It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at this on the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Does this look strange?

lo5-70-h2c
www.flickr.com...@N07/15533759171/lightbox/
How to find it

Does that look weird?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jamie6737

Nothing extraordinary that I can see. A large rock with long shadow due to the angle of the sun.

Unless I'm missing something, that is. My eyesight isn't what it used to be.

(And it wasn't good to begin with.)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Nah bro just a rock.

Lol sorry, I'm on a good one today.

I like the shadow; not particularly sure I can call it anything 'out of the ordinary' without another angle on it, but it does seem particularly tall to be that narrow of a rock standing straight up like that... Stonehenge-esque.

No idea how to calculate the height based on the shadow - not my expertise - but I might propose that it could either be 10 feet tall or 2 feet tall depending on the angle of the sun, I suppose... And the shadow is very uniform...

Good catch, S&F - I'm curious to read other comments that don't contain 'It's just a rock'. I believe that is clear.
edit on 14-10-2014 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

a reply to: DigitalJedi805

without knowing the angle of the ground the shadow falls over - it is impossible to make any credible comment on the height of the object

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
As you say the shadow is funnyish, one thing I can think of is a raised crater wall, but that doesn't make much sense either.
Alternatively, the white circular shape is the bowl of a crater, and that there is something upright, and not clearly visible beside it causing that shadow.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It looks like its above the ground, the shadow doesn't seem right.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

There seems to be a perfect circular edge to it which would rule out a rock...hmm
Nice find!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

OP has asked if it looks strange and it damn well does.

The rock seems to be reflecting a lot of light and the shadow
makes no sense at all.

edit on Rpm101414v412014u30 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's some kind of satellite dish communications array / telescope / unknown...but the more straight laced members will tell you it's an eroded crater.

These are craters where supposedly an impact creates a high rim, which over long periods is eroded down, until the crater appears to be left suspended in mid air with just a thin support of columnar rock beneath the main crater holding it up.

Which makes a very convenient way to explain away anomalous relics left on the moon by high tech but ancient Humans, by 'them', by who knows who and when IMO.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
More information is needed. Where on the Moon this is located? What spacecraft, year, and resolution was this taken at? What does "lo5-70-h2c" mean?

The Moon has been imaged by the LRO at very high resolution, many times over, so we don't have to rely on old blurry images for clues.

[Edit] Google search using that image brought up the source: ser.sese.asu.edu... It's from Lunar Orbiter V which operated in 1967. The image was at 1.7 m/p resolution.

I'm gonna try to find LRO imagery of that location.
edit on 14-10-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The real question is the scale of the object. How large is it and is this image zoomed-in fairly close? This could be just inches or few feet in size.

ETA: Could you provide a source image for this? The link is no good.

edit on 10/14/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/14/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I found the high-res imagery of that site from LRO:
wms.lroc.asu.edu...
wms.lroc.asu.edu...

Zoom into the large crater, then find a smaller crater (clearly visible on the crater floor), the big rock is next to it and some smaller rocks.

(image rotated to match the OP image)

Does it look strange to me? Nope.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

It is definitely strange looking...

It almost appears that light is reflecting off of the edge of the object.

The image is from flickr? How are we so sure this is really an image of the moon? With that and being unable to determine the size of the object it's difficult to say what it is.

While it would be so awesome if the object was say...a satellite dish on the moon, it probably just a strange looking blurry rock.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I think why it looks strange is because we are looking straight down and the top which is the shape of the shadow is not clear to us at this angle.

The ones posted by wildespace make it clearer and are also taken from almost directly above it and the shadow is the same pointed shape rather than normal rounded rock shape.

I dont think there is anything strange about the image/shadow - except that the rock is a strange shape which is clearly seen in the shadow on the ground. Perhaps rather like a menhir that Obelix carries around in Asterix & Obelix the Gauls.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
They look like towers to me. They are some huge ass rocks to be projecting that much of a shadow, even the little "rock" at bottom left is very tall.

Remember we are looking straight down so all we see is a shape like 2D. In this case the big one is a curved rectangle.
Recognize

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: easyonetwo
They are some huge ass rocks to be projecting that much of a shadow, even the little "rock" at bottom left is very tall.

The photos were taken at low sun angle (about 30 degrees above the horizon), which would make for long shadows. Ever noticed how long is your own shadow when the Sun is near the horizon?

top topics

join