It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Characteristics You May Find In Those Who Are Awakening

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
Many people on Earth are evolving spiritually and experiencing intense changes within their life, work, behaviors and personal relationships. Currently, people are awakening at an astonishing rate!

How do you know if you are one of those?

Here are 25 common characteristics you may find in those who are awakening. (Please read the source article to see all 25.)

Have you acquired any of these behavioral changes in the recent past?
themindunleashed.org...

3. We know things without having to intellectually figure them out. Often called intuitive awareness, we have ‘a-ha’ moments and insights that can explain some of the most complex theories or phenomenon in the world. Some of the most brilliant minds of our time just ‘know.’ Adepts and sages often were given downloads of information from higher states of consciousness after meditating or being in the presence of a more conscious individual; this is happening for more people with more frequency. As we trust our intuition more often, it grows stronger. This is a time of ‘thinking’ with our hearts more than our heads. Our guts will no longer be ignored. Our dreams are becoming precognitive and eventually our conscious thoughts will be as well.

7. Lying to us is nearly impossible. We may not know exactly what truth you are withholding, but we can also tell that something isn’t right. We also know when you have other emotions, pain, love, etc. that you aren’t expressing. You’re an open book to us. We aren’t trained in counter-intelligence, we are just observant and knowing. While we may pick up on physical cues, we can look into your eyes and know what you are feeling.

9. We tend to root for the underdog, those without voices, those who have been beaten down by the matrix, etc. We are very compassionate people, and these marginalized individuals often need more love. People can sense our loving hearts, so complete strangers will often tell us their life stories or approach us with their problems. While we don’t want to be a dumping ground for everyone’s issues, we are also a good ear for those working through their stuff.

25. We will often be kind, but if you are egotistical or rude, we won’t spend much time with you, or find an excuse to not hang out with people who are obsessed with themselves. We don’t ‘get’ people who are insensitive to other people’s feelings or points of view.

You missed yawning and stretching.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ctophil

Thank you, Ctophil. I knew you could answer his question so much better than me.

And I think you did. I think you blew his mind, because he's not replying back to you.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Here are some more good signs you will experience if you are on the path to awakening...

www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

originally posted by: TzarChasm
mr sled, would you be so kind as to explain how "spiritual evolution" is measured? what qualities are more beneficial than others and for what reasons? at what point is a quality considered an asset and not drawback and how does cultural context reflect this?

It's Ms., not Mr.

Even though I know this in my head, I am not good at articulating my thoughts into words to discuss this.
I do, however, have a friend that can answer your question in detail. I'll see if he will come and explain it.
His name is Ctophil.

its strange that when i ask you questions regarding YOUR op, someone else has to clarify what you are talking about because you are (apparently?) unable to do so.

maybe you should have let Ctophil post the thread instead, but then i just would have ignored it.
edit on 19-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ctophil

Greetings and Namaste, my friend. First, allow me to point out something. To measure something is to see if it has increased or decreased, moved forward or backwards, swing this way or that way. It is perfectly understandable that the human mind requires measurement to discover, learn, and to reach a certain goal or objective. But when you are TRULY and PURELY speaking in terms of Spirit, since you asked about Spiritual Evolution, there is no measurement, for do you not know that measurement requires a beginning and end? Spirit has no beginning nor end. It is infinite either way.

in much the same way, it can be difficult to measure evolution other than as "something is different here". but the manner in which evolution is being applied here implies that spirituality has somehow graduated to a more effective stage of application. it is this graduation that is being measured, otherwise it cannot be said that spirituality has graduated or evolved at all.

Now, let's get back to measurement. The Qualities of Spirit are Love, Peace, Truth, Harmony, Compassion, Wisdom, Beauty, Grace, Service, Kindness, Forgiveness, Liberty, Freedom, Selflessness, Oneness, Honor, and Power (Will of God, Spirit, or Source). If you see any or all of these qualities grow throughout your lifetime anywhere (family, local, national, or multi-national), then you know the planet is evolving. Anything that is negative or opposite to those qualities are products of the Ego, which is the vehicle for Physical Existence. When more people realize they have an Ego and learn to overcome it, you will see Qualities of the Spirit blossom like a flower. Because they are beautiful to all your five senses and beyond that.

i still fail to comprehend why the observance of these qualities denotes spiritual evolution. it reminds me of something i read the other day... "normal is an illusion. what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." so my question at this point in my response is...why do those qualities - and ONLY those qualities - signify spiritual evolution? are anger, hatred, sorrow, envy, greed, and suspicion not also spiritual experiences? it seems to me that these emotions and concepts forge the other half of what amounts to the pendulum principle. without one half of the arc, the other loses its power. you call it the ego, but i say that ego is perfectly human. which is also why i point out that the vast majority of today's spiritual systems seem to impress upon their followers that the whole point of being human is to become...not human. at the very least, we must appreciate on a fundamental level why being human is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. this "eradicating the ego" objective strikes me as a tad bit self-mutilating.

i am asking how spiritual evolution can be measured. the short answer: it cant. according to ctophil anyway. so in other words, you are simply stating its evolving according to your personal interpretations and not any scientific or professional evaluation. that's all i wanted to know. *exits thread*

edit on 19-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join