It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We decide to not take our trip to Hawaii because of the Ebola virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Much to our surprise, the wife was on the net here (Japan) and people she was chatting about traveling to Hawaii for Christmas have decided not to fly because of the virus or really haven't made up their minds yet to go. We were at the travel agency over the weekend which does package trips, both domestic and abroad and the agency was dead. No customers but us. Usually at this time of year you have to wait up to 30 or minutes to see the travel agent. We were there actually to get the latest gossip on is it really safe to air travel and also their package deal. We left saying to each other, let's stay put this holiday season. Do you think we should ignore people who say don't travel abroad and travel anyway?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Choose fear or paradise.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I don't see the problem, unless some people from west africa are traveling with you...... Just go and have some fun and don't let the fear mongering hold you back!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
This is really disheartening.... If you live in fear then you may aswell already be dead.

Probably more chance of your plane crashing than catching ebola anyway....!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I don't know the situation around the world , but here the Japanese are very, very worried about air travel and the Ebola virus

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Come to Scotland instead. Lot's to see here and we are Ebola free.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
No Ebola in the islands, as far as I know.

If it does make it here, so it goes, there are worse places to catch it.

Seriously, don't let fear hold you back. Hawaii is awesome.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well technically, aren't your chances better on an island where it hasn't even appeared than the continent which the virus HAS been contracted? (albeit 3 whole cases)

More people die from the flu, and numerous other viruses every year. How many die from vehicular accidents? Does that prevent you from driving?

Don't let paranoia get the best of you. If you can afford a trip to Hawaii, then by all means go. I mean, worst case scenario and you have this beautiful experience/memory of Hawaii.

Or, you can stay on the mainland here, where the virus already exists and wait for that fever to come your way. You'll surely have lovely memories of watching the television as the virus descends upon your household.

editing to add I missed that you are in Japan currently, so the US here isn't your mainland. The advice still applies though.
edit on 15-10-2014 by gottaknow because: misread original post.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This Ebola fear is getting out of hand. There are far more dangerous diseases than it, like yearly influenza, which spreads much easier and still kills.

And I agree that there is higher change of plane crash than getting the Ebola. Firstly someone with Ebola must be in same plane, second he/she must be right next to you, third he/she must sneeze right front of your face. Better not lick any surface Ebola patient has touched, but you can't catch Ebola from skin contact, as the virus doesn't penetrate the skin, only through mucous membranes or broken skin.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is the first economic effect of this particular new "threat". Another straw on a sagging camel's back. The world economy will be stressed by the ebola threat even more.

I don't like eating at buffet style restaurants and will never go out to eat if this thing goes "outbreak" level. No malls either, or any public assembly. Bug in and stay out of the public at that point, but people are going to jump the gun and contribute to the mayhem before it goes that far south.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Christmas is a long ways off... have you looked at the charts showing the possible global cases by then, and if the U.S. in all its stupidity doesn't limit flights out of Africa by then, Ebola will probably be all over the world in unprecedented numbers.

You've got time to wait awhile and see how things progress; if any business is at risk from Ebola fears both real and imagined, it's the plane and travel industries. I'd give it a 50/50 chance that you'd buy a ticket ahead of time, but the flight crews won't be working by then; the hospitals are already losing staff in droves and they were on skeleton coverage before this.

In other words, all bets are off, soon if not already. That's not misplaced Ebola fear, it's simply the reality of a situation which is ripe for panic as well as realistic thinking.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well....i guess i'll have to take a bus now when i vacation

I plan on heading to either colorado or the west coast next month, as i need a break fro things here

new topics

top topics

join