It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS gives journalists long list of (crazy) demands

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Crazy is right.

Pure unadulterated islam in action.

Almost as crazy as the quran.
edit on 14-10-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Lysergic

bunch of camel humping, 3rd world farmers

Most "Merican" thing I heard all day.

You got me there. It was an American depiction of them but true enough, they worse behind the wheel. Have you seen them drift? Psycho!!

For real though. How much money is spent on the US military? How many conflicts have they won this generation? It is a knee jerk reaction to assume the US is going to "reign hell on evil doers". And then everyone likes to have fun with it like it is something funny... "bombs with cameras" so we can stay home and be fat and watch it all on TV, and hey "draw colourful fingers on" cause it makes us feel tougher while we sit at home, fat and getting our ass kicked by our own government daily.

You people don't even put up a fight. Your dancing under a net of stupidity, laughing and *snip*

It's sad that you think the recent events in Iraq and Afghanistan are truly indicative of the military might of the US.

Politicians and the media were the reason we "lost to a bunch of camel humping farmers." Simple fact is: we were fighting a war that couldn't be won and we were wasting money and lives on people who didn't want to be helped. We never should have been there in the first place but you can thank Washington D.C. and the military industrial complex for that. The people serving in the military have nothing to do with the situation so you can direct your disrespect and ridicule where it belongs instead of looking like an ignoramus.

But.... you just described the circumstances for every conflict the US has engaged in. Why are we cheering for another round? If ISIS is really so bad, then why are they giving the war machine everything they want?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
They must be running low on journalists to behead.

All the anti-americans over at MSNBC should get sent there, tell them it is for the ratings.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I do not find this outrageous or surprising to be honest. ISIS fancies themselves a state, as evidenced by their claiming to be a state, but also by some of their actions such as pushing for an embassy in Turkey. I think that we should continue to expect such things. I think it is possible that ISIS wishes to present its best face to the rest of the world, not because they care what other nations think, but because they wish to paint a certain picture that is good for recruiting new fighters. The more individuals they can draw into their diabolical plan, the stronger they will be and the greater their chances for achieving some measure of success in the future. The censorship is likely due to this belief, and there are likely other reasons as well. The demands that were quoted in the opening post did not seem extremely unreasonable, although I did not read the remaining items on the list. What I did read seemed to be no different from what any tyrannical state would do, and the measures remind me of communist nations prior to the collapse of the USSR. What does surprise me is that ISIS is allowing journalists to work with foreign news outlet, although they have placed stipulations on such interaction.

Why don't you take it there yourself tough guy. Oh, that's right Americans, talk a bunch of *snip* about strength and honour, and then take 10 years to lose to bunch of camel humping, 3rd world farmers, and create a dozen more enemies to lose to in the future.

The US military uniform is kind of like a dunce cap now days.

That was me that gave you a star.... by accident

First of all, you do not seem to understand the theory of warfare where guerilla forces are concerned if you think that any military should have been able to waltz into Iraq and win an asymmetrical war right out of the blue. And theoretically the US has won the war Iraq, given their objectives were obtained. Achieving your objectives equates with winning, NOT destroying the forces you are fighting, but again, if one is ignorant regarding the theoretical side of warfare then such incorrect statements should be expected. Your misguided anger and your so elegantly contrived insults are doing nothing but putting this thread on the fast track to derailment. Your statements have really forced me to reply, mainly because of your ignorance of Americans and the Iraqis fighting them, and you are actually mimicking with your attitude these same types of Americans you apparently cannot stand, which is what Lysergic meant.

My advice is that, for the future, don't refer to people as "camel humpers," and don't attempt to pretend that all Americans are "this" or "that." If you had any knowledge of America or American politics you would know that the divisions in the US are quite broad, as the US is a very diverse nation. And don't substitute personal attacks for a genuine argument, as your appeal to emotion is likely giving readers a bad opinion of you, and nobody wants that. If you do not care about what people think please have some courtesy for the rest of us by not making such statements. If you truly believe the things you say, which are not facts, you should back them up with arguments, but seeing as how this thread is not the place for such arguments, you should refrain from using such statements since they cannot be defended without taking the thread off-topic.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I've thought that there is something really strange going on with them and all their weird threats and control issues. These aren't even normal demands by radical Muslims. It is like someone turned the 3 stooges loose with guns in the middle east and Moe,Larry and Curly decided to draw up lists of demands and threats. WTH

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Violators will be held accountable.

Um, so they will be tried in a fair court by their piers? Pay a fine and be sent home if guilty? Cool. You know these guys are alright. What can possibly be wrong with them?

Really though...we need to kill these psychos.

edit on 10 15 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

They get their tongue chopped off.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The whole ISIS playbook is a lot like the Vietcong playbook, or the maoist playbook or the playbook of any other outnumbered guerilla force that has gained control of territory......POl Pot comes to mind....we didn't stop him either....
The press restrictions...the tight policing / control of permissible ideology and attitudes...the recruitmenmt of the preteens....the whole thing stinks of the same pile of #e that's been pulled over the peoples eyes for millennia.....
These are no religious purists but they seize the Koran like some preachers wield the bible....as an instrument of control.....and way to power over others.....as well as booty ..........

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
I do not find this outrageous or surprising to be honest. ISIS fancies themselves a state, as evidenced by their claiming to be a state, but also by some of their actions such as pushing for an embassy in Turkey. I think that we should continue to expect such things. I think it is possible that ISIS wishes to present its best face to the rest of the world, not because they care what other nations think, but because they wish to paint a certain picture that is good for recruiting new fighters. The more individuals they can draw into their diabolical plan, the stronger they will be and the greater their chances for achieving some measure of success in the future. The censorship is likely due to this belief, and there are likely other reasons as well. The demands that were quoted in the opening post did not seem extremely unreasonable, although I did not read the remaining items on the list. What I did read seemed to be no different from what any tyrannical state would do, and the measures remind me of communist nations prior to the collapse of the USSR. What does surprise me is that ISIS is allowing journalists to work with foreign news outlet, although they have placed stipulations on such interaction.

Why don't you take it there yourself tough guy. Oh, that's right Americans, talk a bunch of *snip* about strength and honour, and then take 10 years to lose to bunch of camel humping, 3rd world farmers, and create a dozen more enemies to lose to in the future.

The US military uniform is kind of like a dunce cap now days.

That was me that gave you a star.... by accident

First of all, you do not seem to understand the theory of warfare where guerilla forces are concerned if you think that any military should have been able to waltz into Iraq and win an asymmetrical war right out of the blue. And theoretically the US has won the war Iraq, given their objectives were obtained. Achieving your objectives equates with winning, NOT destroying the forces you are fighting, but again, if one is ignorant regarding the theoretical side of warfare then such incorrect statements should be expected. Your misguided anger and your so elegantly contrived insults are doing nothing but putting this thread on the fast track to derailment. Your statements have really forced me to reply, mainly because of your ignorance of Americans and the Iraqis fighting them, and you are actually mimicking with your attitude these same types of Americans you apparently cannot stand, which is what Lysergic meant.

My advice is that, for the future, don't refer to people as "camel humpers," and don't attempt to pretend that all Americans are "this" or "that." If you had any knowledge of America or American politics you would know that the divisions in the US are quite broad, as the US is a very diverse nation. And don't substitute personal attacks for a genuine argument, as your appeal to emotion is likely giving readers a bad opinion of you, and nobody wants that. If you do not care about what people think please have some courtesy for the rest of us by not making such statements. If you truly believe the things you say, which are not facts, you should back them up with arguments, but seeing as how this thread is not the place for such arguments, you should refrain from using such statements since they cannot be defended without taking the thread off-topic.

Thanks for the advice, I will try in the future to no longer be responsible for my actions and inspire to be more like those that pick fights, move the goal posts and make light of bombing MSM-hyped enemies with camera bombs and colourful images. I don't know what I was thinking.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I came here to read about some ridiculous demands from a group of people extremists who have HATE for the US as their main agenda instead found another form of HATE for Merica.

Takes his Happy meal elsewhere...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
They must be running low on journalists to behead.

All the anti-americans over at MSNBC should get sent there, tell them it is for the ratings.

anti-Americans at MSNBC?...I watch the channel, and there are no such people that work there. just because people are not all FOX NEWS watchers does not make them anti-Americans.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
And what Western journalist would go for these kind of restrictions?

Either very brave or very stupid, or both, either way their output would hardly be considered 'journalism'.

The IS don't want journalists, they want people who can write in English, or whatever, to spread their doctrine, under their careful supervision. This sounds like an idiotic attempt to interact with the outside media world. And nobody in their right minds would accept this, or take them up on their offer.

IS is trying to make themselves out to be a "stern but fair" state. And when people back in the West criticise ISIS for their methods their supporters can say " they do allow journalists into their caliphate, but don't allow them to spread Western propaganda".

Maybe it's just an attempt to attract media savvy young Western Muslims to their fold, they have to swear an oath, live by ISIS rules, and write pro-ISIS articles, oh yeah and when the SHTF they're handed an AK and told to fight or die.

Any takers?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Lysergic

bunch of camel humping, 3rd world farmers

Most "Merican" thing I heard all day.

You got me there. It was an American depiction of them but true enough, they worse behind the wheel. Have you seen them drift? Psycho!!

For real though. How much money is spent on the US military? How many conflicts have they won this generation? It is a knee jerk reaction to assume the US is going to "reign hell on evil doers". And then everyone likes to have fun with it like it is something funny... "bombs with cameras" so we can stay home and be fat and watch it all on TV, and hey "draw colourful fingers on" cause it makes us feel tougher while we sit at home, fat and getting our ass kicked by our own government daily.

You people don't even put up a fight. Your dancing under a net of stupidity, laughing and *snip*

It's sad that you think the recent events in Iraq and Afghanistan are truly indicative of the military might of the US.

Politicians and the media were the reason we "lost to a bunch of camel humping farmers." Simple fact is: we were fighting a war that couldn't be won and we were wasting money and lives on people who didn't want to be helped. We never should have been there in the first place but you can thank Washington D.C. and the military industrial complex for that. The people serving in the military have nothing to do with the situation so you can direct your disrespect and ridicule where it belongs instead of looking like an ignoramus.

But.... you just described the circumstances for every conflict the US has engaged in. Why are we cheering for another round? If ISIS is really so bad, then why are they giving the war machine everything they want?

I'm not cheering for another round. ISIS is a CIA-backed group that was founded to destabilize Mid East governments that refuse to play ball with international corporations. Their foray into Iraq served the military industrial complex while also setting up justifiable airstrikes in Syria to hurt Assad... which has been the goal all along.

If you control vast resources and refuse to maintain the status quo after bribes, then threats, you WILL be eliminated. The CIA has been doing it for a long time.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

That sucks.

So only MSNBC qualifies?

The admitted MSNBC junkie who responded to me can choke on your post.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think ISIS is having those demands for anybody around on the Internet they deem critical of their structure or religion. I've had some substantial harassment in the real world for some online comments related to wanted criminals that may be working with ISIS in Texoma. Stare downs, stalking, harassment, cyberstalking, too many kidnappers suspiciously too close. Fame is addictive, they might want to not be what the west calls "fame whores", doing anything for a more publicity.

When a leader starts dictating special rules like that the publicity has gone...to his head? Or the victims' heads? That's when it stops being a religion or a livable authority movement and starts being a cult, maybe on a good day a mafia or cartel, but not quite a religion or a sect. It's one thing to tell adherents what to do, it's another to tell non-adherents what to do, even on the other side of the planet. So then I can't look at these people as devout extremist members of a religion, but brainwashed members of a cult; that's when the cause is a moot point. And it's a design of rules the whole world has seen before in other movements that have wormed out like the black wick of a candle into contemptible underground. So I don't know, if that's what they want, they can keep making more rules. Eventually they can find themselves enmeshed with rules of faith like other religious adherents, and maybe one day too their most revered leaders can do next to nothing in a daily life! It's not for everybody, and certainly not for me.

Just don't estimate someone a journalist when they aren't one. I'm very convinced the very simple judgment system (is it breathing and is it critical of ISIS? cut off its head) of that ISIS group has estimated me a target for losing a head but I'm not a journalist or reporter. I'm not accepting the actions of criminal extremists that impede equal rights of people of countries they have zero authority to govern, that is their phobia. If the organization doesn't want to read what I type on a website, they can always block it in a web browser to appeal to their leaders' vanity. They're doing the non-extremists a disservice.

I don't even keep tabs on the trends of ISIS. Wouldn't know who is in charge or anything, don't even consider the details of their beliefs. Just know if it involves some sort of intimidation to join, it's probably not join-worthy.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't know if any of you have even seen video of hostage british reporter if not you can watch it here.free-john-cantlie-in-prisoner-swap.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
remember its a secret

top topics

<< 1   >>

join