It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tory Minister: Disabled People '"not worth" the Minimum Wage.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DazDaKing
a reply to: gortex

Reading about UK politics as of late makes me literally feel sick. I'm seeing my country fall apart on a daily basis, both from the perspective of who's running us and the emerging general opinions of the public. I can't take it anymore.

It's like, in the time of our modern history when it is most BLATENT that these guys aren't out for us, people are STILL falling for the classic mind games. These goons are openly revealing their inner colours on a weekly basis, and yet all people can talk about is how immigrants are ruining are country.

It literally has become everyday topic in England right now. I cannot avoid the immigration issue or commentary for one day. BBC comments have been especially depressing as of late.

All I'm seeing is people moan how ethnic group 'X' or 'Y' is ruining Britain, and how we shouldn't open our doors to anyone because we don't owe them anything and so forth. A serious lack of empathy for the fellow poor man is emerging.

This is an age-old trick, applied over and over again. It completely shifts the focus of the people from the government to a perceived problem within themselves. So, things like the OP become irrelevant to the public within a couple of days at most.

The truth is, our governments have let us down over and over again. There is no true working mans party and in all honesty the disconnect between your average Brit and a politician is greater than ever.

The true problem with this country is SOCIAL MOBILITY. If you removed every immigrant in England right now, and banned all future immigration, as some desire, social mobility would not change lol. People aren't suddenly going to have more opportunity for jobs and money. What's #ing wrong with people?

Yet my country's people are WALKING into the arms of UKIP, and are still strongly supporting the Tories, who only seem to want to hinder social mobility and the quality, cohesion and freedom of society, as of late. I cannot fathom it anymore.

In essence, I believe our only logical choice is to vote Labour. They are the only party (with a realistic chance of winning) that are not talking absolute crazy talk as of late, and arguably have a MUCH better budgeting proposition.

But wait, everyday I get told '# voting for labour, I don't like Ed Miliband' lol. There truly is no hope with 'waking up' the public. The tools are too effective and always will be.

Anything can happen going forward in this country now, and if I'm completely honest, for the first time in my life I feel uncomfortable about our potential directions going forward. I truly pray that we make the right choices as the public, whatever those turn out to be.

Probably the best post I've ever read on here. Get people to blame the immigrants when it's Tories cutting off public services and pay freezes to me it 'sexier' for Private companies to buy as lower wages mean more profit and the most vulnerable are being targeted first as they can't fight back (Info from a source that a Lancashire NHS head said words to these effects at meetings earlier this year).

Strangely enough all the buyers seem to be the Tories best mates who magically double their money as it's revealed they continually undervalue share prices and the taxpayer looses billions.

Tories have made similar comments recently, we all know this is what most of them think but are too scared to say it - as an ex journalist I'm getting a sense this could be him being pushed out to allow 'fresh meat' in before the election? - probably calling for much harsher benefits approach to win over UKIP mentalists.

As for Labour - This has been going on for months and they've only just started complaining, they also introduced ATOS, sorry but I could never trust them. The Lib Dem Traitors have killed the left - hopefully they'll be a major surge towards independent candidates or greens (even though I don't agree with some of their policies they seem good people with a strong healthy world vision).

However if Milliband and balls left, and Labour went back to pre Blairite politics they'd get my vote.

edit on 15-10-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
As someone who is disabled, I'm getting a bit pissed off trying to justify my existence. The way some people talk, being disabled is a life style choice. I certainly know, I would rather be a fully functioning healthy human than one who is disabled and living with a terminal illness. It certainly wasn't the way I had planned my life. It wasn't the future I desired as a kid. Like anyone one else I had worked hard to get myself a decent job. I worked from the age of 16, with the desire to just have a normal life get married and have kids. My illness and following disabilities certainly weren't what I wanted. I certainly didn't choose them as some form of lifestyle. I very much doubt any disabled people did. You don't expect further punishment than life has already dished out.life is hard enough as it is. I'll be dead in a few years so won't be costing the hard working tax payer any more money. Heaven forbid. Nice attitude some have developed since the financial crash. Caused by all those disabled people

I know the feeling -being genuinely disabled or sick and seeing government ministers and the media constantly come out on a weekly basis calling you 'corpses', 'cattle' 'herd', 'benefit scourging scum', 'lazy, feckless, uneducated jeremy kyle addicts in their pyjamas gave me major depression for a while as gets soul destroying - feel free to PM if you ever want to vent I'm involved in a few support groups which may help you a lot.

His self-inflicted comments were what got me most - I didn't get choose to have a car do a hit and run while cycling, breaking my shoulder, starting epileptic fits from the brain trauma, nearly losing the arm to damage uncured during fits, luckily the arm is healed but my days of not having to write down lists of tasks, shopping and diaries are long gone.

I've worked my a@@ off from a broken home to A levels in Physics, Maths, ICT and BA (Hons) International Journalism 2.1 and Applied BSc (Hons) Mathermatics 1st with Distinction and Merit. Done Uni support work/lecturing/tutoring and would come under IDS's definition of a 'striver'. Now because some moron ran me over and left me disabled I'm suddenly a 'scrounger' worthy of £2 an hour.

I have never seen a UK government as transparently evil as this one and a public so apathetic. Probably because now Cameron wants to introduce laws that'd have me shipped to Guantanamo for exposing government corruption.

edit on 15-10-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: OneManArmy

originally posted by: alldaylong
So now you are saying that some disabled people have more worth than other disabled people?

We are all worth the same.

That contradicts with you saying that you would be happy with some disabled people being paid £5.00 per hour.

So those who you would pay £5.00 per hour are not worth the national minimum wage ?

How does that make us " all worth the same "

The Tory bastard who made this comment about the disabled knows he is in the wrong. He has made an apology because he has been found out.

I did try to explain. Its my fault for not being able to put it into words better.
I dont know too many commercial employers that actively recruit disabled people which made the remploy closure such a travesty.
With 2 million people unemployed we need to do something to get people working. Able and disabled alike.

I have no doubt that he is a bastard, he works for Ian Duncan Smith, being a bastard is a CV requirement.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
As someone who is disabled, I'm getting a bit pissed off trying to justify my existence. The way some people talk, being disabled is a life style choice. I certainly know, I would rather be a fully functioning healthy human than one who is disabled and living with a terminal illness. It certainly wasn't the way I had planned my life. It wasn't the future I desired as a kid. Like anyone one else I had worked hard to get myself a decent job. I worked from the age of 16, with the desire to just have a normal life get married and have kids. My illness and following disabilities certainly weren't what I wanted. I certainly didn't choose them as some form of lifestyle. I very much doubt any disabled people did. You don't expect further punishment than life has already dished out.life is hard enough as it is. I'll be dead in a few years so won't be costing the hard working tax payer any more money. Heaven forbid. Nice attitude some have developed since the financial crash. Caused by all those disabled people

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

I agree with what your saying but I think with multi-million pound companies it should be part of a social reward to the communities that they're based in to offer disabled people reasonable jobs for at least minimum wage. By reasonable I mean safe to their-selves and others, I'm disabled myself with epilepsy so wouldn't be safe as a chef/driver builder etc.. for instance. Same way a blind man wouldn't make a very good traffic officer.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Dont believe everything your hear in the "news" media.
Especially emotive tripe like this news story which is designed to whip up the hatred and anger of the unwashed masses.

We are all taxpayers, if our taxes werent being illegally siphoned off to pay the interest on vast sums of money borrowed to create the illusion of stability and secure our financial serfdom. Then maybe we would be able to easily support our health service, support our sick and disabled, support our armies, support our poor, support our families, support our communities and work on the goal of "utopia".
Until then our hands are tied and the lie of fiat currency, central banking and fractional reserve banking will be our demise.
Until we stop blaming everyone but the real culprits for our woes, then we are doomed to this crap.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

I agree with what your saying but I think with multi-million pound companies it should be part of a social reward to the communities that they're based in to offer disabled people reasonable jobs for at least minimum wage. By reasonable I mean safe to their-selves and others, I'm disabled myself with epilepsy so wouldn't be safe as a chef/driver builder etc.. for instance. Same way a blind man wouldn't make a very good traffic officer.

With multi million pound companies it should be a legal requirement that they offer jobs to disabled people, and reap money back into the communities they operate in to provide services. This should be standard for any truly massive company, like tesco, or sainsburies.
Sadly it isnt.
I think it should also be a requirement of multi nationals if they intend to trade in this country that they MUST provide for the social fund. Its hard enough getting them to pay taxes.
Our system is buckling from mismanagement and fraud, we really need to do something, and in the very near future too.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Thanks for putting that much clearer than I could.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the same guys writing tax legislation in the UK are the same people who sit on the biggest companies responsible for tax evasion, some even advising on backdoor loopholes.

Until a politician has the balls to expose it and call for it to be made illegal, they'll just keep finding loopholes. (and even then they'll probably still find other ways).

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
Thanks for posting this. My partners health deteriorated about three years ago and is now in a wheelchair most of the time. Since then my eyes have been opened about how bad disabled people can be treated. I am embarrassed how ignorant I used to be about this.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The people behind the scenes that pull the politicians strings and fill their greedy coffers with silver and gold on the other hand...
They are the geniuses, while we play petty politics and argue amongst ourselves, they plot on giving themselves more power, more wealth, more control and more status quo.

We went from Gordon Gekko in the 80's with "Greed is good"
to 2014 "Idiocy is good"
How did that happen?

Im just stunned at how this one story has stirred up so much hatred and vitriol because of the way its being presented.
And the way its being presented as if he said it about all disabled people is disturbing.
Im not saying I agree with him at all, its just that when I see this story at face value, then I can see why he said what he did.
I can understand the greedy self serving point of view that he is representing.

Hold on there now, it is quite clear that he was singling out a group within disabled, and that has been presented properly, since it came out of his own gub. Is there something you know to enlarge on that?
Ultimately that doesn't matter, because there is a darkness in the £2 remark, and it also shows his own ignorance of the subject that he is supposed be in command of.
I will add to that, this is a Lord of the realm that came out with this crack and he has been forced to apologise by a standing Prime Minister who has said he doesn't agree, exactly the same as Jo Swinson of the Libdems has said,
"Members on all sides of the House have been understandably shocked by the remarks by Lord Freud which I would stress absolutely do not reflect the government’s position and are clearly offensive and unacceptable. And I am glad he has issued a full apology."
There have been no nuances added by the Prime Minister or the Libdems. Still and all, No10 is not in a sacking mode...yet.
edit on 15-10-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Kudos man, an incredible insight.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Still and all, No10 is not in a sacking mode...yet.

They never are. Not until enough public outrage has been vented to force the issue.

Not until it affects the poll ratings. Because its all about appearances, reality has nothing to do with it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
* double post*
edit on 15/10/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This man, needs to go. He isn't even a member of parliament. He is a Lord who hasn't been elected, yet gets to make decisions on behalf of the voting public.

This is the legacy of Blair/Browns governments. They attempted to restrict the hereditary peerage, yet they are more than happy to allow the peers they promoted to make decisions on our behalf.

We are living in a ***** up state! But all the while the voting public are suckered in to keeping the regime alive.

UKIP cry that the E.U s an elected Quango, I ask what is the House of Lords? Sorry but when you have Andrew Lloyd Webber making decisions about the laws of the land, we really are screwed. Unless, of course, he's going to make a musical of the whole thing?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

But an elected second house would ruin opportunities to reward your buddies and stop one rigging the system of checks and balances.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Still and all, No10 is not in a sacking mode...yet.

They never are. Not until enough public outrage has been vented to force the issue.

Not until it affects the poll ratings. Because its all about appearances, reality has nothing to do with it.

You are kidding of course..the whole of Westminster government itself is in outrage right across the board, not just any opposition, there have even been 'quiet' apologies between parties where one side has accused, (wrongly) a current government MP of talking in the same frame as Freud. Correct info wrong man? I don't know.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

But an elected second house would ruin opportunities to reward your buddies and stop one rigging the system of checks and balances.

True, very true.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well we know the elite think like this and now we have some proof.
They can spin it however they want and David Cameron seems to be using his dead, disabled son at every opportunity recently - the Conservative Party in the UK are absolute scum, much like the republicans in the US.
Sure there are a few decent politicians in each but their values, thinking and disdain for poor and vulnerable people is there for all to see.

If anyone actually votes for these sickos - well you need your heads checking.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
I would like to see a change in the paradigm of the employer/employee relationship. I own a small business and i employ several worthwhile craftsmen. I understand that in the long run, these people are my business and my reputation. I want them to enjoy their lives so they are happy when they come in to represent me and the business. I want them to want to be here for the long haul.

Nobody goes to work for someone else for any other reason besides pay. If i don't take care of them, they won't stay around. Then i am constantly retraining new people and business slows and occasionally an unproperly trained employee can cause major catastrophe, which brings our work to a screeching halt.

If i pay more, i get better employees. When i have better employees, more work gets done, the more money to go around and less stress for everyone.

It's when a company has investors trying to pull every cent out of a business that you get to the point where you satrt looking at your labor costs (which is a substantial bill for any business with employees. ) as potential profit loss.

Oh, if only more business people felt like this......

I've seen too much of the "major catastrophe" that comes just before the "screeching halt"..........and have sometimes been in the middle of trying to get owners/managers to see it coming....all to no avail.

To the topic of 'the disabled are not worth a full wage'..............when a worker is put on workman's comp after being disabled on the job, they are paid only 2/3, or 66 per cent of their former income .......despite the fact that the said job is the reason they are now a cripple.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
This man, needs to go. He isn't even a member of parliament. He is a Lord who hasn't been elected, yet gets to make decisions on behalf of the voting public.

This is the legacy of Blair/Browns governments. They attempted to restrict the hereditary peerage, yet they are more than happy to allow the peers they promoted to make decisions on our behalf.

We are living in a ***** up state! But all the while the voting public are suckered in to keeping the regime alive.

UKIP cry that the E.U s an elected Quango, I ask what is the House of Lords? Sorry but when you have Andrew Lloyd Webber making decisions about the laws of the land, we really are screwed. Unless, of course, he's going to make a musical of the whole thing?

I agree about the non elected crowd, but those guys have been around in one form or the other for centuries and not much to to with Blair/Brown particularly. The old pals act has been going long before them, and across parties..never mind the Nepotism with relatives to Prime Ministers making up a good swell of MPs in a ruling government.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

As a disabled person, i'd love to do the fancy 'take off the glove and slap his face with it'. His apology is crap...and i'm American.

I suggest he either donate a good chunk of his salary to disability groups, volunteer/work with actual disabled people, or both. And not for a day...a good solid week or two, even better a month.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join