It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where will the 5 billion dollars end up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Various countries have pledged over 5 billion dollars to rebuild gaza. You gotta wonder where all that money will end up. Yasser arafat was worth over a billion when he died. So will a crooked politician pad their own pockets? Will hamas snatch a few million to purchase more rockets? For some reason I have a hard time believing that the people that were hurt the most will be helped. Am I off base on this?

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 14-10-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: link

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Isn't it true that every shipment of food and construction materials is provided by Israel?

Theres your answer.

US food aid to foreign countries are always strings attached. The IMF grants the loans and the peasants pick up the tab.

I doubt Israel provides their aid shipments for freeā€¦ unlike bombs.

Link

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They do look into the shipments according to your link. But it doesn't say they pilfered the shipments. I want to know what happens after the money is in gaza. Who is controlling the funds? Who is held accountable?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

This one really punches my keys. It's like the war on poverty: How many pennies have ever trickled down to the poor? Instead, the moneys get vehicled to associations who hire more people who might develop a program of some sort. It does not help the individual. Remember the kazillions donated for Haiti? According to workers there, the only individuals and villages that were helped were by the kindness of philanthropists who built them shelters and helped some plant gardens for food. I'd better stop now. Throwing money at a problem in the way it's always done only guarantees that someone will put out a big net to catch it all.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nothing compared to the hundreds of billions of shekels donated by USA to its "greatest ally" Israel.
I tell ya hwat. Why not stop funding both?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

But it doesn't say they pilfered the shipments. I want to know what happens after the money is in gaza. Who is controlling the funds? Who is held accountable?

I understand. Besides that "pledging funds" is not the same as delivering them, the Israelis would never allow money to pour into Gaza for any reason. They are too worried about the possibility it will be used to hurt them.

They control the power, water, sanitation, food, material and people flow in and out of Gaza, period. Look at the walls that surround the place, the often pounding they deliver to the "Strip".

The money will go to Israel for delivering all those goods and services. It is strictly controlled and cutoff immediately if they feel threatened. Thats what all the tunnel industry in the south is about. The reports are only weapons but the vastness of the tunnel complexes is a sure sign the Gazans are being held under siege most of the time.

By the way, the food is often spoiled, rancid and filled with worms. The link I provided doesn't cover that part, just the "Humanitarian Corridor" propaganda. But it must be obvious the concern for "Palestinians" is lacking by now.

BBC
edit on 14-10-2014 by intrptr because: link

new topics

top topics

join