It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The benefits of an outward focus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I am a natural Apollonian introvert, stuck in my head 99% of the time, so when switches flip and I am released to explore the world born anew, I take advantage of the situation. Today was an amazing day with almost zero anxiety. My focus was outward on other people and on the real-time experience of the moment, maintaining a silent internal dialogue, and I had fun. I tried to observe other people non-judgmentally, embracing them as siblings in this awkward journey, and just share whatever joy I could with them in as polite a manner as I possibly could.

Things didn't go 100% smoothly, and I wasn't 100% comfortable or self-less by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a very nice day. The sun is shining, I'm cooking a brisket and some spicy Italian sausage with sauerkraut. (Angel's mom is cooking some type of pasta for tonight). I also got some cake and ice cream for later... ;p At 10:28 this morning, I experienced my 31st full revolution around the sun, and while today wasn't as sparkly as most of my days are, it was full of sunlight and beauty and I'm glad I got to experience it just the way it has been unfolding.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sounds nice.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I once heard a song, decades ago, that had a chorus that went something like "don't ya keep thinking and thinking and thinking an thinking so much that your falling behind, something and something and something and loosing your mind.
These lyrics stuck with me, or, rather, maybe they didn't as you can see above. But the gist however did.

I like the idea of trying to be non-judgmental, have for my whole life. I hoped that I would be totally non-judgmental by now at age 67 but I find that it is difficult now as when I was young. I recall as a child having been chosen to take part in our churches service one Sunday and my bit was to read a couple of things from the Bible, one of which was the judge not bit. I figured that if I was to stand in front of the congregation and recite these holy words I had better be in tune with them myself, first. Well, now 55 years later, maybe some day I will feel "right" about suggesting to anyone else how to be.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I'm not speaking from self-righteousness, just sharing my experiences. I think Ataraxia is a helpful state of being sometimes and when you need to utilize it, knowing it is there and how to get there can be useful to you. I'd prefer people not exploit or injure one another, but otherwise I am a total libertarian.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Did You notice that being non-judgmental allowed You more 'time' to just be? Just the time wasted playing "trier of fact"..
Learn, Teach and Have Fun... "To Learn" is the same as "To Teach" unless You are NOT teaching what it is that You are learning, in which case You are doing You/They little or no good...

"Use the Force, Luke..." Yoda

namaste

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I reside in that frame of mind on a continuous basis.

It is a frame of mind and a positive one.

The more you sit in it the more the lotus opens.

Human being or human doing, is it a cycle? Can a cycle be broken?

The next question is how far do you see? And how well do you assemble puzzles?

This frame of mind has brought great happiness to me and those I choose to call mine.

It is also the path to harmful disassociation when one fails to realize that everyone sees this on some level.

The desire to go back and sleep once awake has caused folks much anxiety and useless fumbling from my observation.

You are clearly not only intelligent but have some far sight, I am very excited to watch the pattern and the ripples.

The dream is slow, don't try to hurry it.

Just some babbling or advice take it as you will....ripples in the pool.

Cheers and the best to you and yours.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I hate to admit this, and I haven't fully wrapped my head around it yet, but the rate of time has been weird lately, I'll just say that. Everything seems to be moving slower, but it isn't a slowness that causes impatience. It is almost wonderful. I'll just watch the leaves floating down off the trees and I'm thrilled by it. It has transformed Autumn into some type of ballet. ;p

The other thing, yesterday I had a moment when I felt incredibly less clever, I felt almost as if my intelligence had just been sucked right out of my head. I was worried for a moment, but then I thought, well, if I need it, I guess it will come back to me, and I just went with things. I hope this lackadaisical attitude isn't counterproductive.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

I still haven't made sense of you, but then again I'm still wondering if two or so dozen people on this website aren't coordinating their efforts as some type of test or another. You tell me things I want to hear and you seem knowledgeable, that could be a good thing or it could be another pitfall. Maybe my hesitation is another pitfall. If I had to go by intuition alone, I'd say you seem golden to me, the Aurelian standard itself, but I'm not the Dionysian sort, so I don't count myself as an authority on that craft. ;p

Logically, you spoke and acted like an authority figure, and you told me things I wanted to hear, so my mind is going to gravitate towards you as a method of reinforcing my own emerging worldview. This could be another trap, tricking me once again to seek my answers externally. Ultimately, I'll just leave it rest in the air right now until fate collapses the probability bubble and reveals your true nature. I do know I like you and as far as it goes, behind the mask is another sibling, so there's no point in treating you any differently either way.

I hope that is illuminating for you. It is where I currently stand. ;p

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Or....

Maybe I'm really a person on an iPad whom cares for folks and is willing to give my 2 cents and simply that.

People all see the world differently and have differing views.

I'm not young. I've had some experiences.

I answer questions honestly. I am very direct.

I'm not glued to my iPad however.

I may say things that are unfiltered....they are based on common experience, walking in a pair of shoes....and blunt honesty.

It's "generally" meant in a helpful way.

Growing older definitely, helps the view point....have had kids with some of the same questions.....

Cheers

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Thank you for the pleasant read. Happy Birthday, and May Peace be with you

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The last first and versa-visa... and remember this is stemming from just One 'common passerby'... It is when You admit to YourSelf that You don't know everything is when You're more receptive to the learning. A sponge doesn't question (judge) what the liquid is, it just 'sucks it up' and You 'may' have even dipped into an 'other than "conscious mind", not the 'conscious' or the 'sub-conscious' but the 'other than', and 'there and beyond there' there is no limit to the knowledge You soak up. It 'may' resemble "empty mindedness" which takes some years and years of meditation to achieve..

Re: the 'time'. Have You ever participated in athletics and been "in the zone"? When 'everything seemed to slow down' would be a common phrase used in 1,000s of post game interviews of all different sports.. Some of that is living in the NOW, where everything happens. "Many" either worry about the 'past' or the 'future', two things that they have ZERO control over. When anything happens, when does it occur? In the present, in the NOW.. Another part of it is manipulating the 'energy' around You and the mixing it in with the "Akasha"...

"Time" is what You, The Creator, make of it... But once You fully grasp the concept, You'll be able to "fit in what You must" and who better to KNOW that than You?

namaste

P.S. Also because You KNOW the exact time of Your "naming" ("naming" is being used as opposed to 'birth' is it because I'm a fan of Game of Thrones™ or because You've been here since the beginning ? hmmm.. You decide...or not.) Find a FREE "Ayurvedic Astrology" and punch in Your "horsepower". Don't be surprised if You are the sign before/after. i.e. in the newspaper I'm a 'Gemini' 31 May but in actuality I'm a 'Taurus' The Ayurvedic Astrology goes back 1,000s of years before the numerous shifts on the axis of Mother Earth. Once I found this out, now My horoscope actually makes sense. It'll also show You what constellations were present at that time. These are FREE

While digging around the 'Ayurveda' arena make sure You take a 'dosha/guna quiz', these too are FREE.

P.S.S. I KNOW I threw a bunch at You but You're soaking up everything and Your AJNA will let You KNOW what is important to You. KNOW trumps 'think' "felt" 'believed' etc. et al.. Remember You don't "hate" anything because that would have to take a judgment on Your end. The 'judging' robs You of the "time" to just 'be'. If You were busy judging, You may have missed the leaf falling.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

I hope so. If I awake to find that the world is really just what it seems, that certainly makes the road ahead much easier. ;p

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I've had accidents when I saw the world one frame at a time. This is when I first began to realize that my awareness must certainly be a phenomenon which is beyond my own brain. If you are aware of the pauses between the moments, then your awareness is operating at a faster rate than your brain's hard-limit, which means your awareness must be operating from some other mechanism. It isn't like that at all. This is just more like the hertz of my brain has been upgraded or something so the world seems to be moving slower, like I went from 60hz to 90hz or something like that if that makes any sense.

Oh, thanks for the suggestions by the way, I will look into those. ;p
edit on 10 14 2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Thank you. Peace be with you too (Lutheran?).

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: Sahabi

Thank you. Peace be with you too (Lutheran?).

Hello again. No religion for me. I am naught but a humble brother of all.

top topics

join