It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Blair Win Would Endorse War: John Howard.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Australian Prime Minister John Howard stated today during a radio interview that
following his and George W. Bush' recent election victories, the re-election of
Prime Minister Tony Blair would be seen as an endorsement of the military action
taken to oust Saddam Hussein' regime.

www.news.com.au
"Certainly it would," Mr Howard told ABC Radio National.

"I'm conflicted when it comes to the British election (but) I really wish Tony Blair well because he's been extremely courageous.

"I think of the three of us he had the most difficult internal task in relation to Iraq because his party was deeply divided and a large section of his party was openly hostile to his decision."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This may be wishful thinking on the part of John Howard. In the case of the recent Australian election, Howard' Liberal Party won as a result of two main reasons. One being a good economic track record and the fact that the opposition were 'light' on policies. And of course Howard and Bush will back Blair, because a loss would be seen as a fracture of the coalition.

edit:format

[edit on 8-12-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Intersting report Sanc.. It does seem that the three men are and will be linked in the history books. I think a Blair win does give them a mandate for the war on Iraq, at least within thier respective countries. Italy and Japan are also in that fold as well. Japan recently re-upped its troop commitment for another year.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Good point Fred. The decision by Junichiro Koizumi to deploy troops to Iraq caused a large backlash within his own party, not to mention the Japanese public. As for Silvio Berlusconi, he more or less
thinks he is invincible and is basically a billionare entrepreneur who also happens to be Italy's
Prime Minister.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Australian Prime Minister John Howard stated today during a radio interview that
following his and George W. Bush' recent election victories, the re-election of
Prime Minister Tony Blair would be seen as an endorsement of the military action taken to oust Saddam Hussein' regime.

Either that, or as in the case of re-election of Bush, it's because of fear. I can see all the fear tactics playing right before my eyes here. We've had nearly three terrorist drills in my city.

new topics

top topics

join