It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Characteristics You May Find In Those Who Are Awakening

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
yes I thought this discussion moved on from the list, I was questioning whether this offshoot of new age spirituality (paeledian\indigo kids) was worth considering and discussing any possible advantages over older religions. But rather than use the indigo idea as a way to discover your own inner spirituality; people seem to use it just to identify with -like its a fashion. Which is why people dont take it seriously... which is a shame because new age teachings have alot of good for people to learn. Instead you concentrate on the narrative-confusing yourselves with details. (ET's, forbidden knowledge and masters ) AS A CHILD ITS NICE TO READ FAIRYTALES-BUT YOUR PARENTS TELL YOU THEM SO YOU LEARN THE MORALE OF THE STORY. Im finished with this now anyway. Convos stale...hope i didnt offend anyone too badly.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

That was a cool article!
I can relate to a lot of it, especially this one:

7. Lying to us is nearly impossible. We may not know exactly what truth you are withholding, but we can also tell that something isn’t right. We also know when you have other emotions, pain, love, etc. that you aren’t expressing. You’re an open book to us. We aren’t trained in counter-intelligence, we are just observant and knowing. While we may pick up on physical cues, we can look into your eyes and know what you are feeling.

I don't know how many times people have lied to me, and I know they are lying right from the start, sometimes before they even say anything, I know they will lie.
People hate that.
Especially when you call them on it, but most of the time I don't.
I just keep in mind that I am being lied to.

This one as well I find myself being more and more like:

25. We will often be kind, but if you are egotistical or rude, we won’t spend much time with you or find an excuse to not hang out with people who are obsessed with themselves. We don’t ‘get’ people who are insensitive to other people’s feelings or points of view.

And some people wonder why I don't hang out around them, this is why.

edit on 15-10-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Yes, #25 for sure!
The other night at work this lady was giving one of the new people a hard time as we were headed out to break; she was the instigator of the whole deal, but wanted to blame the new person.
When we got outside, away from the new person, she started calling her names and belittling her in every way imaginable; she even used some racists words.
Well, I don't hang around that type of negative people, so I didn't say a word; I just looked at her like, "Really? You're going to call HER names after the way YOU treated her?!" And I walked off.

I think she got my mental message loud and clear. She didn't even speak to me last night, and that's FINE by me.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
okay yes you are all aliens with the abilities to read minds and thats why you have no friends... maybe you should all join the xmen.People lie for a lot of reasons kid-the reason people lie sometimes has nothing to do with you. They may not trust you or maybe they do it to spare your feelings or to protect a third party. Read all the posts previous first where people explain intuition and reading body language-you are not special-ALL ARE SPECIAL.You chose not to hang out with people-your "alien DNA" did not.Take some responsibility for your actions. This is more like reading facebook comments rather than a continuing discussion or debate.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Occam7blade

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine!

I know intuition very well, and body language too.
Why are you so hostile to ideas that don't fit into your view of the world?

If you don't believe any of this, why bother posting at all?
The only reason I can see is to try to stir up reactions and get you some stars or something.

okay yes you are all aliens with the abilities to read minds and thats why you have no friends

maybe you should all join the xmen.

What is it with people and xmen references when it comes to intuition?
You are the second person I have seen use this reference, they were just as sarcastic as you are being,
and rather condescending as well.

you are not special-ALL ARE SPECIAL

indeed ALL ARE special

I agree with you there.

This is more like reading facebook comments rather than a continuing discussion or debate.

Well, if bugs you that much, then please go find another thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

And to think all this time (been alive for 27 years) i just thought i was over sensitive around people, always knowing what they felt without them telling me or tryng to portrait other emotions,plus, i excel at lying (i prefer not to lie but when in need...) and knowing when im lied to... and so much other stuff that describes me as well..and yeah, as other used already stated, i encounter more and more people like this and it is so easy for me to connect with them than average people.
edit on 16-10-2014 by ladykhyra because: spelling errors and more info-

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I have all of these, have done since I was a child! Mean anything or?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
mr sled, would you be so kind as to explain how "spiritual evolution" is measured? what qualities are more beneficial than others and for what reasons? at what point is a quality considered an asset and not drawback and how does cultural context reflect this?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: UfoRevealer

I have all of these, have done since I was a child! Mean anything or?

I think it means you have already done your spiritual advancement before you reincarnated this time around.
You are probably here this time to help others on their spiritual journey/awakening.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
mr sled, would you be so kind as to explain how "spiritual evolution" is measured? what qualities are more beneficial than others and for what reasons? at what point is a quality considered an asset and not drawback and how does cultural context reflect this?

It's Ms., not Mr.

Even though I know this in my head, I am not good at articulating my thoughts into words to discuss this.
I do, however, have a friend that can answer your question in detail. I'll see if he will come and explain it.
His name is Ctophil.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I just wonder what our awakened human evolution will bring us maybe insight towards entering the 4th and 5th Dimensions? all i know is that love will lead us towards our great advancement something we must teach our leaders and controllers Live love Laugh.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Atlant

Welcome to ATS.

Thank you for choosing my thread to make your very first post.
I agree there is NO force stronger than love. If we choose to let it lead us, we will have an incredible future in any dimension out there.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Do you think that a characteristic might be a person who can invent things at will. I know a person like this. They just recently invented a machine that makes power. It has a ram pump on it made of PVC pipes, A water wheel with cups on the paddles,gears and chains and a 10,000 watt generator. Basically the water from one container is emptied and the ram pumps the water to another container on top. The water underneath is funnelled at a wheel with a bicycle gear on it. The cups fill, the paddle turns and the gears drive the generator to a fast speed. The falling water goes back into the bottom tank to be re-used again. Apparently it is portable and has 2 wheels at one bottom end. The only heavy item is the generator. He also has other stuff like water rockets that blast off high into the air with camera's on them so he can see the valley down below and to retreive it. Water irrigation, strange tubes with holes in them that produce hot water in seconds. Lights with different colored water containers, Water dart games, water tanks and everything water related. SO, is your mind more open to immagination run a-mok. I personally think he has to much time on his hands.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
mmmmm....

I dunno, realistically mostly I think these "feelings" are more likely the kind of psychological coping mechanisms and beliefs that a slightly sentient animal might experience when it senses an approaching disaster or incoming cull or kill... Pacifistic feelings, accepting ones fate, seeking to turn off any stress related senses because it's easier to be at peace, kind of like maybe the sort of perceptions one might experience if they were inadvertently being exposed to large amounts of Fluoride, Lithium and other chemicals and the kind of emotional states associated with high levels of estrogen's and other feminizing hormones acting or over acting on the brain, you know, and coping mechanisms like living within the imagination and stuff...

As the world over populates beyond capacity, we pass into an age of technology in which large number of people don't possess sufficient IQ to handle, climate changes are rapid and present, religious fervor seeks to self fulfill terrible prophecy and chemicals are being used to sterilize and pacify people it is easy to understand these sorts of delusional ideas, but really it's mainly just the kind of mentality herd animals develop before a cull or disaster the mind and body seek a state of inner calm and in intelligent creatures psychological rationalizations to avoid dealing with it.

Frankly, I'd say... a highly Testosterone driven, intensely focused mentality, learning and storing for winter at a feverish rate with a Carnivore like attitude towards other creatures is best right now...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You asked - and I would love to go into point by point detail but I am truly exhausted - but I exhibit many of these characteristics very frequently. My girlfriend pointed out this article to me a while back and I was fairly shocked to find so many similarities.

I'm sure I'll revisit this thread tomorrow and go into a point-by-point; personal awakening has long been a goal of mine - and this goes hand in hand with my friends seeing of a room-filling every-color aura emitting off of me in torrents. At the same time he was seeing his baby's near perfect silver aura. Everyone else had a flicker of individual colors on much less of a schedule.

Very interesting stuff. S&F.

[Schwarzenegger] I'll be back.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Greetings and Namaste, my friend. First, allow me to point out something. To measure something is to see if it has increased or decreased, moved forward or backwards, swing this way or that way. It is perfectly understandable that the human mind requires measurement to discover, learn, and to reach a certain goal or objective. But when you are TRULY and PURELY speaking in terms of Spirit, since you asked about Spiritual Evolution, there is no measurement, for do you not know that measurement requires a beginning and end? Spirit has no beginning nor end. It is infinite either way. It is at this Current Moment in time that is important. Live with the present time and just Be. Do not concern yourself about where we are in Spiritual Evolution as a culture or as a world. Each Planet, each Solar System, or each Galaxy have their own course of Evolution, chosen and be chosen by its people as a collective consciousness, by its Soul Groups, and by Spirit.

Now, let's get back to measurement. The Qualities of Spirit are Love, Peace, Truth, Harmony, Compassion, Wisdom, Beauty, Grace, Service, Kindness, Forgiveness, Liberty, Freedom, Selflessness, Oneness, Honor, and Power (Will of God, Spirit, or Source). If you see any or all of these qualities grow throughout your lifetime anywhere (family, local, national, or multi-national), then you know the planet is evolving. Anything that is negative or opposite to those qualities are products of the Ego, which is the vehicle for Physical Existence. When more people realize they have an Ego and learn to overcome it, you will see Qualities of the Spirit blossom like a flower. Because they are beautiful to all your five senses and beyond that.

It's difficult for people to see the Big Picture of the Planet. Most people only see what is bad or negative happening around them, but don't really see that for the past 100 years, we have grown at an incredibly fast rate, spiritually. Do you realize that in the West, as little as 40 years ago, we barely knew what Spirituality is? We thought that Hippies were just drug addicts. But in actuality, they were spiritual people. But in their time, you could barely find a book anywhere about how to meditate, eat healthy, or speak to God within us. These days, even major bookstores have entire sections dedicated to spiritual subjects. The Internet gives you instant access to knowledge of such matters everywhere.

The world has changed so much (spiritual evolution), yet people don't realize it. We are now more connected worldwide by technology--but from there, we will evolve into technology of Consciousness within us all. Thus, we will realize that we are connected by the Collective Consciousness not cell phones and social media, for technology is just a substitute for something much better. Scientists are beginning for the past few years noticing that EVERYTHING we ever need is inside of us. It may be ironic, but Scientists will be the catalyst for mass spiritual awakening, not religious leaders. Because they themselves will be awaken through their own research.

Of course, each culture's awakening process is different. But this is only temporary. For when a planet evolves higher and higher, we will get closer and closer to Oneness. Did I not say on ATS that We Are All One? This Oneness means that nations will merge and become more of a Union instead of fear and terrorism that causes separation. The Qualities of Spirit I mentioned before will come up more and more during this merging to become One World, One People, and Universal Oneness. It is not the One World Order described in conspiracy forums. That is old news created by the Brotherhood/Sisterhood of Darkness. Their mission is finishing its job. The Brotherhood/Sisterhood of Light are now emerging. Why now? Because deep within the constructs of your Heart, which is the Kingdom of Heaven, God is working on a New World awaiting its birth--part of the New Age.

But here is the most important thing. Listen carefully. Try to go back and re-read my first paragraph. My posts on ATS always have a purpose. This purpose is to teach something spiritual, bringing in love and peace into you Heart, thereby raising the Consciousness of the Earth all of its inhabitants, both above and below, both visible and invisible, both inside and outside us, and then all around us. The first paragraph I spoke about focusing on the Present Time. This means that at this moment, concentrate on your own Spiritual Evolution, for you can't control the evolution of others (against the Law of Free Will), but you can control yours. By raising your own Consciousness, you will raise the world at the same time. Because again We are All One. As you do this, those around you will feel (they might not know it at this time) a raising of Consciousness within them. And this continues onward as a ripple in the ocean. The more you evolve yourself, the bigger the ripple.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ctophil

The Qualities of Spirit are Love, Peace, Truth, Harmony, Compassion, Wisdom, Beauty, Grace, Service, Kindness, Forgiveness, Liberty, Freedom, Selflessness, Oneness, Honor, and Power (Will of God, Spirit, or Source). If you see any or all of these qualities grow throughout your lifetime anywhere (family, local, national, or multi-national), then you know the planet is evolving. Anything that is negative or opposite to those qualities are products of the Ego, which is the vehicle for Physical Existence. When more people realize they have an Ego and learn to overcome it, you will see Qualities of the Spirit blossom like a flower. Because they are beautiful to all your five senses and beyond that.

My thoughts in response to this is always the same- such one sided thinking is unbalanced.
This way of separating qualities into good- bad, positive-negative hits a false note in me.

This proclaims Yin as superior to Yang, and that is just as silly as saying the opposite.
I can often understand when it is a male proclaiming this, Mr. Ngyuen- it is often the case that they personally will be on a path of trying to develop their feminine qualities, which have been internalized, or made subconscious, when they manifested into a physical vehicle.

But to assume that their personal path is THE path for all is – forgive me but- shortsighted.

Many people, especially females, are on the opposite path- trying to balance themselves spiritually through development of their masculine qualities that were internalized when they manifested a female vehicle. Part of their spiritual path is learning that “selflessness” is NOT always beneficial or good, in all contexts in space and time. All of these qualities, also have a context in which they are damaging or “negative”.

(to refer to that example, when a woman is selfless and has small children, her selflessness can lead to letting herself be abused or even killed, neglecting protecting her offspring. But all of these have similar ways they can be detrimental ).

Qualities like discernment, critical thought, opposition, self respect, are just “spiritual” as their opposites!

I would like to point out that your assertion that “products of the ego, which is the vehicle of physical existence” includes the five senses. Those five senses only exist through the physical vehicle, and the ego is attracted to that which is pleasurable to the senses and repulsed by that which is uncomfortable to them.
So if one “overcomes” it, they certainly would not be driven by experiences which “are beautiful to the five senses”.

You have indicated that one can discern what is spiritual through the pleasing of the physical senses of the body, while ALSO asserting that this is a non-spiritual motivation.

It does a full circle- so the ego was right all along, in searching pleasure of the senses!

We thought that Hippies were just drug addicts. But in actuality, they were spiritual people. But in their time, you could barely find a book anywhere about how to meditate, eat healthy, or speak to God within us.

And I am sorry, but my parents were hippies, and there was no end to the spiritual literature in our home- they were all the rage and could be found everywhere.

On the same side they were neglecting their children, letting them be abused by others, because "responsibility" is contrary to the experience of "freedom".

It was a time when they were seeking to establish balance in a culture that had gone too far on the end of Yang, or paternalism...but if there is anything the following generation learned from them is that - going too far to either extreme ends up in the same place. It all goes around a whole

edit on 18-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

There is definitely truth to yin and yang style philosophy. Balance is important. In my opinion though all these philosophies are based on a world where suffering and starvation and war were absolutely everywhere and impossible to remove for any but a small minority. If we eliminate all the lower tiers of Maslow's pyramid would the dynamic change at all? If selflessness and selfishness become one and the same isn't balance intrinsic?

I'm not the most well versed in religion or philosophy since I've sought my own path for the most part but it seems to me that many of the worlds ills stem from the difficulties of being a mere animal trying to survive. If survival is a given would we change at all?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: Bluesma
If survival is a given would we change at all?

Good question.

If survival were a given, would spirit have opportunities for varied experience?
Would Spirit be able to experience change in linear space-time?
Would it be able to experience all sides of all things? (positive negative, relation between object and subject, self other, interior exterior....)

If not, why even bother manifesting into physicality?

Spirit has no need to "learn" anything....

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Oh dear, looks like I don't qualify...... boo hoo hoo

Do me a favour
Wake me up before you go go
don't leave hanging like a yo yo

Seriously, "waking up" isn't confined to Humans alone, pay attention to the World and everything in it, there's a massive
conscience and spiritual evolution happening, including the animals.

I'd go as far as to say.... it's a Universal thing, you really don't have much of a choice but..... go along with it.

Enjoy the Ride!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join