It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurses' Union: Shocking Ways that TX Presbyterian Hospital Bungled it!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
Wow! Just...wow!
Frieden tried to take control of the interview--fail.
He tried to take control of Ebola--fail.

Kelly was so calm. She just let him recite his script. Then wham!

After that, I bet Frieden cried like a titty baby. He wanted the lambs to stop screaming. Right now, his mama is sewing jingle bells to his undies.

Your research is fantastic. I wish you would start a Frieden thread!!

edit on 14-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I'll try to post the video of these as well.

Here are some of the other allegations the nurses made, according to the union:

-- On the day that Thomas Eric Duncan was admitted to the hospital, he was "left for several hours, not in isolation, in an area where other patients were present." Up to seven other patients were present in that area, the nurses said, according to the union.

-- A nursing supervisor faced resistance from hospital authorities when the supervisor demanded that Duncan be moved to an isolation unit, the nurses said, according to the union.

-- After expressing concerns that their necks were exposed even as they wore protective gear, the nurses were told to wrap their necks with medical tape, the union says. "They were told to use medical tape and had to use four to five pieces of medical tape wound around their neck. The nurses have expressed a lot of concern about how difficult it is to remove the tape from their neck," Burger said.

-- "Nurses have substantial concern that these conditions may lead to infection of other nurses and patients," Burger said.

-- At one point during Duncan's care, "there was no one to pick up hazardous waste as it piled to the ceiling."

-- "In the end the nurses strongly feel unsupported, unprepared, lied to and deserted," Burger said.

My
thumb's ups didn't show.
This is wonderfully organized and concise. I wonder if more allegations will surface?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hospital staff are some of the most overworked people around. The manager's cut to make budgets and get bonuses. It's hardly a surprise that mistakes were made and I hardly fault the staff for making them.

This is one of the biggest dangers Ebola brings to the U.S. Treating an Ebola patient is very expensive. Not treating an Ebola patient causes a pandemic. The precautions needed to treat an Ebola patient require a lot of attention to detail that many current hospital budgets don't allocate for.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Per Frieden: If we isolate these countries, what’s not going to happen is the disease staying there. It will spread more, all over Africa and we’ll be at higher risk.

That doesn’t make sense.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
It defies logic, doesn't it?

Frieden.
A pox on him.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You know, I thank you for the thread, even when I knew that the reason is going to be more infected coming out from contact with the Liberian man is because like I said before, he had enough time to spread the disease.

It doesn't matter that unfortunately Ms. Pham got infected after taking care of him, but proper procedures is to blame, regardless of what is been exploited as the truth.

If the guidelines were exchanged in various occasions human errors always tend to take best of it.

I hope Nurse Pham and those that will come down with ebola because the Liberian man in the hospital will be able to get the treatment in time and recuperate fully.

At the end, it seems that the only facility in the nation fully equipped to truly handle infectious diseases is still in Atlanta., because they have infectious diseases in there before, any other facility in the nation is just learning and sadly from mistakes.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

No, you are right it makes no sense, actually ebola is already spread in African countries, the problem is that is been allow to spread by international travel outside Africa.

I guess the bubble heads think that the rest of the people are as moron and stupid as they are.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Guess what I learned today: NO CDC personnel were in Dallas supervising this case, or the quarantining of Patient Zero' s apartment. Dr Frieden publicly admitted he goofed, and they are only just NOW putting such teams in place. How much worse can this get?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin
The CDC all but said to expect more cases in Dallas. The question is: how many? And how many aren't in quarantine?

Frieden lied to the American public, bragging that our hospitals could nip Ebola in the bud. Like a lamb led to the slaughter,a sweet, innocent RN believed Frieden's rhetoric and tried to save Duncan. Her life hangs in the balance and lord knows how many other lives. How many will die because Frieden was too busy to do his real job? No, he was busy getting a haircut and a manicure for his next presser.

Each day, we see more blood on Frieden's hands.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

Per Frieden: If we isolate these countries, what’s not going to happen is the disease staying there. It will spread more, all over Africa and we’ll be at higher risk.

That doesn’t make sense.

The theory being that if people are denied passage on planes to get out of a plague-ridden country, they will cross borders and get out another way, an untraceable way. Pretty hard to do without money but apparently lots of Africans have that.

But his allegation that they can't get staff and supplies in is ludicrous, and the medical staff and missionaries shouldn't expect to be able to leave at will; they should all be quarantined before returning to society, at an army base set up for that purpose, or one of those handy-dandy FEMA camps or something. We've removed individual military personnel from some pretty dicey situations, we can send help to get anybody out of anywhere, we've got the money for that. Then, quarantine, not trips to visit the White House and speaking engagements...

His conclusions are bogus and don't comply with the logic of keeping this in Africa; I for one don't care if people leave one country and go into another and another and another in Africa. That's for Africa to deal with or any allies as want to put their efforts there. They can't swim here and that's comforting.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Frieden is a spooky dude. He failed and tried to throw the Dallas nurse under the bus ... and yet he still calmly and quietly pushes his position even after being exposed. Sorry but there is something creepy about him ...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I was angry and amped up before, but now I'm furious. Honest to God, I imagined that Frieden himself was closely supervising in Dallas. In person. I really can't believe what I'm learning. It is incomprehensible to me he has not been removed from his position. He has blood on his hands, and a stained conscience, for life. If he has a conscience, that is.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I've been considering for weeks starting a change.org petition to remove Frieden. Even before I learned of his atrocious and possibly criminal negligence in Dallas. In your opinion, would this be Ill advised?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I'm considering starting a Change.org Petition to remove Dr Frieden. Your thoughts? My post on it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire
"Above all, do no harm," Frieden said.
Does he not understand what the word means? The concept of "harm?"

You know the saying--big ego, tiny brain.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin
Great idea! Go for it!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Yes.

He had this to say:

Those words sound all the more delusional criminal in the context of what we know today.

Like I said, Bagdad Freiden needs to rethink who he serves- either the people or an administration hell bent on lying to the public.

Hope he grows a pair.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Clearly, Frieden is out of his depth. Do you remember an old Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life?"
The CDC's refrain about flights/aid/blah is starting to remind me of Billy. But who will get "wished into the cornfield?"

In any event, the Freak is the man of the moment, just not the way he prolly envisioned.

Time To "Rethink" Tom Frieden As CDC Head

The man whose one job is to safeguard America's health has failed, saying that we must change our responses to Ebola after a Dallas health care worker becomes infected despite the rules he championed. After 26-year-old Dallas health care worker Nina Pham became the first person to contract Ebola on U.S. soil, Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), said during a press conference that (we) "have to rethink the way we address Ebola control."

Yes, we do. Pham's infection, just as Thomas E. Duncan's death in Dallas after a multistop trip from Liberia, wasn't supposed to happen with CDC's protocols. Frieden's repeated assurances that everything possible was being done have been demonstrably false.

Blaming Pham, who contracted the disease while caring for Duncan despite taking recommended protections and wearing the proper gear, Frieden said that "at some point there was a breach in protocol, and that breach in protocol resulted in this infection."

He later walked back his remarks. But if the protocols were adequate, why do we need to rethink them?

news.investors.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Um, the CDC is the ones telling the hospitals what to do. You do realize that, right?

I totally believe EVERY claim they are making against Texas Presbyterian. It's in NO WAY the nurses fault.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Friedan is doing nothing more than "staying on message" per political administration directive. As far as being proactive as an organization (CDC) we're not going to see it. Just because we believe it's a function of the CDC in contagious outbreaks, I'm not entirely sure this is a current mandate. Just because it should be, doesn't mean it is.

That doesn't absolve the CDC for dropping the ball, or remaining ineffective.

Where is the Surgeon General's responsibility in all this?

"The Surgeon General reports to the Assistant Secretary for Health (ASH), who may be a four-star admiral in the United States Public Health Service, Commissioned Corps (PHSCC), and who serves as the principal adviser to the Secretary of Health and Human Services on public health and scientific issues. The Surgeon General is the overall head of the Commissioned Corps, a 6,500-member cadre of health professionals who are on call 24 hours a day, and can be dispatched by the Secretary of HHS or the Assistant Secretary for Health in the event of a public health emergency."
( from Wiki)

Multiple failures from multiple agencies are now piling up in the perfect storm of a cluster cluck.

Our First Responders are being handed their asses, yet they are in reality at the bottom of the totem pole in this chain.
When SARS, C-Diff, Mersa outbreaks first popped up most hospitals responded by designating in-house committees of Staff to implement protocols in case of outbreaks in their own facilities.

Now who got in the way of of Staff utilizing the stage 4 protective equipment would be my question?

Was it the hospital administrators? Did the CDC step in and discourage it? We've seen better containment by the USDA of livestock contagions than we have of Human contagions. My thinking is we have the wrong agencies in charge of something that is a killer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join