It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can this not violate Facebooks t&c's really? SHOCKING.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sorry for using all caps in a threadline but I am shocked to the point of needing to have to use the rant section of ATS.

I had decided to never use this section of the forum but have changed my mind.

Long story short I saw a picture on my facebook feed earlier(yes I understand that a lot of peeps don't like facebook, it is a good way for me to kep in contact with far flung freinds)

I reported it to facebook as I found it offensive but was told after investigation that it did not violate thewre policies?

I understand that they have regulations and that the image in question was "not too bad" but really?

pic below and maybe it is just me but how is this accetable?

PIC

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I logged in just to say how awesome that picture is: it's awesome
edit on 14-10-2014 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The sad part to me is not that FB didn't delete the pic. It's that somebody will believe the captions, without question, and then it's all aboard the misinformation train and the Interwebz goes nuts once again.

Amazing what one propaganda driven idiot can do with a picture of a firefighting air drop and a picture editing program. :/

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I understand your rant, but honestly, I have seen more graphic images than that one.

You must be new here at ATS, and the World.

A belated welcome from me.

link   
Would be fun to see if it broke the t&c´s if instead of ISIS it said something like "U.S congress" "White house" "Malia & Sasha"

link   

originally posted by: Gwampo

I logged in just to say how awesome that picture is: it's awesome lolol

Given that this is in the rant section I am going to choose to beleive your being sarcastic

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don´t see any problem on that pic. Someone had imagination going wild and the fact that it should be obvious to everyone that the picture is not from a real event with ISIS.

Just in case someone here thinks it is real thing, here is the original one.. its about the wildfires
Link

edit on 14-10-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Most awesome pic of the week, sending it to everyone.
Thnx

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wildfires around the world should be very offended.
There.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If part of the t&c for facebook stated that everything posted had to be 100% factual, the site would turn into a ghost town overnight.

That is a drop in the bucket compared to some of the NLBS ive seen.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You have a problem with free speech?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

True, it's free speech. Facebook is loaded with things many would find offensive. Things against Christians, pro-lifers, atheists, Muslims, etc.

I go there once a week just to see what my gf's been posting and to update my art page with new work (it's useful to broaden your horizons, both those who appreciate and understand your work and fellow artists) and it's mostly nonsense. Pics of lunch, a meme, a celebrity story.

This is why I go on ATS. If it's a celebrity story at least people have the common sense to see through it and not fawn over it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Its amazing how many pine trees there are in Middle East.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
American satire at its best. I can see how it might be offensive ti Muslims, though.
Humor is seldom politically correct; that's what makes it so funny.

Life is more enjoyable if we choose to laugh at ourselves, instead of getting upset. I'm mostly Irish, & I LOVE Irish jokes. When I heard god made Irish whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world, I realized there might be a dash of truth in that....after I wiped the tears of laughter away.

People should learn to quit taking life so seriously, as we're not going to get out of it alive.

link   
a reply to: dollukka

This. I think it was meant to be a joke and not an actual picture of bio-warfare.

No matter what you post, if it's a joke people will take it seriously. If it's serious, people will think it's a joke. That's the internet and facebook summed up.

nugget1: Yeah I've seen plenty of ethnic jokes on there and many were from people of that specific ethnicity. I'm not Irish but I've seen Irish friends post alcohol and Irish memes around St. Patrick's Day. Eh, no matter what someone gets offended lol.
edit on 14-10-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

link   

hahah that is actually pretty dang funny....

I think the offensive part comes from the pig blood..as it is pork "product" and i can absolutely see that being offensive to muslims...but i'm also the type that finds comedy should have no limits even if it is hurtful. We have to be able to make fun of ourselves.
edit on 14-10-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It shouldn´t be offencive to moderate Muslims. If they find it offencive they are not moderate.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Imho , this is a great idea.

link   
I have no problem with free speech but suggesting that we drop ebola virus on a population goes a little beyond that.

The picture in question was on a far right racist groups page. I would be interested in your thought on this

a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

link   

Terrorists !!! It clearly say ISIS

if someone finds that offencive should grow a skin.
edit on 14-10-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join