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

There is many problems with the US.

The question should be "Are you ready to kill corrupt American citizens?"

#1 America has a lot of gangs corrupting the country internally and externally trying to get rich and control territory. The civilians are no longer Militia like their forefather when fighting for freedom from the British Empire in the past. We go stupid Gun Fanatics, we got anti-guns, and gun aggressive nature rather than civilians who know what to do before shooting someone to death.

Just because some thief comes to your house no one asks him why and just randomly shoot to kill nature come outs(this is how bad America became with gun). No question ask, shoot and kill anyone on your territory. If I had a gun, I'd shoot the foot and then ask questions.

#2 There are false Americans living in the country, using America to get away from war they started, etc. These factions such as Nazis and Corrupt Corporations will do evil on other countries and run away to America. Some factions such as Nazis using the constitution law of free speech and right to bear arms to keep their territory.

In truth, Your American ancestors would line up these Nazis(for example) and shoot them like the Soviet Union.
In the past we hung leaders(gang leaders mostly) that tried to divide a nation/steal lots of money.

#3 Racism, and division of groups is the main cause of Gangs rising in US(consider these gang racists). This all started with the KKK and now Remnants of some Black Africans(Black gangs specific) who don't give a two # about American rights or using it as an advantage. These gangs are not helpful to the world because they don't like working with other races. Therefore a degrade on society and Mafia style control just like Italian Mafia. Working together doesn't necessarily mean race mixing, that is different. We don't want to become Egyptian like again.

#4 Which is new now a days since WW2, is what you called Mad Scientist. This happened in Nazi Germany where they plan to take over a country and think they are god because they invented something to destroy something or think it can help the nation. This is exactly like corporation taking over a country because they have the technology. They do not make good leaders. Lesson is learnt from CIA MK Ultra, to Nazi experimental subjects, and Japan Unit 731. Those stupid enough to follow them and capture people to be experimental subject was later on became an experimental subject themselves. They have their own agenda compare to the Government, an it is not a good one for sure.

Quoting your entire post here. You give us all much food for thought. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

originally posted by: bludragin

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Understood.

In keeping with the thread topic I have several high school friends who joined the armed forces and many of them have confided in me that they have been asked similar questions. It seems to me that the this question goes around a lot. Again as in your case, I did not ask for context or specifics, only expressed mild dismay. My buddies didn't seem too shaken up about it though.

For clarification: One was Army active duty with three tours in the Middle East, the other a Marine (who never told me much about deployments)

Yes, I just replied to another respondent that what really struck my sister and I as odd is my nephews have only served overseas, in Afghanistan. So it seemed a bit jolting to hear they were asked this question. My sister was not comfortable saying anything more to me on this, and I am relatively certain they would not have told her anything more, anyway.

Certainly if they are senior officers, they've served more than just overseas. I think you mean only operational tours overseas. Even OCS counts as serving somewhere. Not busting your chops, just giving you some insight.

Yes, you are correct. It is all rather mysterious to me, all this military workings stuff. They are pretty mum about things in general, which is why my sister (their mother) was surprised they mentioned this question to her. It was not typical of them. They seemed, as I said before, disturbed. And, I am imagining, conflicted.

If it was so "jolting to hear" and she was so "surprised" they mentioned it to her why the hell didn't she ask what their answer was? Especially if they were "disturbed" or "conflicted". Can you see that would make no sense? Most parents ask follow up questions to things like this.

Looking forward to your reply.

It doesn't make sense because someone, either the OP or her sister, is fabricating this story.

The OP is WAY too excited about discussing this here and in another thread so I'll lean toward the OP being the fabricator.
edit on 10/15/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt

I'm not sure if it has any bearing on the OP, but my daughter's fiancé is AF, and currently stationed in Italy. She was speaking with him today by phone, and he stated that he called her to let her know that his base was put on lockdown, this morning. But, according to her, it was due to a credible ISIS threat. And not ebola related...

Hope he is safe and all right!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Feltrick

Thanks for the reply back. Definitely sounds ominous but, without more info, I don't think anyone can truly know the truth of the matter...except the two involved. As I said, I have never had a first hand account of a situation like this nor have I experienced it. Not that it didn't happen, just I need more information.

Again, thanks for the replies...I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread for further details.

Happy to hear it. I am glad to be able to talk about this, as it actually has me deeply concerned. I don't feel so alone with it now, and, I'm learning much from the more thoughtful, serious replies.
edit on bWednesdayu15Wed, 15 Oct 2014 20:59:29 -0500pm85910 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
This story comes up constantly and the one thing every tale has in common is "I heard from a friend of a family member whose 3rd cousin knows a guy in the military and..."

The story never starts with "I'm a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army and I was asked..."

If this question was being asked as often as people claim, someone who's current or former military would have spoken out about it at some point. Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen have the internet.

I'm former military and I've never heard any military member say anything about U.S. civilians apart from wanting to do whatever it takes to guarantee their safety, murderers and rapists not withstanding.

OK, I'll bite. Been drafting (in my head) a huge post that I have yet to sit down and write, but I figure this is as good a time as any. I will keep this as short and to-the-point as possible.

I am a supervisor in a federal law enforcement agency. My unit is small and has a unique mission that has nothing to do with infectious diseases or working with the general public at all.

Two of my subordinates rotated through some FEMA training in Dallas about two months ago. I am guessing that someone else reading this must know what I am talking about because these trainings were very well-attended by a wide range of personnel. Generally the subject matter was mundane, as I was told.

One of my employees was deeply disturbed when he came back from training, and came to me behind closed doors to have a talk. For what it's worth, the other employee has made no such comment. The concerned employee said that he was asked if he would fire on his co-workers and/or the general public if there was a quarantine and someone attempted to breach the zone. Mind you, this was before the huge ebola scare, and the context was pandemics in general.

I have no reason to believe this person would concoct such a story and I believe 100% that he was asked that question. The gentleman in question is well-educated, very level-headed, and a devoted family man. Not the type of person to be so upset needlessly.

Since the day we had that conversation, it has come up in discussion from time to time, and he and I are both very worried. I have not heard anything else mentioned through official channels that remotely hints at anything about use of force. Conversation at work lately, however, has started to shift toward informal speculation of "what if" scenarios.

More FWIW, from my mind...Neither my office, nor any others in the area, have received any unusual shipments of supplies lately, nor any extra ammo, new or unusual weapons, protective gear, etc. It's just been business as usual. I have two very good friends who are SAs with another agency, and they have not mentioned anything different or unusual happening in their agency. I believe that at least one of them would talk to me if he observed something to be concerned about.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

Did you talk to your nephews YOURSELF?

And confirm, not through their mother, that they were specifically asked this?

There could be a huge difference in content and context between what neurotic mother who reads paranoid right wing chain emails interpreted and the truth.

What is the context again? Stopping an active shooter, like the Ft Hood attacker? Of course soldiers would.

My sister is a level headed woman. If I can't share what I know in the gray area of ATS, then where do I share it? I've seen tons of paranoid drivel receive countless stars and flags. I shared something here that has me deeply concerned, and I wanted some feedback. Fortunately, some others here recognized my intent, and so, in the end, despite all the BS, it's been worth it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Understood.

In keeping with the thread topic I have several high school friends who joined the armed forces and many of them have confided in me that they have been asked similar questions. It seems to me that the this question goes around a lot. Again as in your case, I did not ask for context or specifics, only expressed mild dismay. My buddies didn't seem too shaken up about it though.

For clarification: One was Army active duty with three tours in the Middle East, the other a Marine (who never told me much about deployments)

Yes, I just replied to another respondent that what really struck my sister and I as odd is my nephews have only served overseas, in Afghanistan. So it seemed a bit jolting to hear they were asked this question. My sister was not comfortable saying anything more to me on this, and I am relatively certain they would not have told her anything more, anyway.

Certainly if they are senior officers, they've served more than just overseas. I think you mean only operational tours overseas. Even OCS counts as serving somewhere. Not busting your chops, just giving you some insight.

Yes, you are correct. It is all rather mysterious to me, all this military workings stuff. They are pretty mum about things in general, which is why my sister (their mother) was surprised they mentioned this question to her. It was not typical of them. They seemed, as I said before, disturbed. And, I am imagining, conflicted.

If it was so "jolting to hear" and she was so "surprised" they mentioned it to her why the hell didn't she ask what their answer was? Especially if they were "disturbed" or "conflicted". Can you see that would make no sense? Most parents ask follow up questions to things like this.

Looking forward to your reply.

It doesn't make sense because someone, either the OP or her sister, is fabricating this story.

The OP is WAY too excited about discussing this here and in another thread so I'll lean toward the OP being the fabricator.

Fine by me. Mods can contact me any time. I stand by what I wrote.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

I shared what I know, and what I was told. That's it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: therainmaker

This story comes up constantly and the one thing every tale has in common is "I heard from a friend of a family member whose 3rd cousin knows a guy in the military and..."

The story never starts with "I'm a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army and I was asked..."

If this question was being asked as often as people claim, someone who's current or former military would have spoken out about it at some point. Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen have the internet.

I'm former military and I've never heard any military member say anything about U.S. civilians apart from wanting to do whatever it takes to guarantee their safety, murderers and rapists not withstanding.

OK, I'll bite. Been drafting (in my head) a huge post that I have yet to sit down and write, but I figure this is as good a time as any. I will keep this as short and to-the-point as possible.

I am a supervisor in a federal law enforcement agency. My unit is small and has a unique mission that has nothing to do with infectious diseases or working with the general public at all.

Two of my subordinates rotated through some FEMA training in Dallas about two months ago. I am guessing that someone else reading this must know what I am talking about because these trainings were very well-attended by a wide range of personnel. Generally the subject matter was mundane, as I was told.

One of my employees was deeply disturbed when he came back from training, and came to me behind closed doors to have a talk. For what it's worth, the other employee has made no such comment. The concerned employee said that he was asked if he would fire on his co-workers and/or the general public if there was a quarantine and someone attempted to breach the zone. Mind you, this was before the huge ebola scare, and the context was pandemics in general.

I have no reason to believe this person would concoct such a story and I believe 100% that he was asked that question. The gentleman in question is well-educated, very level-headed, and a devoted family man. Not the type of person to be so upset needlessly.

Since the day we had that conversation, it has come up in discussion from time to time, and he and I are both very worried. I have not heard anything else mentioned through official channels that remotely hints at anything about use of force. Conversation at work lately, however, has started to shift toward informal speculation of "what if" scenarios.

More FWIW, from my mind...Neither my office, nor any others in the area, have received any unusual shipments of supplies lately, nor any extra ammo, new or unusual weapons, protective gear, etc. It's just been business as usual. I have two very good friends who are SAs with another agency, and they have not mentioned anything different or unusual happening in their agency. I believe that at least one of them would talk to me if he observed something to be concerned about.

Fascinating, confirming, disturbing, and reassuring, all at once. Quoting your post in its entirety, hoping others will read it as well. Thank you for responding.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

Did you talk to your nephews YOURSELF?

And confirm, not through their mother, that they were specifically asked this?

There could be a huge difference in content and context between what neurotic mother who reads paranoid right wing chain emails interpreted and the truth.

What is the context again? Stopping an active shooter, like the Ft Hood attacker? Of course soldiers would.

My sister is a level headed woman. If I can't share what I know in the gray area of ATS, then where do I share it? I've seen tons of paranoid drivel receive countless stars and flags. I shared something here that has me deeply concerned, and I wanted some feedback. Fortunately, some others here recognized my intent, and so, in the end, despite all the BS, it's been worth it.

bludragin-- I am with you and appreciate that you started this thread. Don't let people distract you or derail the thread and your efforts. The naysayers will try to draw the topic away from the original point and nitpick where it suits them.

At the very least, this discussion has encouraged me to come forward with some info that's been stewing in my mind for quite a while. And it feels darn good to do that!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Probably talking about Muslims US citizens...
Or black children...
Or Mexican migrants...

Surely not about upper class white folk!!!

That is very close to racism.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SomePeople

I'm a muslim...

It's not even close to racist...
Especially in intent...

Do you think upper class White people are the domestic threat to the Army?
edit on 15-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: therainmaker

I cannot wait to read your upcoming post. Please alert me when you do!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc:

They very concept should be disturbing to good officers. Protecting their fellow Americans is the very reason why many of them sign up in the first place.

Just like the police are supposed to protect us?

Um hmmm.

# 294

edit on 15-10-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: quote bar snafu

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I cannot wait to read your upcoming post. Please alert me when you do!

Ha, well, truth is I have been working on a mega-post for The Grey Area, literally for months now, and it is about my life, not just incidents and concerns like this one. I am not sure when it will be complete. But I digress...

As for this specific issue, I will share anything further with ATS, however I have no intention of bringing up the topic of conversation unless it happens to come up. I do not want to raise any red flags.

On another note...if someone with a good reason needs to verify who I am or what I do, I am not going to do so via the Internet. However, I am willing to meet up for intelligent conversation in the northeast USA. You show me your ID, I show you mine. Credentials case, badge, PIV computer access card, unmarked agency vehicle registration card, etc...I have quite a lot of items to show in person to verify who I am and what I do. You can even send an email to my official work email address right as you are sitting next to me, and I would show you when it appears in the inbox on my portable agency-issued device.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Very glad we connected. And, I believe you.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Very little of what you said is based in reality. You type like English is your second language so I'll assume you're from another country and attempting to "call it like you see it" while knowing very little about what's actually going on in the US.

Oh, it is real for sure. Very real. Most information apparently is unclassified because it is set like that by the US government. All the information(declassified) you can find on the internet. If you been searching up US gangs, Corporations, and Bioweapon. You can find them all. Why do you think Neo Nazi group is still alive and growing bigger? Those group would be dead already if it wasn't for the corrupt. The biggest main problem is #4. These guys don't show up in public until a big war happens. If they do, it is usually too late. Can be corporation(mostly), ehmm Monsanto.

You can take up Nazi Germany for example. They had Scientists as fking Generals or High Ranking Officers. The main reason why Germany lost the war. They think they were superior and god(just like US today, your dead ancestors would be ashamed, freedom fought for nothing, just ending up to be infinite war). Scientist are not good war leaders. All the good War Leaders were fighting on Eastern Front and died. Why the USA/Allies during WW2 got it easier on Western Front. Germans sent their best men to died on Eastern front. A reason why Soviet was getting a huge pounding.
Soviet maybe lower in tech in Tank fighting, but they had it better with their Aircrafts.

Give you some tips, search "Plum Island" as of now it is considered unclassified. Look at how Italian Mafia worked. Look up Neo Nazi on youtube, etc. Look up biggest gang in New York, etc. Look at how people are living in cities and redneck holding their guns defending their so called territory.

Remember that video where a girl accidentally kills gun instructor with Uzi? One example of a gun fanatic. If we were back in the medieval age, I bet we would have sword fanatic just like the Knights of Europe(abandoning the bow unlike the Greeks) and Samurai of Japan. Japanese Samurais were sword fanatics. They freaking always try to be the best swords men killing each other, they go to China as their main competitor and keeps challenging them(especially Shaolins).

This is the same with US now. Check out MMA. Keep trying to challenge so called Kung Fu in China just like the Colonial Age of Boxing. I swear if China was owning guns, I bet gunslingers would go there for a duel in the past like the European Ancestors between Landlords or French and English. Stupid waste of skillful men trying to be the best.

edit on 16-10-2014 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I had the same conversation in training

Petty officers asked us for some damn reason (which was odd)

I spoke up first (I work on being right not being quiet
)

The scenario was we were armed and put outside the gate to defend it (no I did not start the conversation)

We got orders from the Captain to open fire on the civilians out side the gate protesting.. Would we fire..

I immediately said no..
It was an illegally given order

Started a how long train of BS discussion
I was being grilled but I had to explain to the 2nd class (he was a dumb a$$ boot licker)
1)us troops are not allowed to operate on US soil against us civilians without congressional amendment to the law

2)I had a legal duty as us military personal NOT to follow illegal orders and that order was signed by somebody with stars somewhere in the past.. Last I checked stars outrank silver perched eagle

I had to endure a moron to the point I got pissy..

He tried to tell me I would be thrown in the brig for disobeying a direct order..
I told him I would demand the order in writing (per UMCJ)
He got mad and said some crap about us being the first line of defense
I told him he was tactically not ever going to be in charge.. We were just sailors, not marines.. 90% of us had only fired a gun four time and that was boot camp..

The class leader intervened and asked me a single question..

"If you saw a gun being drawn in the crowd," he asked..

I told him at that point the base was under attack and the crowd was being used as a human shield.. I would mow them down in a damn heart beat..

Understand.. They intend to hurt me at that point and survival first and sort the mess later..

The 2nd class got mad and said some crap about me not liking him and just starting crap..

I told him that while a may be true it does not mean b is..

We got asked that if we were inside the base and people were storming it we would not follow the order to shoot to kill

I responded first again.. That not the scenario were just told.. Inside the base is different then other side of the gate.. If they are inside the gate I would also mow them down.. At that point they are their to harm and hurt.. They are dead till we run out of ammo..

Inside blue line on our side of the gate is different then them being outside of the gate... Inside means it is a fight for life

He got pissed off and went and reported me..
Found out later on he got laughed at.. It appears the XO thought my answer was the correct answer.. He had to go back through his watch quals for the base and his instructors crap..

Me.. I got stuck with about two months of balls watch

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: SomePeople

I'm a muslim...

It's not even close to racist...
Especially in intent...

Do you think upper class White people are the domestic threat to the Army?

I know you're a muslim and that doesn't mean a thing. Muslims can be racist and often are - just like any other demographic, anywhere.

If you said what you said about some other ethnicity it would be immediately called out as racist. There's nothing wrong with being rich and white. In fact, some might go so far as to say it's rather a nice thing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join