It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

........Women........

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Did your wife let you post that?

(the wife read your list, sorry)

Don't have a wife.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

My husband is some kind of freak then because he and his friends are like a bunch of girls when they get together. lol They talk about love, marriage, work, stress, health, money, etc.

I'm actually grateful for that! I'm too emotional to be with a 'beer, guns, and trucks' kind of man. lol

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Actually, if you reversed the Man-Woman thingy here, that would be my husband --the 'I don't care/know what to eat'

He's the picky one....
So, I just go with the flow and whatever makes him happy, is good with me

Ah, I see you approach it like I do, we keep them happy, they keep us happy.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Men: Ok I will order a pizza. Women: No I don't want pizza you always get pizza.

Boy o Boy. When all three were at home, that was so true.
I was so thankful dominos also had chicken bites.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I think men have to mold their women like women mold their men. I have a live and let live relationship with my wife. It took years of work, but we know the deal.

She understands that peace is a two way street. I feel modern men cop out of actually putting in the work. You CAN ignore it all and do the minimal effort to get your point across in AN EFFECTIVE way, but it will blow up in your face sooner or later. Fight it out. Talk it out. bitch it out. just keep going. Eventually all things run out of steam.

And sometimes, sex fixes things. Really. Other times you just have to pay your dues. I live a happy life from now and forever with my wife. It took years, but I dont hide what I feel and she doesnt either. Its the funniest thing I have ever seen. It could be hell and resentful awkwardness. Now its all laughable.

You need to shut the game off, turn to her and just be honest as hell and dont let her natural reactions dissuade you. Dont let your natural reactions dominate your words.

People who last many decades married learn to FIGHT AND LOVE each other. Ever seen an old couple call each other SOBs and witches, ect? Then they hold hands and watch the sunset like they never wanted to strangle each other?

You need to be honest. People can get used to that easier than a changing contract of falsities and BS conditions.

For example: I dont put the damned seat down. Deal with it. She invents things for me to do every time she sees me sitting happily, I will just deal with that. I will and she will bitch forever about it, but thats all. Its not personal.

So shut off the game, bitch and show her you care, but remember you care when you are bitching.

BTW:
I grew up with 2 sisters, 3 grandmothers, and my mom, all female cousins, whipped uncles I saw once a year, and dominating /powerful aunts I saw all the time. There was no real man´s man except my dad who I saw for an hour every now and then when he got home from working 15+ hours or on vacations until I was 14. I didnt even have many male friends growing up. No brothers, no grandfathers.

I didnt even know how to "boy". Oh, and my sisters were /are raging feminists.

I was surrounded behind enemy lines. LOL Trust me, this works.

edit on 10 15 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshleyD

originally posted by: HardCorps
All he and I ever talk about is football, beer and hot car's... he only mentions the divorce while the refs were moving the first down marker... then we were back to talking about important stuff like football beer and hot cars....

Honest question: Is that really the way men are with their friends?

Honestly, I am totally shocked and actually saddened if that is true. Having such a superficial relationship with my friends would feel so fake and trivial. Like you would have no one to emotionally bond with.

Would this man just be trying to act tough? As in, he is secretly dying on the inside over the divorce but doesn't want to come across as weak and emotional in front of his 'bud.'

Yes, I know men's emotions are not as extreme as ours but I never believed the myth that men were totally emotionally vacant either. Having friends that just talk about sports, cars, and beer would bore me to death and is why I don't hang out with women who just want to talk about shoes, kids, and soap operas.

ETA: I am so fascinated by this I am tempted to make a new thread.

I wouldn't say emotionally vacant ... You see his words to me were,
"Jess and I are getting a divorce..."

He did not ask me how I felt about his pending divorce... nor did he seek my input on the subject. His was a simple statement, that did not ask for or require any comment from me. And you can't tell me you've never experienced one of those moments when you just knew the best thing to do is keep your mouth shut and just be there for your friend.

Besides I knew my wife would call Jess and get all the juicy details ya know...

Only I got blamed for being insensitive...

edit on 15-10-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Thanks for your reply!

I guess that is how women and men differ. If I had a girlfriend tell me they are getting a divorce, I would have perceived that as an immediate sign she needed to talk about it. If someone brings up something that heavy, it sounds like they need a friendly ear?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My husband is the lone guy in the house, too. But see, we don't have these issues, HC. We're a hockey house. It boils down to "Go Wings!" "No, go 'Hawks." "No, eff you, go Wings." "You're not getting any tonight. And go 'Hawks." Anything else at any other time is just background chatter

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AshleyD

Call it a vibe thingy...
Just got the feeling I should drop it and change the subject.

Oh and BTW yesterday was my ...Women... day....

Today I'm back to ranting about how some stupid people, really should be slapped...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

yeah well I try to pretend the Colorado Avalanche are a better team than they are...

Maple Leafs took a 3 - 2 yesterday... so I was already disappointed whether or not I got any afterword's or not...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join