It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Won't Take Down Obama Tombstone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I guess he should be allowed to keep it up, but it's very disrespectful. Probably one of those idiots that thinks Obama has destroyed the country. LOL

Wait...let me open the door and look out. Nope. not destroyed yet.

Used to be a time that you could dislike a presidents policies but you wouldn't cross that line of disrespecting the president of the united states in such a manner like this. And for no good reason, just the propaganda he hears on talk radio. Like that lunatic Rush Limbaugh.

That's the problem with the country today. Nobody listens to reason, fact checks or can have a logical discussion, it's all hate and anger. Everyone's brainwashed.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

originally posted by: Hefficide

I agree with the First Amendment wholeheartedly - but I wonder what the Secret Service will have to say about it. If I were to put a tombstone in my yard with, say my ex-wife's name on it I am fairly positive that I would risk being hauled in for terroristic threat or something similar.

It is a rational assumption to think that the same would apply to the POTUS.

No it safe to say, and I do know it's safe to say. You're OK!
The Secret Service Don't care about that Tombstone any more than they did about our G. Bush Tombstone!

Hell the secret service doesn't even care about protecting the whitehouse from knife wielding nutters.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Good thing he can't run again.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Regardless of your political views, Democrat or Republican, he is the president of the United States,

And the king was the king. What the hell is her point? Especially in this country, political leaders should expect their constituents to criticize them and defy them where ever the hell they see fit.

Its true of everywhere really. If you hold public office, you are still a citizen, but you are also the go to guy for problems, good and bad responses alike.

If you think leaders should be immune to all then move to a country where a monarchy rules and live happily. In the US, being the president doesnt make you anything more than a citizen with a job to do. Literally. He got hired to do a job, not to be a freaking saint.

He is our leader for 4-8 miserable years? What? That makes him Jesus?

Screw the president. He is terrible at his job. I dont care if he is the "commander and chief". He is not my father and I will not respect him like he was my "daddy". He needs to EARN my respect like everyone else.

edit on 10 14 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Good thing he can't run again.

Yeah, I mean I hated bush much more than Obama, but I never once said or posted that Bush was destroying america. I might have said it when "they" including the congress passed the patriot act...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

So... Same difference then?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Eh I see no problem with the actual story. I don't think Obama is great. In fact he's privacy the biggest disappointment of a leader in living mory. I do think that there is literally no point at all to spreading meaningless hate of him. I didn't see the point with Bush either. I didn't like Bush either but I sure did get sick of Bush bashing.

How is hating on him doing anything? Hate accomplishes nothing positive. It can't by definition. Hate produces nothing except more hate. If Obama just quit his job or got impeached this very second, do you really think things would be better? Do you really think Utopia would come? Things have been awful in this country for well over a decade and it's not because of the president (Bush or Obama).

We're ruled by the corporate/banking elite. Stop attacking the figureheads. Stop scapegoating random groups. Stop making everything so binary. These silly political games are just tools for your oppression. You enslave yourselves.

All Guohua does is spread hate and ignorance. I take issue with that. It's counterproductive. This isn't any kind of real discussion. It's just a "let's hate Obama and Democrats" party.

I never suggested the guy the article speaks of or Guohua shouldn't be allowed to say what she wants. I'm questioning the quality of her actual speech. I'm questioning her one sided hate mongering. She can do it all day. I just disagree with its value.

Closed minds and binary worldviews are not the way forward.

PS - for those who won't bother reading my points I have zero problem with the joke and support his free speech. I take issue with spreading hate like Guohua specializes in.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Just a suggestion when you see a thread created by her ignore it, this way we don't have to read your complaints about her.

P.S. Easy peesy.
edit on 14-10-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Lol you don't like people raining on your hate parade? Every time I see one of these I'll be there. If she has a problem she should post logically, reasonably, and calmly in a forum that doesn't allow personal attacks. If I have to be the one voice speaking out against blind hate then so be it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I guess he should be allowed to keep it up, but it's very disrespectful. Probably one of those idiots that thinks Obama has destroyed the country. LOL

Used to be a time that you could dislike a presidents policies but you wouldn't cross that line of disrespecting the president of the united states in such a manner like this. And for no good reason, just the propaganda he hears on talk radio. Like that lunatic Rush Limbaugh.

That's the problem with the country today. Nobody listens to reason, fact checks or can have a logical discussion, it's all hate and anger. Everyone's brainwashed.

Really, so you are saying, Obama is the only POTUS that has had his Feeling Hurt, Or should I say, Some Democrats have had their Feeling Hurt?
Obama could not care less, he's made his Fortune and we continue to be paid by the Fools that pay taxes for as long as he's alive.

Let me look here,,,,,, You either only watch MSNBC or only listen to NPR,,, Who is this?

and this

And this one to.

OH, Poor Obama, Him Being Picked On,,,,,
Poor Baby!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

There is a reason it's in the political mud pit.

Don't like it then don't read it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Here you go, Just for you, maybe you'll blow a gasket and we'll be done with you.

And since when did you get the Job of telling Me when and where I can Post and about What i can post.
I didn't know you became the Sole Owner of ATS!

edit on 14-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Lambasting political figures is actually a time-honored tradition in our country. From effigies to political cartoons, lampooning our political figures; constant Saturday Night Live skits -- or the butt of many of jokes on Late Night television -- or websites that dedicate to expressing the actual precedent of the First Amendment -- that of political speech.

That's the problem with the country today.

I think just the opposite; I believe what is the problem with our country is our out-and-out political whoricide we have induced upon ourselves by elevating our politicians (including the President of the United States) to some sort of deity status. The thought that we must respect the President is about as un-american as it can get. To some, that respect must be earned and even then, that respect doesn't place that person on some grand pedestal that deserves god-like immunity from the People and the States respectively.

Nobody listens to reason, fact checks or can have a logical discussion, it's all hate and anger.

To that I can agree

edit on 14-10-2014 by ownbestenemy because: Fixed broken close bracket

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It's called the First Amendment. It's Halloween, and this guy is making a statement that is tune with the current holiday season. Big Deal. He is expressing his political views. Honestly, it isn't even that offensive, nor threatening. Notice there is no date of death on the tombstone. It is simply suggesting the inevitable, that Obama, like every other human that has ever lived, or that will live, is mortal. While I'm sure this guy would like to see Obama die sooner than later, he is not stating when and how. It's his right to do so.

I actually have seen some pretty humorous left leaning displays on Halloween in Seattle. One memorable one back in 2012 was a zombie rendition of the Tea Party, suggesting it's leaders and members were mindless, soulless, brain-eating walking dead destroying all life in their path. It featured a few dummies that bore obvious resemblance to such Tea party favorites like Ted Cruz, Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin. I think it was in the U district down in Seattle. The level of detail and workmanship was pretty good.

If this lady did not like his political statement, why not make one of her own on her own property instead of taking away his right to express his opinion? It is Halloween, after all, and probably the best time of year to deface effigies of famous people in creative, gruesome ways while having fun and celebrating the most awesome Holiday of the year.

Believe me, if I had my own property, the things I would do in effigy to the current crop of idiots in D.C. would make Freddy Krueger cringe.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

How about if I don't like it, I disagree with it
. Isn't that what free speech is all about.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Lol blow a gasket? I've never been angry once on here. Just disappointed.

If you want to talk about blowing a gasket how about that time you got so angry at me questioning you that you flipped out and had your husband come on to rant at me?

Keep pretending I'm the unreasonable one. You are fantastic at mental gymnastics.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

And do you not remember the outrage for taking bad about bush???
People were calling people traitors for bad mouthing him during the war.
Yall want to try and point out hypocrisy, go watch fox news re runs when bush was in office.

Can't wait till the new president can't do anything cause of obama, my head may explode from the hypocrisy
edit on thWed, 15 Oct 2014 00:08:39 -0500America/Chicago1020143980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well Obama has been known to put the U.S. into some "Grave" situations !!

Really?!

You just had to go there, didn't you?! LOL

In all seriousness, it is his right ....and it is Halloween

That being said, we all know that regardless of who is in office, the MIB might not feel the same way

edit on 15-10-2014 by snarky412 because: oopsie

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
Here you go, Just for you, maybe you'll blow a gasket and we'll be done with you.

And since when did you get the Job of telling Me when and where I can Post and about What i can post.
I didn't know you became the Sole Owner of ATS!

Um, just out of curiosity, what exactly are 'fire farts'?

What? That's what the article on the right states that Michelle said he has.......

Sorry, just asking

Maybe that's why he's such an "Explosive" president!!
OMG--xuenchen is rubbing off on me. LOL

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And do you not remember the outrage for taking bad about bush???
People were calling people traitors for bad mouthing him during the war.
Yall want to try and point out hypocrisy, go watch fox news re runs when bush was in office.

Can't wait till the new president can't do anything cause of obama, my head may explode from the hypocrisy

Yes, I remember very well, those pictures I posted,,,, came from my picture folder here.
But, then this thread or the article is not about a president from six years ago, it's about the current events today.
This POTUS is no more liked than any other and most people Truly Believed Obama would go down in History as Our Most Accomplished and Admired President.
I didn't, We knew what a Con-Man he was from day one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join