It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Won't Take Down Obama Tombstone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
No he won't, I don't blame him, in the article, he states, that if the neighbor had come to him first, One on One and voice her Complaint and Opinion, he might of reconsidered, But Not now!!
Can't Blame,,, I won't reconsider either, of-course I would have told her to go and mind her own business in the first place.

So is it Racist, is it Disrespectful of Obama,,,
Like Obama Respects any of you!
Watch the Video it's very good.

An Oklahoma man doesn't think he'll remove a mock-bloody gravestone for President Obama from his Halloween lawn exhibit despite an offended neighbor and online anger.

The uproar over Dwayne Dockens' Obama tombstone went public after Jamilla Phillips, a neighbor who moved to Edmond, Oklahoma, less than a year ago, complained to a local TV station, ABC News affiliate KOCO in Oklahoma City.

"Regardless of your political views, Democrat or Republican, he is the president of the United States," Phillips told ABC News, while declining to provide her political affiliation. "I just think it was disrespectful not just to me, but [Obama]."

And Yes The Local Democrats had to Get involved,,, Come On Democrats, You want Obama coming to your City and Supporting your locals for election?

The coverage of Phillips' complaint prompted a reaction from local Democrats.

"It's disrespectful and completely unpatriotic in a time of worldwide conflict," Dana Orwig, vice-chairwoman of the Oklahoma Democratic Party, said in a prepared statement. "We need to stand behind our country and president. But it's also typical of the intolerant and the hypocrisy that we see so often."

Dockens told ABC News that he apologizes if anyone was upset, but that he now is less inclined to take down the front-lawn exhibit because Phillips did not confront him directly about it. He said he learned about the complaint when KOCO News asked to interview him.

"This could have been settled over an afternoon talk," Dockens said. "It's ridiculous what this has evolved into."

Dockens said he set out his tombstone decorations, featuring silly phrases such as "Ima Gonner," on his front lawn as he has for the past three years without receiving any complaints. The Obama stone features Obama's name with lines of painted blood dripping over it and a question mark where his birth date should be, referencing a past controversy surrounding the president's date and origin of birth.

Link to Whining Dems

Now come on here and tell us G. Bush was never Hung from a tree on Halloween or something very similar.
There's pictures of worse.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Actually, i thought the pumpkin head is appropriate.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Did Obama reject your advances or something? You are positively relentless. Keep up the counterproductive work. You're helping no one and contributing nothing.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

And what do you call your meaningless post?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It's actually kind of clever -- the ? regarding his birth.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This again goes back to the fundamental misunderstanding people have of constitutional rights. You have the right to speak your mind freely, not the right to avoid being offended by the speech of others, you do understand that don't you,,,, I could put in down for you in Mandarin Chinese.

Like the article states,,,,The bottom line is the sign is on Dockens’ property, and he has the First Amendment right to say whatever he wants regardless of how offensive others deem his speech to be. What he’s put out isn't obscene, just controversial.
I want you to know, It makes me Happy, To think, this sign is definitely going to give liberals nightmares this Halloween.
Yes, it will, Admit it,,,,,

I Love My New Home Of America, I have So Much More Freedom Than I Had In China!

edit on 14-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I agree with the First Amendment wholeheartedly - but I wonder what the Secret Service will have to say about it. If I were to put a tombstone in my yard with, say my ex-wife's name on it I am fairly positive that I would risk being hauled in for terroristic threat or something similar.

It is a rational assumption to think that the same would apply to the POTUS.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I wonder if the IRS will go over his taxes with a fine tooth comb? Or perhaps an audit of his business. Background check into his friends dealings?

Do you really think poking the bear is a smart thing to do?

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor....

just sayin....

edit on 14-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Did Obama reject your advances or something? You are positively relentless. Keep up the counterproductive work. You're helping no one and contributing nothing.

Actually the OP is doing a very good job of showing the hypocrisy of the left, where is code pink is the war still on? Crickets………….

link   

Yet another classic example of the Johari's Window. What rights one has legally may not be supported morally.

I do not condone his choice statement in his freedom of expression, yet he is free to express it. He is not inciting a riot, it is not hate speech. It is not treasonous. It may be offensive to some or even most, but seriously, the mock tombstone is a gaffe. To treat it as an acknowledged opinion is where the opponents failed. Had they walked past and paid no mind, this story never would have surfaced. The egg is on the reporters and OK Dems who cried foul over a man's right...and that leads to the bigger issue.

edit on 14-10-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Well Obama has been known to put the U.S. into some "Grave" situations !!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Anything portraying Obama being down in the grave with mold and worms crawling through him gives liberty a little boost, at least in thought, and the idea of seeing him buried 6 feet under by a Grand Jury would be appropriate for all the felonies he's committed without any charges by congress. Both parties are worthless as human beings. No dignity, no values except corrupt ones, and no ethics, except the ones that make them smile going to the bank.
They should all be reporting to some old graveyard, to be interred with Obama in the lead. (But first Obama would need to be exhumed from the Whitehouse).

Patriotic they would actually be, if they did that.
edit on 14-10-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

If that were true then the NSA has audio on many many conversations of everyday people talking much worse on the phone about his holiness.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Perhaps a "Requiem" picture of Lois Lerner is called for.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov
Very well put, very well thought out, thank you.
You're right, they should have ignored the neighbor, are they Starving that badly for news?
Or are they just hoping for another Ferguson, Good Point.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

True and it would not surprise me one bit if a few people were not already in overseas prisons because of what they've said in that vein.

Still, being spied upon and putting it right out in the open? Two different situations altogether.

Again - on a personal level I stand for the individuals right to Freedom of Speech - moreover I'd prefer if the word "expression" were adjudicated along with it. I just know that it's not something I would do. Not just regarding the POTUS but anyone for that matter.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Disrespecting a president is just wrong!

Wait, what?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I used to honestly think the young boy who posted YT videos of himself urinating on tombs of dead Presidents was a degenerate...but then came Obama.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I agree, I would never want that type of attention at my door I like my private life too much.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I agree with the First Amendment wholeheartedly - but I wonder what the Secret Service will have to say about it. If I were to put a tombstone in my yard with, say my ex-wife's name on it I am fairly positive that I would risk being hauled in for terroristic threat or something similar.

Well if that's True, Myself and My Husband should be Banned from, flying and and the IRS should have our house.
My husband is in Japan and his next stop is Vietnam, so that's not a problem.
The stuff we said and posted and wrote about and the letters we sent to Congressmen and Senators, Hell, We'd be Jimmy Hoffa'd by now! Swimmin with the fishes...

No it safe to say, and I do know it's safe to say. You're OK!
The Secret Service Don't care about that Tombstone any more than they did about our G. Bush Tombstone!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join