It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nephews Who Are Army Officers Recently Asked "Are You Prepared To Kill US Citizens?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin I believe you. To be honest it makes sense. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best?!?!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If anyone thinks the 'herd mentality' wouldn't quickly settle in with the rank and file ...

And, yes, this has been discussed on the boards before, just not in this context.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It's funny you say that. I talked with a coworker about Ebola and he suggested, "We shoot them all." I guess he had it pretty well figured out in his mind.....but this is Texas so, grain of salt.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

If he thinks its weird to hear rounds firing on a military base he should spend a day near mine..

He'd poop himself at the sound of artillery hitting the impact area on an almost nightly basis.

You'd think a base as big and involved as mine would have received orders to prepare for an oncoming apocalypse...But alas no such word has been passed down.

Folks, please be careful what you are willing to believe on the internet. Units train on a regular basis for marksmanship, certification on weapons and vehicles, currency on aircraft, and a whole host of other things.

To the paranoid ignorant conspiracy theorists this validates the "they're training to kill us" narrative every time they see a military vehicle or aircraft or hear a little live fire coming from the base.
edit on pWed, 15 Oct 2014 12:15:07 -0500201415America/Chicago2014-10-15T12:15:07-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I already know what you think of me and my posts. I posted exactly what I chose to post. Please go apply for that moderator job. I can see you are just dying to become one.

BTW, they were asked this recently.

I decided to quote you to show the state of your post at the time that I commented so that you would not make me appear crazy and attack me as you did in your last thread. Simple.

Now. Would you care to address my question, or do you just wish to continue making assumptions about me and insulting me?

My question again: When was this?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Obviously, you know nothing about the military, or military families. As if I could share the exact date and time. Do you want my nephews names and addresses too? Give me a break.

Speaking of twisting reality, you are the one who accused me of editing a post last week in a manner that I already proved did not occur. There are thousands of posts and posters for you to choose from when you wish to pretend to be a moderator. Time for you to move along to a more receptive target - one who takes you seriously. I don't.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What's your thoughts on what my nephews were asked?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Discussions like this are had on a fairly regular basis. Context is important to note.

I've been asked this question before and my answer is always the same:

"Kick me out of the army".

I should note that I have never been asked this question in a official capacity. It was merely in conversation with my soldiers.

That said, I have a hard time believing, outside of BIG ARMY contingency planning, that these questions are being asked outside of conversational theorizing.

edit on pWed, 15 Oct 2014 12:32:42 -0500201415America/Chicago2014-10-15T12:32:42-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

Its probly just a follow up on their oath that they took. They swear to defend america against forgien and DOMESTIC threats.

Per my sister, the question went a bit beyond that, although I wish that's all it was.
edit on bWednesday00000015Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:31:13 -0500pm123110 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

edit on bWednesday00000015Wed, 15 Oct 2014 12:31:44 -0500pm123110 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

They were probably asked: "Are you prepared to defend the Constitution of the United States of America against its enemies, foreign or domestic?" Perhaps your nephews interpreted the question as if they were being asked to shoot US citizens if ordered to.

edit on 15-10-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Per my sister, the question went a bit beyond that, although I wish that's all it was

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Per my sister, the question went a bit beyond that, although I wish that's all it was.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Discussions like this are had on a fairly regular basis. Context is important to note.

I've been asked this question before and my answer is always the same:

"Kick me out of the army".

I should note that I have never been asked this question in a official capacity. It was merely in conversation with my soldiers.

That said, I have a hard time believing, outside of BIG ARMY contingency planning, that these questions are being asked outside of conversational theorizing.

Lol man those are some weird conversations you guys get up to. I thought all yall talked about was Eskimo pie and Jody.

You sure you weren't being groomed?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin

Are your nephews officers?

And I don't mean butter bars or warrant officers I'm talking about battalion commanders and above.

If not then I wouldn't worry about this too much.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Soldiers don't exist in a vacuum of information dude.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I thought it was Standard Operating Procedure for troops to fire on looters, etc, in a disaster situation; once the National Guard got down into Katrina country, it was complete chaos with people getting shot who were just trying to source water and diapers.

IMHO, after a massive hurricane or other disaster blows through, and no one has anything to fall back on for life support, raiding your local wrecked Walmart for the necessities of life is allowable and normal, not criminal behavior. What's more important, Walmart's sanctity and profits, or the people?

Obviously it's another thing entirely if we're talking cattle cars, FEMA camps and people disappearing by the 10s of thousands...

I'd sure like to know more about this Apocalyptic training, though.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
you probably really should use the sarc tag on that one lol a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

How do you figure the army can draw up these plans on the assumption that US soldiers will follow orders against their own countrymen? Would they not need to know the the frame of mind of the soldiers that the plan will rely on?

I am not saying that the army has orders to do this but rhe army has a plan to invade EVERYONE and it is not too far fetched to believe they could have a plan for invading its own country. I doubt the entire force would be interviewed for this information but at least enough of them to compile enough data to work with.

I am more curious of the responses more than the question. The question is a given.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

I had a 7th grade student recently suggest that we should kill everyone with Ebola. She is terrified. I explained "if your grandma had it wouldn't you want them to help her not kill her". She didn't buy it lol. Sadly so many people are dying for the apocalypse. It's deeo in our culture now. I know so many people who want it. Sadly I think they wanted zombies not unstoppable plague or totalitarian dystopian

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Maybe he was talking about shooting the mob, bikers, street gangs, bankers, oligarchs and corrupted politicians?

Theses people are a threat to domestic stability.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join