It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jumbo squids attack Greenpeace submarine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Not sure if this is in the right forum. Mods, you know what to do.....Anyway, here goes.

A two-man Greenpeace submarine was attacked by two Squids in the Bering sea, and while there were no casualties, I think this latest attack is telling to say the least.

And their attackers weren't a squid of the giant variety, but a pair of Humboldt squids, nicknamed "jumbo squid" or "red devil" for their famed aggression and the red colour the squids turn when in hunting or attack mode.

Recently, I've been hearing about attacks from ocean creatures and there seems to be an increase of oceanic attacks: Shark attacks, Killer Whale attacks, etc....I think I even heard of a Dolphin attack. It may be just a matter of better reporting but I think something's going on in the oceans that's causing these animals to attack. I can hear them now..."You humans are ruining our oceans....or "this is for the Shrimp you stole! They were supposed to be my dinner...!"

What's with all of the attacks? Is it just me or are there more attacks than usual? What says ATS?

www.cnet.com...=YHF65cbda0

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wait, Greepeace has a submarine?!!

I have failed in life.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Was discussing this just the other night with friends....possibly the change in the earth's magnetics? Bear attacks, coyote, cougar attacks are up as well. The weirdest ones were the Musk Ox attacks on chained up dogs??!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The ocean life must be aware of the changes in their water, either in their own lifetimes or using an instinctual knowingness that the sea itself is ill. The human race, as a whole and on average, is very stupid, and since it is purposely destroying the oceans, forests, rivers, prairies and meadows of its only home, it needs a good talking to and a trip to the woodshed.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wild animals are wild.

But still agree we ruin our oceans, as a former sailor i can confirm.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I wish it would of been Whales.

That would of made my day.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
With the rise of viral infections lately, I wonder if it's possible that animals in the wild have become infected by something. If so, who would know? Does anyone check that kind of thing?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The squid are pissed because Green Peace tries to save whales. Squid is whale food, so they must hate whales and so Green Peace too.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
The squid are pissed because Green Peace tries to save whales. Squid is whale food, so they must hate whales and so Green Peace too.

Or they take that bright red color as a dare, and that awful noise as fighting words.

Or maybe they are sick and tired of us encroaching on their habitat and they just want us gone.

Can't say I blame them.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I don't get why you guys are acting like animal aggression is a new phenomena. Anyone who has ever entered the wild understand the possibility. Fear, hunger, and territory make animals attack, it's nothing new.

There is no reason to believe they joined the anti-human union.

If you where a squid and an unusual loud contraption came barreling past you, you would probably attack it too.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Pics or Greenpeace doesn't actually have a submarine ...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Follow the link in the OP, there''a a picture there.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I have failed in life.

Lmao!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: ketsuko

Follow the link in the OP, there''a a picture there.

It was more a joke that I find the idea of squid attacking a submarine to be more believable than the idea that Greenpeace would ... nevermind.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Squids are known to attack much bigger creatures than themselves,
and a two-man submarine propably resembles something like a small whale.
The story of U.S.S. Stein has always intrigued me.

en.wikipedia.org...

Take a quick dip in the ocean? Not a chance.
Monsters lurk beneath the surface...
edit on 14-10-2014 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I have failed in life.

lol that was funny.

Greenpeace wanted to protect nature but yet nature just wants to protect itself from us

new topics

top topics

join