It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

beast of bodmin moor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
has any of you ever heard of the beast of bodmin moor (cornwall, england) if so does any one believ in it and what kind of beast do you think it is!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i always heard that it was a black panther that escaped from some rich guys house

now obviously Rich Guy wont report this to the police, because its probably illegal to have one as a pet, so therefore nobody knew what it was

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I remember seeing footage of the supposed beast once, from great distance it did in fact look like a Black Panther...not some monster. In fact, the camera was so far away it just looked like a normal black cat, but obviously that was the distance.

As stated, it's probably escaped from a zoo or was bought illegally and accidentally/intentionally set free.

It seems you can't move on any of the moors for all the damn beasts that are supposed to be there.

Mind you, I'd still never tempt fate after watching American Werewolf in London in my childhood...that scene on the moors would go through my head the entire time. *shudder*

[edit on 8-12-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
As the Original Cornish Pixy, I have to say that I have never personally seen this creature. I have, however, seen film footage of a large black cat-like creature which could well have been an escaped Panther (as opposed to Pantha, who is still locked away in the ATS 'Mods Station' where she waits patiently to be released upon unsuspecting trolls
)

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Bah! that beast's got nothin' on me!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
er... nice kitty!

heh heh...

nice pic, i dont think i will ever be able to take a cat seriously again

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
here's some info on the little kitty, errr I mean the beast

In the early 1990s, reports began to circulate of alien big cats in and around Cornwall, in southwestern England. Bodmin Moor became a nerve center of these sightings and reports of inexplicably slain livestock, and the alleged leopard-like felines of the region came to be popularly known as the Beast of Bodmin Moor. All the talk of dangerous wild cats led Great Britain's Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food to conduct an official investigation in 1995. The study's findings, released on July 19, concluded that there was "no verifiable evidence" of exotic felines loose in Britain, and that the mauled farm animals could have been attacked by common indigenous species. The report did concede, though, that "the investigation could not prove that a 'big cat' is not present."

www.parascope.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
For the most part it's acknowledged as being another ABC, part of the spate across a lot of the south west of England since the zoo licensing laws of the eighties resulted in a great deal of exotic animals being released illegally into the wild. The footage ties in with this, as do some of the various prints found and cast in the area of or around sightings.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I heard of something similar. Back in the seventies when people had exotic pets, a law was passed that you could not have theses animals as pets. So people released them into the wild rather than having them euthanised. People who have pets love them as family members.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My ex�s mom did see a big animal looking like a black panther e couple of years ago runing across a rod infront of her while driving, this was just outside Leeds

new topics

top topics

join