It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare website won’t reveal insurance costs for 2015 until after election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes, that's the Title,,, Why do you think that is?
Could it be the Massive Hike in Premiums that many have predicted?
Could it be the increase in deductibles or both?
It's sure that what ever it is, It's Not Good For You the American Public.
Why, because, if was, Obama would be taking Credit!
Now, to the article!

Those planning to purchase health insurance on the Obamacare exchange will soon find out how much rates have increased — after the Nov. 4 election.

Enrollment on the Healthcare.gov website begins Nov. 15, or 11 days after the midterm vote, and critics who worry about rising premium hikes in 2015 say that’s no coincidence. Last year’s inaugural enrollment period on the health-care exchange began Oct. 1.

“This is more than just a glitch,” said Tim Phillips, president of free-market Americans for Prosperity, in a Friday statement. “The administration’s decision to withhold the costs of this law until after Election Day is just more proof that Obamacare is a bad deal for Americans.”

No, we're not done yet, there's more, I'll post here for you that don't read the article, but support Obama and Believe he's here for the Good of Mankind!

Robert Laszewski, president of Health Policy and Strategy Associates, said in a Monday column in USA Today that “when it comes to a lack of openness and transparency about Obamacare, this administration has no peer.”
Even so, details about cost increases are trickling out in states with pivotal Senate contests: Alaska, Iowa and Louisiana. All three states are wrestling with double-digit premium hikes from some state insurance companies on the exchange, which has fueled another round of Republican attacks on the Affordable Care Act.

Link
Obama's next TV Announcement to the Public,,,

edit on 14-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Oh, and let's not forget, You have to purchase,,,, if you can not be on your parents health insurance, for you younger ATS'ers, you must purchase also.
Yes, it's the LAW,,, the IRS well be asking on this years tax form...... YES, the have Obama's Approval and the SCOTUS.

Here I'll show you a form, I think it's line # 61.

Yes, this means YOU!

edit on 14-10-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Interesting.
Because in MI, BCBS actually released their increases earlier than normal this year.
First kick, that our company plan, wasn't available again this year. Second year in a row we had to buy something new.
Second kick was the rates of a "comparable" plan.
Not double digits, but enough to upset the owners.

So, with the info in the OP, that should be enough to make people with "common sense", not vote for ANYONE that voted for this debacle.

Too bad there are too few with common sense voting.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Obama heals the sick !

One day you'll figure out ...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Soooo political! Obama and company are shameless!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ptice of Obama care going even higher! I can not afford it now. No health insurance for me when I need it the most.I can not afford to pay it on my salary. Options are do I want Obama Care OR electrical, heat, food, phone, car payment, Taxes and vehicle insurance?

Sure I know most of you think I should go find another job. I did, but being in a small southern country town there is NO jobs. They have all been shut down. Move to a City? I will do without insurance and rely on home remedies for any illness I get. Maybe I do need a burial insurance.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

When my husband went to the doctor the other week, we got to talking about the new ACA and the nurse said that she dropped her insurance due to the outrageous high premiums
It is cheaper for her to pay the 'fine' than to be insured, so that is what she does

And to be forced to have to pay for something irked her as well

Still have yet to see how in the hell Obamacare has helped the uninsured
Seems as tho all it has done it is hurt the people who already had insurance

But hey, remember......
"You can keep your doctor and your plan"

All just to get re-elected

It would not surprise me one bit if the cost goes higher than the public was told
All this administration does is dance around the truth, trying to deceive the people

edit on 14-10-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Soooo political! Obama and company are shameless!

You're right and chiefsmom said it best,

So, with the info in the OP, that should be enough to make people with "common sense", not vote for ANYONE that voted for this debacle.

Too bad there are too few with common sense voting.

They are Shameless, they don't care, Remember, They don't have to suffer with the ACA as you do.
You bring it up Obamas Administration and what do you get Called?

No, this'll hurt more and more people, more people Won't be seeing Doctors Just Because, they haven't Paid their Deductibles in full yet or their Co-Pay is $125. just for an office visit.
This is the Card Every American Need in their Hand When they Go to Vote and Remember To Vote these People OUT!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Not to even mention the cost of the policies and the deductibles are....

pricing many Americans out of seeking medical care

So much for the social "benefits" eh.

Now What ?

edit on Oct-14-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Right,,, I've also met people like that, My neighbor a school teacher for 8 years, she can't afford health insurance anymore.
She was a Big, Big, Big Obama Supporter and Teachers Union Supporter and had the sign in her yard and all that.

Now my husband last year helped her scrap off her Obama and teachers Union stickers.
She won't listen to us so we just stop trying to open her eyes.
She had BC/BS a PPO and her and her son have health problems.

But it's just to much money each month, she nearly lost her house, so she dropped her plan and can't afford any others plane, she was under the impression through her Union and the Local Obama people that low income wage earners like her and other teachers would get get a Huge Discount if Not Total Free Healthcare.
We both told her that was a LIE, but she kept saying, the UNION and Obama Wouldn't LIE!

Sorry my friend,,,,,,,, It's all about the Money!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

And the uninsured...............still go to the doctor/hospital
Plus now you have to add the ones that HAD insurance that have now dropped it thanks to the misleading/costly Obamacare to the list of 'uninsured'

So what was the point to this fiasco to begin with???
God people can be so gullible it's annoying

Sometimes I think people get so caught in this political bickering that they loose focus on what is really at play

edit on 14-10-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
They can't set the rates until the feedback from the insurance companies arrive. Insurance has to analyze how the campaign contributions panned out in the elections in order to adjust the costs.
edit on 10/14/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I didn't expect price to drop... Even though the great leader promised an average decrease of $2,500 per family.

I am not surprised that The public won't know the truth until after the election.

But don't they realize that this will all catch up to them eventually?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Weird considering my non-exchange provider already has my next year's premiums out so I can start shopping....

Why the delay?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

And the uninsured...............still go to the doctor/hospital
Plus add the ones that HAD insurance that have now dropped it thanks to the misleading/costly Obamacare

So what was the point to this fiasco to begin with???
God people can be so gullible it's annoying

Sometimes I think people get so caught in in this political bickering that they loose focus on what is really at play

You know you're Right!
People Complained Here at ATS,,,,
People are Without Healthcare and there dying, Being Turned Away! that was Bull Sh&t.
If those people went to a hospital ER, it was the Law and still is the Law You Must Be Treated, if the hospital is a For Profit Only, The person was transferred to a city or county hospital.

Nothings, Changed, illegals still have Babies, and they still don't pay!
How do I know, I get phone calls phone hospital collection departments and collection agencies looking for Juan or Garcia or Hernandez and I get letters looking for the same people from St. Johns and Good Sam's and Maryvale hospital.

I was told that the people in question will actually go by and write down your address and use it at the ER when they go for delivery.
How do I know, My husband got so mad at a certain collection agency we took un down there to see the Manager with our home insurance and mortgage documents and asked the guy if his wife (ME) ( who's Chinese or our 24 year old daughter ) look like a Gonzalez family member then he gave him our lawyers phone number and told him, one more phone call for any reason, We'll own you!

So Much has change people have lost their insurance and companies are no longer wanting to offer insurance as a benefit.
Hours have been cut, people who want to work full time can't, the company can afford the allow it, due to health insurance requirements.
So,,, what has happened, people are living at a Lower income level,,,,,and going without!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My wife received a email recently from the main office stating that if you noticed your paycheck had dropped a little this week, it is because anyone that has $50k or more in life insurance coverage will be taxed starting in the third quarter. That is for just having the coverage, not recieving the money. Wtf!
Funny how that little nugget snuck under the radar..

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Oh, you made me remember another thing the nurse said

She was seriously complaining about her 'people', who come here illegally and get more free sh@t than she can imagine getting
And we kinda got off on a political tangent of having to prove who we are just to re-new our driver's license
Thanks to changes after 9/11 and the RealID crap that Bush passed all in the name of 'terrorism'

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So where are all the Obamacare supporters? Come on, people, chime in. Remember back when Obamacare was being debated and you were telling us how great it would be? Remind us why it's so great.

Tell us again about how Obamacare is going to lower health care costs for everyone, and give health care to the poor.

Tell us again about how we can keep our existing plans and doctors. Tell us again about how Obamacare opponents were using lies and scare tactics to trick people into not supporting Obamacare.

And let's not forget the Europeans and Canadians that kept telling us how the US health care system was screwed up, and we needed to join the rest of the civilized western world. Explain to us again how much better our health care system is now.

Where are you Obamacare supporters? You were all over the place before.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Most of the people complaining voted for Obama......twice! Even though some of us tried to warn them. Now they are crying the blues along with the rest of us cause we are all in sh#thole now. Well, except for the low income which were already being helped with medical care by states.
edit on 14-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Obama..

Then and NOW

Obama Goes Toe-To-Toe With Stephanopoulos On "Tax Increases"

www.youtube.com...

Uploaded on Sep 20, 2009

On "This Week," George Stephanopoulos and President Obama have a colorful discussion over Obama's health care reform proposal.

Stephanopoulos takes issue with a mandate that obligates Americans to purchase health insurance, or risk being fined as much as $900. "How is that not a tax?"

"A responsibility to get health insurance is not a tax increase," Obama said.

Stephanopoulos then tells Obama that he looked up the definition of "tax" in Merriam Webster's dictionary.

"The fact that you looked up... the definition of tax increase indicates that you're stretching a little bit right now," Obama responded.

<<   2  3 >>

join