It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Texas Health Worker Tests Positive.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Second Texas Health Worker Tests Positive

A second health worker at a Texas hospital where a man died of ebola has tested positive for the diseases. The unnamed member of staff reported they had a fever on Tuesday and was immediately isolated at at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital. "Health officials have interviewed the latest patient to quickly identify any contacts or potential exposures, and those people will be monitored," a statement from the Texas Department of State Health Services said. "The type of monitoring depends on the nature of their interactions and the potential they were exposed to the virus." More follows...

The bbc link
www.bbc.co.uk...

They need to do a rethink of how they will quarantine 1000s if they can not contain it from one person.

edit on 15-10-2014 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2014 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: joho99

So as this spreads there will be many doctors and nurses, janitors, people who draw or test body fluids, intake personnel in emergency rooms, and dozens of other jobs who will outright refuse to be in the vicinity or treat ebola patients. Maybe if they changed the name of Ebola to something less frightening....Koala?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Well this was expected we are dealing with a true pandemic. We must remain vigilant, but apart of me wants to say holy #!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
there is absolutely zero chance any western government is ready for such a possible pandemic.
This is the tip of the iceberg as i see it...... i need to get some tins in..

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I figured there would be one or two more cases, but I expexted them from the family that was quarantined in the house he was sick in. I didnt expect two healthcare workers.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
People say don't get worked up, don't get paranoid, I'm not but if there was anything to fear it appears to coming to light. To say the cases showing up now and likely to show in the next few weeks as to this is going to heat up further.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

It makes me wonder if Africans have a slight resilience to it? Maybe there were outbreaks before in history, I don't see why there couldn't of been.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Wow. In one of the old threads about the Ebola outbreak, I said it will burn out soon. NOT so. This strain has an attitude and it will affect the Carribean soon. Jamaica, Cuba, Haiti, then to Central America.

I take a deep breath, before we are forced to use "masks".

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

The guy in Dallas was from Africa. He died.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
People say don't get worked up, don't get paranoid, I'm not but if there was anything to fear it appears to coming to light. To say the cases showing up now and likely to show in the next few weeks as to this is going to heat up further.

I don't know about this second healthcare worker yet, but the first healthcare worker (Pham) was around the patient during the last stages, when the virus was probably shedding the most, looking for a new host. That to me, is the most dangerous - being around someone in the later stages of the infection. Not that you couldn't catch it in the earlier stages, but I think it's easier to dodge the bullet. I think it's really, really hard NOT to catch it in the later stages.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

There have been many outbreaks in just the last decade.
I can't say im seeing much resiliance. Actually it seems white patients are surviving more but it could simply be a case of healthcare. They didnt give duncan any experimental drugs til he was practically dead. Could come off as bias.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Maybe if they changed the name of Ebola to something less frightening....Koala?

really...?..how much can a koala bear ?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

Why do you think the Carribean is going to have an outbreak? I'm going to Jamacia tomorrow (or maybe not) and am curious how you made that deduction. I've been checking an so far zero cases reported there

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

If it helps Jamaica has less than 1% chance at the moment

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40
I know Dallas was from Africa...I said a slight resilience. Else there wouldn't be an outbreak in the first place!

If there was a large outbreak much further back in history that means a percentage of those descendants now carry immunity to Ebola then there isn't much point comparing Dallas not surviving to a white person surviving, they both contracted it. I'm pointing to the fact that his family seem to be ok even though they were around him when he was very ill.

If they are experimenting by giving blood from survivors then maybe this idea isn't completely crazy?

edit on Wednesdayam151431Wed, 15 Oct 2014 05:48:55 -0500482014-10-15T05:48:55-05:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Exactly! How is it that the nurses are the ones getting sick instead of his family or other close contacts. There are also those who cleaned the apartment, etc.

Either something is being covered up in regards to the family or there is some conspiracy against health care workers.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Compared to the recent events no larger outbreak has been documented previously. While there have been smaller incidents (~100-200 deaths), ebola tends to burn out quickly due its high letality. Unreported outbreaks in the far past are even more unlikely because africa was much less populated and people didn't travel a lot. So there might have been isolated cases in a small region, but no widespread epidemy.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

There is documented immunity in some African areas however i doubt this plays any significant role in preventing or minimizing transmission.
From my understanding when they were treating the patient they were using dialysis and intubation, both of these are aerosol generating procedures and are advised against. This might be the key factor in the transmission and reason why hospital staff need to follow procedures exactly.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Already posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue at the above.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join