It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tory Minister: Disabled People '"not worth" the Minimum Wage.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
Well said. The idea that anyone with a disability who is capable of work should be paid less is disgusting.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

If the government was so keen on working rights for the disabled they'd have helped Remploy instead of cutting funding and closing it down.

edit on 15-10-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Those bastard Tories always target the most vulnerable people in society. The disabled, the sick, the weak, the unemployed immigrants etc.

I loath their " I'm alright jack " attitude.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The Tories are kicking disabled people off welfare benefits and forcing them into work. Once they do this, they want to pay them as little as possible. In my eyes, that is exploitation, regardless of the severity of their disability.

This is one of the most abhorrent things I have heard from this party and they don't even have a mandate to govern.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
So now you are saying that some disabled people have more worth than other disabled people?

Where did I say that?

We are all equal in this world. We are all worth the same.

The "worth" of our labour and the "worth" of ourselves as human beings are 2 different things.
It depends on what the job is for.
If the disabled person is working to make a living like the rest of us, then they are entitled to at least the minimum wage like the rest of us.
If the whole point of the job is not to make a living BUT TO CREATE A SITUATION WHERE THE DISABLED PERSON IS GIVEN A PURPOSE IN A LIFE, AND TO FEEL LIKE A CONTRIBUTING MEMBER OF SOCIETY. Not to feel like an outcast of society unable to get a job due to their disability, then and ONLY then can I see it as a good thing.

I already said Im not for exploitation and was simply pointing out that this story isnt as its being reported.
The guy just answered a bloody question and he answered honestly, is it any bloody wonder that the politicians lie through their teeth and tow the party line regardless and put up the facades of respectability because be damned anybody that dare speak freely or make the mistake of being a normal human being.

"HANG HIM!!!! Get the pitchforks, how very dare he."

Why didnt we have that sort of reaction to the parliamentary paedophile ring?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
What is worse is the way they try and get everyone else to buy into their hateful view point. You are unemployed because of immigrants, you pay too much tax because of unemployed, every one on benefits is scamming. Its divide and conquer at its most cynical.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
They dont call them the "Nasty Party" for no reason. 5 more years of tory scum and well all be working for £2.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't disagree with you about politicians not being able to be honest due to media reporting but do you really think this applies here? Even the most generous interpretation I can come up with for what he said still makes him a dick.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Those bastard Tories always target the most vulnerable people in society. The disabled, the sick, the weak, the unemployed immigrants etc.

I loath their " I'm alright jack " attitude.

Its not just the tories, its all of them.

Democracy is a damned lie.

Its the same system, just different faces to front it.
Makes the stupid people think they have a say in anything.
While we argue over the hegelian dialectic of individualism vs collectivism.
Instead of right vs wrong. We dont see the rug being pulled from beneath our feet by an economic system that is a grand pyramid scheme this is due a collapse under the weight of its own proportions.
We are too busy arguing about football, or the theatre of politics.

I can sum it up in one word...CONTROL.

They are the control structure, and we are its servants. They use the hegelian dialect to get us to beg for our own demise.

Its genius.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
His 'apology' is complete nonsense - I've been following his work as part of Disabled People Against the Cuts and he has repeatedly made the same statement this year starting on Jan30th.

Not enough lamposts.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc
They dont call them the "Nasty Party" for no reason. 5 more years of tory scum and well all be working for £2.

As much as that..Wow, the kids on Workfare who work 40+ hours a week for their benefits (£51) might be in for a pay rise..

Sarcasm BTW

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Reading about UK politics as of late makes me literally feel sick. I'm seeing my country fall apart on a daily basis, both from the perspective of who's running us and the emerging general opinions of the public. I can't take it anymore.

It's like, in the time of our modern history when it is most BLATENT that these guys aren't out for us, people are STILL falling for the classic mind games. These goons are openly revealing their inner colours on a weekly basis, and yet all people can talk about is how immigrants are ruining our country.

It literally has become everyday topic in England right now. I cannot avoid the immigration issue or commentary for one day. Recent BBC comments have been especially depressing.

All I'm seeing is people moan how ethnic group 'X' or 'Y' is ruining Britain, and how we shouldn't open our doors to anyone because we don't owe them anything and so forth. A serious lack of empathy for the fellow poor man is emerging.

This is an age-old trick, applied over and over again. It completely shifts the focus of the people from the government to a perceived problem within themselves. So, things like the OP become irrelevant to the public within a couple of days at most.

The truth is, our governments have let us down over and over again. There is no true working mans party and in all honesty the disconnect between your average Brit and a politician is greater than ever.

The true problem with this country is SOCIAL MOBILITY. If you removed every immigrant in England right now, and banned all future immigration, as some desire, social mobility would not change lol. People aren't suddenly going to have more opportunity for jobs and money. What's #ing wrong with people?

Yet my country's people are WALKING into the arms of UKIP, and are still strongly supporting the Tories, who only seem to want to hinder social mobility and the quality, cohesion and freedom of society. I cannot fathom it all anymore.

In essence, I believe our only logical choice is to vote Labour. They are the only party (with a realistic chance of winning) that are not talking absolute crazy talk as of late, and arguably have a better budgeting proposition. Yes, the lesser of evils logic, as always.

But wait, everyday I get told '# voting for labour, I don't like Ed Miliband' lol. There truly seems to be no hope with 'waking up' the general public. The tools are too effective and always will be.

Anything can happen going forward in this country now, and if I'm completely honest, for the first time in my life I feel uncomfortable about our potential directions going forward. I truly pray that we make the right choices as the public, whatever those turn out to be.
edit on 15-10-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I would take great delight in disabling this POS.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

So now you are saying that some disabled people have more worth than other disabled people?

We are all worth the same.

That contradicts with you saying that you would be happy with some disabled people being paid £5.00 per hour.

So those who you would pay £5.00 per hour are not worth the national minimum wage ?

How does that make us " all worth the same "

The Tory bastard who made this comment about the disabled knows he is in the wrong. He has made an apology because he has been found out.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
And people wonder why I hate the Tories so much. Arrogant prats like this just add to my hate levels.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18539523]DazDaKing[/post
Problem is unless you invent a time machine there is no real labour party to vote for. Just your choice of colour of Tory.
Labour have already promised to stick with Tory spending plans.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
I don't disagree with you about politicians not being able to be honest due to media reporting but do you really think this applies here? Even the most generous interpretation I can come up with for what he said still makes him a dick.

How many politicians do you know that are NOT dicks?

We are in a nation run by total idiots. Seriously. They are idiots.
The people behind the scenes that pull the politicians strings and fill their greedy coffers with silver and gold on the other hand...
They are the geniuses, while we play petty politics and argue amongst ourselves, they plot on giving themselves more power, more wealth, more control and more status quo.

We went from Gordon Gekko in the 80's with "Greed is good"
to 2014 "Idiocy is good"
How did that happen?

Im just stunned at how this one story has stirred up so much hatred and vitriol because of the way its being presented.
And the way its being presented as if he said it about all disabled people is disturbing.
Im not saying I agree with him at all, its just that when I see this story at face value, then I can see why he said what he did.
I can understand the greedy self serving point of view that he is representing.
edit on 201410America/Chicago10pm10pmWed, 15 Oct 2014 14:24:56 -05001014 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Bit violent but understand the sentiment.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Labour have already promised to stick with Tory spending plans.

That's fine as long as long as I don't have to listen to Cameron tell me how great our country is and how he and his bully boys are going to kick the Oiks one more time whist giving tax breaks to the rich.

I look forward to the day next May when his sorry ass is dragged out of Downing Street.

edit on 15-10-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DazDaKing
a reply to: gortex

Reading about UK politics as of late makes me literally feel sick. I'm seeing my country fall apart on a daily basis, both from the perspective of who's running us and the emerging general opinions of the public. I can't take it anymore.

It's like, in the time of our modern history when it is most BLATENT that these guys aren't out for us, people are STILL falling for the classic mind games. These goons are openly revealing their inner colours on a weekly basis, and yet all people can talk about is how immigrants are ruining are country.

It literally has become everyday topic in England right now. I cannot avoid the immigration issue or commentary for one day. BBC comments have been especially depressing as of late.

All I'm seeing is people moan how ethnic group 'X' or 'Y' is ruining Britain, and how we shouldn't open our doors to anyone because we don't owe them anything and so forth. A serious lack of empathy for the fellow poor man is emerging.

This is an age-old trick, applied over and over again. It completely shifts the focus of the people from the government to a perceived problem within themselves. So, things like the OP become irrelevant to the public within a couple of days at most.

The truth is, our governments have let us down over and over again. There is no true working mans party and in all honesty the disconnect between your average Brit and a politician is greater than ever.

The true problem with this country is SOCIAL MOBILITY. If you removed every immigrant in England right now, and banned all future immigration, as some desire, social mobility would not change lol. People aren't suddenly going to have more opportunity for jobs and money. What's #ing wrong with people?

Yet my country's people are WALKING into the arms of UKIP, and are still strongly supporting the Tories, who only seem to want to hinder social mobility and the quality, cohesion and freedom of society, as of late. I cannot fathom it anymore.

In essence, I believe our only logical choice is to vote Labour. They are the only party (with a realistic chance of winning) that are not talking absolute crazy talk as of late, and arguably have a MUCH better budgeting proposition.

But wait, everyday I get told '# voting for labour, I don't like Ed Miliband' lol. There truly is no hope with 'waking up' the public. The tools are too effective and always will be.

Anything can happen going forward in this country now, and if I'm completely honest, for the first time in my life I feel uncomfortable about our potential directions going forward. I truly pray that we make the right choices as the public, whatever those turn out to be.

Probably the best post I've ever read on here. Get people to blame the immigrants when it's Tories cutting off public services and pay freezes to me it 'sexier' for Private companies to buy as lower wages mean more profit and the most vulnerable are being targeted first as they can't fight back (Info from a source that a Lancashire NHS head said words to these effects at meetings earlier this year).

Strangely enough all the buyers seem to be the Tories best mates who magically double their money as it's revealed they continually undervalue share prices and the taxpayer looses billions.

Tories have made similar comments recently, we all know this is what most of them think but are too scared to say it - as an ex journalist I'm getting a sense this could be him being pushed out to allow 'fresh meat' in before the election? - probably calling for much harsher benefits approach to win over UKIP mentalists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join