It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEO threatens to kill you at a traffic stop. Can you legally open fire in self defense?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
When will "stand your ground" laws be applied to this situation? You know it's inevitable.

Known armed and dangerous bacon caught on tape threatening the life of someone pulled over for speeding or possibly a LEO flying into a roid rage when a citizen exercises their rights. This is without a doubt a life threatening situation. Time to go all-in?

The next you tube video may have a very different ending.

If it's a white person, they may have a CCP and have a strong case for self-defense with a white jury. Make sure to post up that vid immediately. Once LEO's get blood lust they are no better than common vigilantes.

I invested in a kick-ass dash cam. You should too. Make sure you tell the occupiers they are being recorded. Instantly turn Fascists into public servants. Criminals don't like being filmed, so maybe everyone ultimately decides a violent escalation is a bad idea?

"Good Cop" reading this? You've been betrayed and you are grossly outnumbered. Quit now, before it gets very ugly.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
Not much I can say to add.
Good idea of having a good dashcam.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
S + F for having a dashcam. The police in this country are the largest, most corrupt, most violent gang we've ever known. When did public service become extortion?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Well, your plan would be tit-for-tat, not exactly kosher these days come to think about it.
I would suggest that you just record the officer with video if possible and take him to court and sue his organization for a zillion bucks because of emotional trauma or something similar.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Theres a reason all those insane Russian drivers have dash cams......
I have been waiting for the law situation to get to this point over here......
A dash cam may be the only way of countering police harassment....just make sure the arseholes cannot tamper with it.......
Thatll be the next scenario.....(they could conceivably screw it up with a heavy gauss magnet or other interference device
so be aware.....)
As far as corking one for death threats....they would gladly do the same for you so draw quick my friend ....

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So, after a half-day long car chase, you expect not to be chewed by hords of officers and K9 teams?

And would consider starting shooting is the best reply to anything - rather than de-escalate and to comply?

Instead of shooting, try this: de-escalte, comply, get badge number, document (dash cam is a MUST) and file a complaint. Keeps you alive.

edit on 14-10-2014 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

This happen to you a lot?

Sure are a lot of people inciting violence against police these days - - and why would you want the "good" cops to quit, leaving only the "bad" ones? Do you really think society would work well if you killed all the police?

Just doing some rough math, here - with roughly 16,000 homicides a year, with police shootings being around 400, you probably stand a 40x greater chance of being killed by a non-LEO than a LEO.

Far less a chance if you, you know, don't do anything felonious.

If you have a gun, you're more likely to kill yourself via an accidental discharge of your own firearm than you are to be killed by a LEO.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Yes and let them know they're being recorded. They're public servants although they may believe they're above the law, macho men with guns, bullies, murderers, extortionists, rapists they are to be held accountable as an average citizen is. This country is madness and citizens should know their rights and not take it lying down.

Be courteous, be respectful, know your rights as well as the circumstances. They're humans too but sometimes they have to be reminded that the law applies to them too. I also see no reason why a citizen cannot pull over a speeding officer if said officer is not responding to a crime, but that's not for this discussion.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It would benefit everyone to learn the legal distinctions between "police officer" and "peace officer"

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Why not put your question to the test?

Go out for a drive get the attention of the police then when he asks for your I.D start telling him off so he can get angry then pull your gun out and post the result/video on the Internet.

I find your fantasy of cop killing sick please get help.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
While I would not be too upset if this did occur, my spidey-senses tell me two things: first, that this will never be legally acceptable precisely because it is a cop, and second, buy gold. Obviously my special powers are not very useful. The reason I say this is because the law protects cops from the citizens, legally, more than it protects citizens from the cops. A cop's word is worth much more than the average citizen's, and this is evidenced by what cops get away with. If one has right on their side, this means nothing without unquestionable proof. Unless you are rich, which according to some statistics I made up increases your odds of beating any charges by about 80%.

Now if you shot the cop and he died, and there was no video evidence of what transpired, you will be in a very bad state. I imagine that such a scenario will result in jail time for the majority of people who find themselves unfortunate enough to take part in such an occurrence. It just seems that self-defense laws do not apply where cops are concerned. If you shoot a cop, knowing he's a cop, you are likely to spend the rest of your life in jail, or be executed. Even if the cop threatened you. How can we change such things? I think that mandatory cameras to record all incidents are required, and that these cameras must stay on at all times. Justice needs to be able to determine whether a camera was turned off by the officer, in what case he should be fired at the very least, and perhaps he can be charged for tampering with evidence, which should already be happening. That won't fix police corruption and brutality, but it will be necessary for holding them accountable. We also need individuals who have no affiliation with the police department itself, like internal affairs, to constantly be present to monitor the police. Instead of policing Iraq we should take some of that money and install a checks and balances system, a system of oversight, within the ranks of the police. Something of that nature anyway.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
If you have a dash cam or audio recording, let them rant. Let them threaten all they like.
Then go straight to the State's Attorney. Do Not go to the local PD and file a complaint. Your recording is going to be mysteriously lost and will never be found. Make copies for all your friends, put it on Youtube and have one in a safe deposit box.
Get a good lawyer and wait for the $$$$$ to roll in.

edit on 15-10-2014 by DAVID64 because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You are correct, never go to their superiors, go to the state. Make copies, youtube it, etc.

They have to be held accountable for their actions. They believe they are above the law but they should only know how they're being used.

new topics

top topics

join