It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

musicians/bands generally accepted at great that you do NOT like

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

The band is called Metallica, not "let's write some wimpy songs and make a bunch of money". Seriously, Unforgiven? Nothing Else Matters? THAT"S what they gave us after ...AJFA? I don't want wimpy songs from my metal bands just like I don't expect heavy metal from a jazz combo. I don't care that they became more popular(isn't that the definition of selling out?) as they gave up what they were known for. Metal.

Not some candy ass tunes like that lousy Black Album, and anything since. Guh. Well, you can give them money if you like. I choose not to and never will again. They wimped out for the money and I have no respect for them after that(and the Napster thing but I already was sorely disappointed in them by that time that it made little difference).

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

The band is called Metallica, not "let's write some wimpy songs and make a bunch of money". Seriously, Unforgiven? Nothing Else Matters? THAT"S what they gave us after ...AJFA? I don't want wimpy songs from my metal bands just like I don't expect heavy metal from a jazz combo. I don't care that they became more popular(isn't that the definition of selling out?) as they gave up what they were known for. Metal.

^^^^i thought they were known for music

Not some candy ass tunes like that lousy Black Album, and anything since. Guh. Well, you can give them money if you like. I choose not to and never will again. They wimped out for the money and I have no respect for them after that(and the Napster thing but I already was sorely disappointed in them by that time that it made little difference).

dont matter. i dont care enough about this to keep having a discussion about it...
i also lost interest in metallica after the napster thing

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You'll love the new Slipknot then. It sucks. Not even close to what they were.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

You'll love the new Slipknot then. It sucks. Not even close to what they were.

you guys are hard core

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I dunno..Bands that have been around for 20 years or more have the right to do whatever they want.
89 billion years later and Glen Benton is still writing the same Deicide albums. Oh look, another Immortal album that sounds just like the first Immortal album..

Look at how a band like Anathema has progressed from one of the big 3 doom metal bands to what they are now..it's amazing.
Look at what Ihsahn has done though he still visits Emperor.
Look at how Opeth 25 years into their career have dropped metal but are writing amazing songs that you could hear elements of on Orchid.

I get it, not everyone likes progression and that is fine. Their are multiple bands out there that never change so hopefully someone can find whatever the like.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Queen is my favorite band. I think I get it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Man. How could I forget. This is sacrilege in Ontario but the Tragically Hip drive be bat#.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join