It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Won't Take Down Obama Tombstone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
Now with that,,, Obama's DOJ has brought about this,,,,,designated First Amendment Area's

Those "zones" were first brought by the brains at Universities after they fought so hard to have unfettered Free Speech -- in the 60s and 70s. Sorry, President Obama's administration can be blamed for quite a bit, but not this.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Obama is following along in the exact neocon footsteps that the GOP under W installed. You would think the right would be singing his praises as he bows to wallstreet and the military industrial complex, corporate america and the wealthy elite. Under Obama the rich are getting richer and the poor is classes are increasing. And Obama has continued the war W started.... I would think that's a conservative wet dream! There must be another reason why he is so hated...maybe it's because he's......nah!

I don't hate the man, I just have no respect for Obama as a leader

Why do people throw around the word 'hate' just because people have different views/opinions is beyond me

Now I wasn't a member here when Bush was pres. but I sure would have had plenty to bash him about, as is my prerogative being a citizen of the US
Doesn't mean I hate him either....

The 2 party system is a joke and so many people fall into the trap of staying divided when both parties are very similar as they are different, just different players

And I will go further and throw in Pelosi, Reed, McCain, Schumer, McConnell etc. while I'm at it

No hate --just disappointment in all of them!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The free speech zones are not new. They've been around since the 90s or so. They are utilized by private businesses, government, and both political parties. Guohua blames Obama and Democrats for them (besides that she blame everything on them) because they are being used a lot more in recent times or perhaps because universities are considered Democrat bastions.

Regardless of her supposed reasoning this is more evidence for suppression and control of the American people by the ruling class and their minions. As I've said countless times the ruling class is above politics and parties. They worship at the altar of money. Universities use these free speech zones so commonly now because they are entirely just businesses now. The students may be liberal but the institutions are just another business like our hospitals, prisons, police, schools and churches.

Money is the problem. The corporatocracy causes every problem our country faces either intentionally or by sheer blind greed.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Disagreeing with Obama or Democrats is fine. It's a free country. It becomes hate when you do it constantly and irrationally like Guohua. As a recent poster said Obama can't be blamed for free speech zones by any logic. Guohua did it anyways because her hateful irrational worldview (clearly based on Republican propaganda) has overcome her reason.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The free speech zones are not new...[t]hey are utilized by private businesses...

Just wanted to highlight this because the First Amendment and the protections laid within do not generally apply to private business -- unless the Government decides that your business is a "public" amenity as some States have done with their "equal rights" laws.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Disagreeing with Obama or Democrats is fine. It's a free country. It becomes hate when you do it constantly and irrationally like Guohua. As a recent poster said Obama can't be blamed for free speech zones by any logic. Guohua did it anyways because her hateful irrational worldview (clearly based on Republican propaganda) has overcome her reason.

That's where we will have to agree to disagree

But then again, as I stated earlier, I don't take politics/politicians as seriously as some do on here

There are some that feel strongly against Obama and yeah, they take pot shots at him like comedians do but I highly doubt any of them would wish any ill will towards the man personally

A person knows that when they run for any kind of political office, they are fair game to any and all criticism, especially a president

I hate to say this, but by you attacking guohua every chance you get is no different than what you claim she is doing to Obama

What's that old saying....2 wrongs don't make a right
Well, you're are doing the same thing except to a member here, not a politician

Debates can get heated but there is a tact to going about it without getting ugly or insulting
Sounds like tho you are making this personal regarding guohoa

edit on 15-10-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Indeed but the line between private enterprise and government is far more blurred than depression if church and state (which isn't doing so well lately either). Is Penn State a private business or public institution?

www.breitbart.com...

It's an apparently public state university but they run it like a private business.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It's My OP and One more song before I go to bed.
Obama needs to learn to dance or play a musical instrument,,,,other than running his Gums for Money!
A Community Organizer should be able to play the Piano or a Banjo,,,,,
Nah,, all he knows is golf and spreading lies.

OH, and letting illegals in our and Embola.

edit on 15-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I'm not making it personal. I don't go about my day cursing her name. I'm not making threads about her. In more civil forums I'm much more polite.

I do have a huge problem with the propaganda she propagates. If she continues to act that way I'll continue to counter it. I have no ties to a particular political party and my worldview is quite open. I love when people prove me wrong or teach me something new. I've definitely been schooled by several people on this site before.

The 2 wrongs don't make a right point is pretty pointless. By your logic if someone goes around town shouting about how blacks are the devil and I then call that guy out and attack his credibility am I equally wrong? I'm not attacking him as a person merely that aspect of his ideology that is obviously wrong and programmed into him. Maybe I'm not describing it well but I know I'm right.

I'll try a second way to make my point. I have a friend who is a staunch but ignorant Republican. He's one of my oldest friends and I love him dearly but when he starts going on a misinformed rant I will shoot him down. I'm friends with him before, during, and after (not that I'm friends with Guohua or enemies for that matter).

I bet that Guohua is pretty normal in real life. I'm guessing she pays her taxes, treats people well, and causes no harm but her mindset is counterproductive. I see no willingness to engage in debate or interest in learning or in experiencing new points of view. I've never seen her concede a point, admit a wrong, or even attempt to understand others. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it given the lack of variation in her posts and the fact that she so rarely ventures outside politics. She reminds me a lot of my uncle

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Regardless of her supposed reasoning this is more evidence for suppression and control of the American people by the ruling class and their minions. As I've said countless times the ruling class is above politics and parties. They worship at the altar of money.

the ruling class is so far above politics they have the average joe fighting over policies made behind the scenes....

"obama did this!the left said that,the right will ruin us all"meanwhile those that write the rules sit back and laugh.....plenty of people believe that thinking this way is mental....they do not believe that it is possible that an elite group control the puppet strings and everything we see is just a show

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
People overreacted way too much with this. It's a Halloween display for crying out loud.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bservant

Totally agree. When I heard about it, I asked my husband... "so, SOMEONE is going to claim this is racist, right"? But they weren't, thankfully.

It's in bad taste and stupid, IMO. Drawing attention to myself in that manner would NOT be something I'd want to do, but being tasteless and stupid are not illegal OR racist. This has gotten WAY too much attention, especially considering similar gestures have been made about other presidents.

Makes me wonder who is behind bringing this into the news spotlight. I see gohua has done it here, but it's not something I would think "worthy" of news or ATS. It's just stupid.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Probably learned it in China. I'm no fan of O, and I'm not a Dem or Republican, I'm an AMERICAN, BORN AND BRED, with family has served the country since WW2 up to present day, not transplanted from a communist country running off at the mouth. I wonder was she this passionate about politics in China.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I know, right? The very vast majority of politicians don't give a damn about the American people or what we think, and I don't care if thy're black, white or paisley. We don't get any say-so in any of the goings on in D.C. and they definitely don't listen to their so-called constituents. They don't let us as Americans have any input concerning all of these laws they put on the books. But guess who they DO listen to and who DOES have a say-so regarding laws? You guessed it! Lobbyists and corporations! The last president that gave a damn about the American people was JFK, and he wasn't a saint, but he did give a damn. Yep, when this puppet is out of office, they're just gonna replace him with another one.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

I think it scoots right up to the line of being a threat but doesn't quite cross it. There is no birthdate, marking it as a prank. There is no date of death, either.

I think if there were a date of death or other kinds of details, it could be taken as a threat but this is simply a person's attempt to inject their politics into an apolitical holiday.

Maybe this person's neighbor will get revenge on Christmas by putting a baby Obama in place of Jesus for their Nativity scene.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo

Maybe this person's neighbor will get revenge on Christmas by putting a baby Obama in place of Jesus for their Nativity scene.

hot one !!

But Obama already denied that.....

Obama: Born On Krypton

www.youtube.com...

Al Smith Dinner 2008 (Full Video)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

originally posted by: amazing
I guess he should be allowed to keep it up, but it's very disrespectful. Probably one of those idiots that thinks Obama has destroyed the country. LOL

Wait...let me open the door and look out. Nope. not destroyed yet.

Used to be a time that you could dislike a presidents policies but you wouldn't cross that line of disrespecting the president of the united states in such a manner like this. And for no good reason, just the propaganda he hears on talk radio. Like that lunatic Rush Limbaugh.

That's the problem with the country today. Nobody listens to reason, fact checks or can have a logical discussion, it's all hate and anger. Everyone's brainwashed.

Really, so you are saying, Obama is the only POTUS that has had his Feeling Hurt, Or should I say, Some Democrats have had their Feeling Hurt?
Obama could not care less, he's made his Fortune and we continue to be paid by the Fools that pay taxes for as long as he's alive.

Let me look here,,,,,, You either only watch MSNBC or only listen to NPR,,, Who is this?

and this

And this one to.

OH, Poor Obama, Him Being Picked On,,,,,
Poor Baby!!!!

Non of those are good. It doesn't matter who the president is. We seem to have crossed a line in this country where we believe the lies of the media and hate people for no reason. It's ridiculous. With Bush it got crazy as well but in a majority of those cases it was tied to a particular policy like invading a foreign country and making billiions off of it. Those kinds of things.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I think the person should just take it down. They knew they'd get negativity for it, they knew that they'd be in the news. Fun is over now, you've had your few moments in the public eye. Time to be an adult again.

I think it's very disrespectful and could possibly be seen as a threat on the President. And as much as you all might like someone to go through with a threat like that, no one wants Biden as President.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: amazing

Wait...let me open the door and look out. Nope. not destroyed yet.

Good thing he can't run again.

oh look here comes ebola? Are you sure he won't be our next president

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It all boils down to intent. If i dig a grave with your name on it i may just be offering you a secure future resting place. If i dig it and want to put you in it now then i have intent to want harm to come to you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join