It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS gives journalists long list of (crazy) demands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

But now ISIS militants have reportedly issued a long list of rules for reporters still working in areas they control.
And they’re pretty demanding by anyone’s standards, including forcing them to swear allegiance as “subjects of the Islamic State”.
The guidelines not only specify which media outlets can be worked with, but also demand pre-approval of all stories and the control of personal social media accounts.

1. Correspondents must swear allegiance to the Caliph [Abu Bakr] al-Baghdadi ... they are subjects of the Islamic State and, as subjects, they are obliged to swear loyalty to their imam.

2. Their work will be under the exclusive supervision of the [ISIS] media offices.

3. Journalists can work directly with international news agencies (such as Reuters, AFP and AP), but they are to avoid all international and local satellite TV channels. They are forbidden to provide any exclusive material or have any contact (sound or image) with them in any capacity.

4. Journalists are forbidden to work in any way with the TV channels placed on the blacklist of channels that fight against Islamic countries (such as Al-Arabiya, Al Jazeera and Orient). Violators will be held accountable.

5. Journalists are allowed to cover events in the governorate with either written or still images without having to refer back to the [ISIS] media office. All published pieces and photos must carry the journalist’s and photographer’s names.

Such transparency! They seem like a fun bunch.

I find it somewhat astounding that they have a "media office". Really trying to look legitimate huh guys?

So my question is who on Earth is going to want to have to deal with all that and risk having their head sawed off if they make a mistake?

Link

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
How about lowering the lime light for these 'whatever they are'. I would imagine they want the publicity.
edit on 10/14/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

We should send bombs with camera euipment. And a big red white and blue middle finger.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

We should send bombs with camera euipment. And a big red white and blue middle finger.

Some aerial camera footage from the bombs point of view sounds good. Maybe a lot of it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

That sucks.

So only MSNBC qualifies?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Such a cheery crowd those fundamental islamic jihadi nutballs.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Why don't you take it there yourself tough guy. Oh, that's right Americans, talk a bunch of *snip* about strength and honour, and then take 10 years to lose to bunch of camel humping, 3rd world farmers, and create a dozen more enemies to lose to in the future.

The US military uniform is kind of like a dunce cap now days.

That was me that gave you a star.... by accident

edit on 14-10-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Uh... our great leader Barack Hussein Obama says that ISIS members are not Islamic.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

they're asslamic.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Your anti american rhetoric is getting old addressing each of your statements is fruitless we clearly stand on opposite sides of the defining line. Nod to you my friend thanks for your input.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

bunch of camel humping, 3rd world farmers

Most "Merican" thing I heard all day.
edit on 14-10-2014 by Lysergic because: sauces

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
List of requirements provided by the CIA?????

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There is more where that came from.

What defining line?

If I am not with America I am with the terrorist?

Or the water-line on the sinking ship? I agree on that one for sure. I am definitely staying above water. Good luck!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

The line you draw by hating americans and our military,simply you and i do not see eye to eye. America is not going down in destruction sounds like fantasy. Where dose your unnatural hate for americans come from? Did a cowboy run off with your old lady or what? Id really like to know.
edit on 14-10-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

You got me there. It was an American depiction of them but true enough, they worse behind the wheel. Have you seen them drift? Psycho!!

For real though. How much money is spent on the US military? How many conflicts have they won this generation? It is a knee jerk reaction to assume the US is going to "reign hell on evil doers". And then everyone likes to have fun with it like it is something funny... "bombs with cameras" so we can stay home and be fat and watch it all on TV, and hey "draw colourful fingers on" cause it makes us feel tougher while we sit at home, fat and getting our ass kicked by our own government daily.

You people don't even put up a fight. Your dancing under a net of stupidity, laughing and *snip*

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
******ATTENTION******

Can we please cease with the personal banter and get back on the subject raised by the OP?

As always, decorum and courtesy are mandatory. Say what you want, but be courteous in how you say it.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
******ATTENTION******

Can we please cease with the personal banter and get back on the subject raised by the OP?

As always, decorum and courtesy are mandatory. Say what you want, but be courteous in how you say it.

Thank you

Sorry

Erase my last if it's too much. already posted when I read this.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

You got me there. It was an American depiction of them but true enough, they worse behind the wheel. Have you seen them drift? Psycho!!

For real though. How much money is spent on the US military? How many conflicts have they won this generation? It is a knee jerk reaction to assume the US is going to "reign hell on evil doers". And then everyone likes to have fun with it like it is something funny... "bombs with cameras" so we can stay home and be fat and watch it all on TV, and hey "draw colourful fingers on" cause it makes us feel tougher while we sit at home, fat and getting our ass kicked by our own government daily.

You people don't even put up a fight. Your dancing under a net of stupidity, laughing and *snip*

It's sad that you think the recent events in Iraq and Afghanistan are truly indicative of the military might of the US.

Politicians and the media were the reason we "lost to a bunch of camel humping farmers." Simple fact is: we were fighting a war that couldn't be won and we were wasting money and lives on people who didn't want to be helped. We never should have been there in the first place but you can thank Washington D.C. and the military industrial complex for that. The people serving in the military have nothing to do with the situation so you can direct your disrespect and ridicule where it belongs instead of looking like an ignoramus.
edit on 10/14/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

They've clearly shown they treated journalist so well in the past so sign me up!
edit on 14-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join