It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isis, Nostradamus, and the End of the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Years ago I read a book titled "Nostradamus Predicts the End of the World" a very interesting book - And I read several other Nostradamus prediction books - All very interesting. But the end times predictions which included a Middle Eastern leader leading armies into Southern Europe as WWIII unfolds did not happen - but were supposed to happen near the end of the 20th Century.
Now as I look at what is happening in the Middle East with many of the old time dictators losing power and the most radical of all Muslim groups [Isis] filling in the power vacuum wonder if Nostradamus, though off by a few years, might not be right after all.
What do you think? Are we headed for World War Three after all?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
In my opinion WWIII, will be more sthg like: educated people vs. fanatic doom-sayers, than a war between nations, or cultures. I hope I'm smart enough to join the educateds. Got some doubts about my brain sometimes, but I'm working on it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
i dont know man, remember the french revolution, the aristocrats were the educated and they were out numbered, in the end it just comes down to who wants it more.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

If there is a WWIII it will be fought between machines, not people. In fact, you could say the current scourge of ransom hacking, cyber-attacks, and unmanned military bombing is WWIII. It is simply more cost-effective to use machines because they don't require feeding, housing, veteran's benefits, etc. A smart bullet can go look for its target without collateral damage or civilian casualties. There may be short-lived civil squirmishes in the U.S. if cyber-attacks manage to knock out power grids, but you'd be surprised how much people will help each other when they have a common foe.

What is deceiving is the amount of information we get now vs. just 30 years ago. We hear about tragedies as they happen. Everyone can watch riots at the other side of the world as they occur. This means in your typical day you will hear about so many more things to be afraid of than 30 years ago. Meanwhile, the facts and stats show clearly that quality of life on all scales worldwide is getting better, not worse. But what commercial news source is going to spend the day going around showing everybody how things are improving? None, because that's not what captures your attention.

Nostradamus' predictions were crafted to apply to all eras, yet be cryptic enough to sound prophetic. It's just a matter of looking back and seeing what events seem to be repeated era after era and tapping that repetition in a creative way. Anybody could do it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
Years ago I read a book titled "Nostradamus Predicts the End of the World" a very interesting book - And I read several other Nostradamus prediction books - All very interesting. But the end times predictions which included a Middle Eastern leader leading armies into Southern Europe as WWIII unfolds did not happen - but were supposed to happen near the end of the 20th Century.
Now as I look at what is happening in the Middle East with many of the old time dictators losing power and the most radical of all Muslim groups [Isis] filling in the power vacuum wonder if Nostradamus, though off by a few years, might not be right after all.
What do you think? Are we headed for World War Three after all?

Yes but his prediction of the end of the world was in like the year 3000 and something according to many interpreters of his writings, there is predictions of a third world war I think in first or second century of this millennium but that doesn't end the world according to his prophecies.

Got a few books of interpretations at home, will have to look them up to find what is said to be best and most accepted interpretations of his prophecies.

You do say end times predictions so I assume what ever you read was saying Nostradamus predicted the end soon in this millennium or any dates you remember reading?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: audenine

lots of people got caught up in the 'end of days' scare
guess we shouldnt worry just make the best of an unperfect situation

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Nostradamus, and any prophesier/sage, for that matter are all wrong. They fool you into thinking they have some legit views because they keep their predictions vague so that you can apply them to anything. Then if things don't work out correctly, you just wait for the next time that world events line up in a way that could be applied to the prediction. Then, since the future is unknown, it is impossible to disprove their account since you can just argue that their prophecy(ies) haven't come true yet. These guys are the original con men.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It's certainly soon to be the end of ISIS, considering their rhetoric and xenophobia genocidal actions.

Its in the post!

edit on 15-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Before the interwebs I too read a lot on Nostradamus.

I think what is being referenced is the Nostradamus blue turban quatrain?

Out of the country of Greater Arabia,
Shall be born a strong master of Mohammed,
He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban.
He will be the terror of mankind.
Never more horror.

Interesting but I hear a 'Blue Turban' isn't something that any Muslim would wear.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think the OP is getting Mother Shipton's predictions crossed with Nostradamus predictions

I think perhaps Mister Nostradamus might have had gender issues because his Surname meaning is 'Our Lady'
converting from practicing a Hebrew religion to a Catholic one is bound to have been strange...no wonder he turned to Occult Scrying & pagan astrology in later life...
where he had a fascination with world destruction, plagues, the overturning of civilization...
because his own Family had those same events shape their lives... I guess he 'seen' that happening on a world scale in a series of continual upheavals

instead of bringing the future to light---he had a morbid fascination with Armageddon/death/destruction/collapse of faith-trust in a better world going forward

edit on th31141338545115042014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Interesting but I hear a 'Blue Turban' isn't something that any Muslim would wear.

the present day explanation for that is the 'blue turban' leader is not an Islamic...
but rather the blue turban refers to the UN Peacekeepers' who wear blue helmets
So, watch out for the NWO who use the UN as its Army and even install a fundamentalist Muslim as Commander of the Peacekeeper force which might well be HQ'd in Brussels too.

edit on th31141338618215162014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Before the interwebs I too read a lot on Nostradamus.

I think what is being referenced is the Nostradamus blue turban quatrain?

Out of the country of Greater Arabia,
Shall be born a strong master of Mohammed,
Never more horror.

Here is a quote from a writer on that quatrain:

Out of the country of Greater Arabia Shall be born a strong master of Mohammed,
Never more horror.

Here, Nostradamus says that a man from Greater Arabia will lead his forces on an invasion through Europe. This invasion will start a third world war that will be far worse than all the other wars put together. When will all this take place? In one quatrain Nostradamus gives us an exact date in which the war will be well under way.
In the year 1999 and seven months
From the sky will come the great King of Terror.
He will bring back to life the King of the Mongols;
Before and after war reigns.

Nostradamus predicts the war will begin shortly before the year 1999. It doesn't make much sense to this author, but many are now saying that the 'war' was set 'in motion' in 1999, and now after Septermeber 11th these things are going to come true... as we are now 'at war with terror.' Interpret it how you will. He also tells us how long the war will last.

The war will last seven and twenty years. (so 27 years)

Nostradamus says that the war will be so terrible that the world will come face to face with final annihilation. Here, he implies that the war might involve some kind of horrible weapon, possibly nuclear. Nostradamus tells what the first target will be.

The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city.

In this phrase, Nostradamus refers to a great city in the new world of America near forty-five degrees latitude. Experts agree this could only be New York. I know many of you are thinking of other websites that claim this means he predicted September 11th. Again, interpret it how you will. The sky did burn at 45 degrees, but New York was not destroyed, nor was it a nuclear attack.

By fire he will destroy their city,
A cold and cruel heart,
Blood will pour,
Mercy to none.

Although Nostradamus 's predictions for our future sound frightening, the accuracy and dates he gave do not seem to flow. Are they being misinterpreted, or are they just plain wrong? Is the New City at 45 degrees yet to be destroyed? He does give us some hope by telling us how this third world war will end. He says it will end as a result of an unexpected alliance.......

Source of quote:
www.armageddononline.org...

Some of you obvuously have read some of this Nostradamus predicts material and others may not have - In the better books I read the interpretations of the author show an amazing accuracy - Things like tha fall of the Soviet Union would be hard to predict as before it fell the Soviets had an iron control over all of its satellite countries. But as I recall some of the predictions from at least one of the books what happens now is China forms an alliance with this new Muslim force and as WWIII unfolds we end up with the Russians - The basic WWIII scenario is Muslims and China vs. United States and Russia.
POSSIBLE

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView Years ago you read a book but centuries ago the end was prophesied but none understood it, no not one not till the time of the end had came and was to be fulfilled.
behold this is the time of the end and the end of the world is at hand but first the scriptures must be full filled before the coming of the lord jesus christ.

Here is the end of the world. The king of the north will beseige most of the fenced cities as he is doing now.
All nations will be given into the hands of the little horn save for 3, edom moab, and the chief children of ammon
A mark will be set forth by him to try all the world
They who do not take his mark will be killed save they be they who will remain
And they who take his mark will fall upon a sword but shall not be wounded, they even they will enter into eternal fire.

All who was written in the lambs book of life will not take his mark.
and many of them will be slaughtered.

Its shall be for 3 and a half years after all the cattle to whom it was appointed are slain than the heavens shall shake

Also the powers of heavens will war against the nations by the hand of his anointed ones
Those two olive tree's shall show them selves not only for a sign but for his words sake
and they will have power over all plagues, sickness, diseases, storms all wonders that was upon earth for a sword and all plagues that was upon earth for judgment they will have power over and the isles shall hate them for these two prophets will torment they who dwell upon the earth

Jacob will go into captivity and israel will go into captivity, the holy city will be stamped upon for it is given into the gentiles,

Kings shall rise up against kings and many nations will raise up against his holy people,

And at the time of the end as a cloud covers the land so shall the armies and bands of gog and his bands and many people come up against israel also the king of the north parts and the king of the south parts will come up against the desolator in those days, at that time behold The heavens shall be roled back like a scroll, the earth shall shake men shall be as horses and grass hoppers so shall they run and hop and hide in the caves and rocks for fear of the lord and glory of his majesty. and at the end of the days of the first judgments the vessels of kings and rich men shall be food for the ravens and scavengers of the heavens.

This is the judgment. and the true end of the world, for like a man the earth has begining and a end, tho many of you will not see the end of this world for many shall see the new world to come that be his saints

new topics

top topics

join