It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can this not violate Facebooks t&c's really? SHOCKING.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It would be offensive to a Muslim just like that statue with the kid sticking his crotch in Jesus' face was on another thread to Christians. That said, it's directed as ISIS, not Muslims, and so I believe it is still politically correct and I think it's still funny as hell and I would like to see an ISIS camp sprayed with that stuff. If it saves ONE American's life then it's worth spraying every single ISIS P.O.S. with it.
edit on PMTue, 14 Oct 2014 15:48:45 -0500America/Chicago1413319725K48144810 by AreUKiddingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I see no "suggesting" as you put it, just satire. I don't care if it's on a far right racists group's page. If you wanted to discuss that you should have put it in the OP instead of an out-of-context picture with no direct link to, or any information on, the facebook source. Did they make the picture? Or do they just support it? Is there any point discussing a far right racist group you have given us no information on?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gwampo

I logged in just to say how awesome that picture is: it's awesome

I second this as I only logged in to say how great this picture is as well. Thank you for sharing!

edit on 14-10-2014 by obliterate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
ahahah that is an awesome picture, I think it is just you. I will never understand wasting time putting a complaint through on the internet even if it is actually offensive.
edit on 14-10-2014 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

In a free society, not that we are, but lets pretend for a minute... you have the right to offend, and you have the right to be offended. Go watch the Bravo channel for a few and you'll feel better.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I thought I was in the minority, could you explain why it is awsome please, I think I may have missed a meeting.

a reply to: Shepard64

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Because F@#$%ck ISIS that why!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I reported it to Facebook as I found it offensive

Right, you thought it offensive and then brought it here.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I noticed that too. No offense OP, people will always be offensive to others no matter what. White racism is the same as black racism to me. The question is would you find it offensive if this image was posted on a black supremacist page?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Ok fair point. this is the rant forum and it looks like I am being outvoted so hey ho and all.

I thought maybe ATS was a little above this kind of thing but given the appoval for this kind of thing it turns out that I may not be right on this.

Just to clarify the situation,

The popular belief is that we should not only encurage but promote racial and religious aggression as long as it is deemed both funny and promotes our own religion.

That suggesting that we infect other nations with disease to wipe out entire populations is acceptable as long as it forwards the war on terrorism.

And that extremism is cool as long as it's our extremism.

Comments please.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don´t see it as a racist.
This is why... Its a picture where one group of terrorist has been targeted, yes they are following Islam at least it is what they say. In same time there are countries and people who says that ISIS do not PRESENT ISLAM so then this picture in question is not targeting any racial or ethnic group or even religious views, just a terrorist group which goes with a name ISIS.

Simple as that

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Anyone who has seen wildfires on the news know that the plane is dropping a chemical to retard the fire it is being dumped on.

I found the pic to be funny, Quick, someone has to post this to the Funny pic thread on here.

I guess the op must be offended by pigs blood??

ETA: does the op not have a sense of humor? It may be a little sick and twisted, But it is dealing with our two top news stories.

So, I will ask the op, Do you also get offended by the political cartoons in the daily newspaper....geez
edit on 14-10-2014 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I reported it to Facebook as I found it offensive

Right, you thought it offensive and then brought it here.

I brought it here in the hope that I could highlight a situation that I felt needed adressing. I did not realise it would gain favour.

I attempted to highlight a social issure and failed.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusSubprime

In a free society, not that we are, but lets pretend for a minute... you have the right to offend, and you have the right to be offended. Go watch the Bravo channel for a few and you'll feel better.

Ouch....touché" I got a good laugh out of that one. You forgot to tell him to eat a snickers bar!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I saw this pic earlier, but I just don't see it violating any terms and conditions, despite how.. 'dedicated' FB is about censorship.

That said, I also think its not too bright of an idea. So many ways for it to backfire and very, very badly.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

So the question is, would ISIS do this to the USA if it could? The simple answer is yes, I find that much more disgusting than a joke picture someone made on FB. Other than that it is funny as hell.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepolish1
Anyone who has seen wildfires on the news know that the plane is dropping a chemical to retard the fire it is being dumped on.

I found the pic to be funny, Quick, someone has to post this to the Funny pic thread on here.

I guess the op must be offended by pigs blood??

ETA: does the op not have a sense of humor? It may be a little sick and twisted, But it is dealing with our two top news stories.

So, I will ask the op, Do you also get offended by the political cartoons in the daily newspaper....geez

No, maybe the point was missed along the way.

The picture was posted by an exremist right wing political group.

I found it an offence that it was somehow acceptable that spraying an entire nation with ebola affected blood was somehow the right thing to do and that others would agree with it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Jeez, so you find a picture you think is offensive and rant about it here that facebook doesn't find it offensive. The overly sensitive politically correct crap we go through nowadays is starting to get comical. I've seen some pretty "offensive" material and this barely scratches the surface.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: speedyguy

Jeez, so you find a picture you think is offensive and rant about it here that facebook doesn't find it offensive. The overly sensitive politically correct crap we go through nowadays is starting to get comical. I've seen some pretty "offensive" material and this barely scratches the surface.

Whoa could you link somthing please, I was pretty shocked and hurt by this picture so would be interested as to what you found upsetting.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

This is kinda sad.. pic was not racist here until you made it racist by linking it to right wing political group in your reply, which we do not have any proof of that it is from their FB page either. Picture is from Photo Bucket untill prooven otherwise.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join