It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient was on flight from Cleveland to Dallas!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Good thing this was announced the day after Ohio's Health Officials met to discuss the State's Ebola Response Plan.

**I'm not yet sure if I should say that sarcastically**

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

That's [pretty consistent with what the CDC has been doing as well. Announce ways in which everything is under control, next day announce worse news.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I'm beginning to wonder if Ebola only becomes highly infectious in the last stages of the disease.

What I'm real confused about is how they are setting the "21 day" clock. It's making no sense.

Thomas Duncan died the 8th, right? According to MY calendar that means it's been a week, also known as SEVEN days. Now, that's just when he died. All that pile of diarrhea, blood, vomit soaked bedding, etc. also had to be handled and according to what happened in Spain, that means "contact" did not end when Duncan's life did, so I would assume that people in that hospital were still contacting contaminated, or potentially contaminated, surfaces and objects for a few days afterwards.

But news articles are saying that it is only 2 more days before all the other health care workers are out of their 21 days monitoring period?

How the hell does that work? What calendar are they using? It makes no sense whatsoever. A commenter stated earlier that they believe they should be travel restricted for 2 months. I don't think that's a bad idea. The 21 day period is arbitrary as far as I'm concerned....but also appears to be amorphous!

If, according to news reports, both of these Dallas healthcare workers were contacting Duncan during his sickest days...that means right at the end. Because he was ALLEGEDLY holding fairly stable until he did a right angle set toward dead just two or three days before he reached his destination. That means these nurses were exposed like...a week ago!

Nothing the CDC is saying makes any sense.

AND, while I don't advocate locking someone up, I don't have ANY PROBLEM putting their names on a no-fly list! THAT is a protection for the public. If they have a burning desire to go infect their family as a bucket list item, let 'em beat feet, but put their names on a no-fly list until that 2 months has passed!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Kent state university is asking her relatives to stay off their campus for 21 days! She has three relatives who work there. Dang! I'm freaking out so bad. This is way way way too close to home!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall
21 days is such a tidy box for tptb.
The masses will breathe a collective sigh of relief, but the truth is, it's a clock that will keep on ticking.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Considering this virus can mutate every time we generate a new cell (and I'm not saying it DOES, I'm saying it CAN), there aint nobody out there that can "pick" the "gestation" period and call things okie-dokie. Not as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Now they are flying her to Atlanta? Because she is very, very ill?

Sorry at work and can barely keep up...

What a freaking nightmare. I am almost entirely convinced that someone really WANTS to spread this.

Where the HELL is common sense?
edit on 10/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm thinking if this nurse survives (somehow) she should be held on at least 132 accounts (plane back) of attemped murder.

It's harsh but so is knowing you were exposed to this. Willing to let others get exposed to this because
you want to visit family?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
NPR

Duh. Ya think?

link   

originally posted by: EvilBat
I'm thinking if this nurse survives (somehow) she should be held on at least 132 accounts (plane back) of attemped murder.

It's harsh but so is knowing you were exposed to this. Willing to let others get exposed to this because

And Duncan, too.

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I'm at home on my computer with a dozen tabs open and the local news on and can barely keep up!

There is a press conference coming out of Cleveland in less than 10 minutes, so hopefully that will straighten out some of the conflicting information.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

And Duncan, too.

duncans already dead why charge him?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall
ITA.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I'm at home on my computer with a dozen tabs open and the local news on and can barely keep up!

There is a press conference coming out of Cleveland in less than 10 minutes, so hopefully that will straighten out some of the conflicting information.

can you give me a link for that please?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

And Duncan, too.

duncans already dead why charge him?

Well, I guess my point is... he lied and brought it over here. He's the main criminal in this case, dead or not. And he should never have gotten over here and infected these people to begin with.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Here's the live streaming I've been following

Link

Will also have 3 pm press conference from Akron

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
looks like they are going to have a presser here...people getting ready

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: suz62
dailycaller.com...

Is it wrong for me to laugh at that picture in the article?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Presser starting soon...I swear, I'm starting to have a Pavlovian response to this BS - every time CNN plays their breaking news intro - I feel ill.

I hope Cleveland says her contacts in Ohio are being quarantined out of an abundance of caution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join