It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has NOBODY In Power Ever Watched A Freaking Zombie Movie???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Good God I cannot believe the chain of events unfolding before us all in this Ebola situation! I am not exaggerating or lying at all when I say that my 16 year old daughter who has pink hair and a taste for death metal could have handled this a thousand times more effectively than the CDC and the Government so far.

And why is that?

BECAUSE SHE'S SEEN THE WALKING DEAD AND ZOMBIE MOVIES!!!

I mean, seriously, there are some universally known things that we learn from movies. For example - if you go camping and your friends start disappearing one by one - YOU DO NOT TAKE A SHOWER!

We all know this! Everybody who was born from 1940 onward KNOWS THIS!

The same goes for infections that have the potential to spread and kill millions or billions of people. WE ALL KNOW not to put patient zero in a regular hospital!

If they can have a completly sterile tent set up in Elliots front yard in 30 seconds flat to catch ET they sure as Hell can pitch one when a guy from a nation ravaged by Ebola shows up at an ER and says "Hey, I kinda might have Ebola n stuff". No tents handy at the moment? NO SWEAT! LOCK DUDE IN A STERILE ROOM AND CALL SOMEBODY WHO DOES HAVE A STERILE TENT!

Did these idiots not watch "Outbreak"??? Did they not see "Night of the Living Dead??? Not 28 Days Later??? Contagion???

Hell man. Hollywood has been prepping us for years to deal with this kind of BS and we're supposed to accept that the people in actual power somehow have less common sense and common knowledge than the average thirteen year old who's had a "Fright Night" sleepover???

UNCLE SAM! YOU SEE MY CAPS LOCK? THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE PUSHED ME TO YOU IDIOTS!!!

The only saving grace here is that I know WE, the ATS community know our stuff! We know to burn bodies! We might shove a stake through the dead persons head or heart first due to secondary worries, but we will burn them! We know NOT to flock towards the dying as they wander up the streets towards us bleeding out of their eyes.

We've got smarts that way.

Gah!!! I'm waiting for the CDC to come out with a poster suggesting that French kissing might be a cure for the disease! Hey, do your bit for your country and make out with an Ebola patient TODAY!

You know what? To Hell with the news. To Hell with statements from the CDC or any other medical affiliation or organization. To Hell with all of it. I'm simply going to break out every DVD that I own that has to do with plagues and zombies and I am making up my own "survival plan".

So if you see a guy running down the street with a towel wrapped around his face, clutching a crossbow? Wave "Hi"... but don't get too close!

edit on 10/14/14 by Hefficide because: Replaced "steak" with "stake" - a Fruedian slip from ranting while hungry

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hang on a sec.

In most of those Zombie movies, isn't it the average joe that knows what to do, and the government screws up, mostly due to that whole "chain of command" BS?

LOL

Great rant though, and I couldn't agree more.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Nix on the towel wrapped around the head for current social reasons that could be easily misunderstood, but kudos on the caps lock part which was brilliant. I have never been able to sit through a vampire or zombie movie as they are too ridiculous to me. The movie Psycho is the classic shower-avoiding mnemonic though. But do rant on, my dear, your rant was super.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Dude, you are way off. This is not spread through the air. It is not spread like the flu. This is not super contagious like a cold or chicken pox. Yes extream caution should be used, Ebola is deadly. If this were a virus like in the movie Contagion, you mentioned we would have seen FAR more infections by now.

Maybe you should not watch so much TV if it freaks you out this bad.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ebola outbreak: Nigeria 'a week away' from beating virus

Nigeria will be officially declared Ebola-free in less than a week after containing the disease that has killed more than 4,000 people.

Eight of the 20 people infected in the country died and there have been no new cases confirmed since 8 September.

It means it is less than a week short of the 42-day period needed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) to confirm Nigeria has quashed its Ebola outbreak.Nigeria will be officially declared Ebola-free in less than a week after containing the disease that has killed more than 4,000 people.

Eight of the 20 people infected in the country died and there have been no new cases confirmed since 8 September.

It means it is less than a week short of the 42-day period needed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) to confirm Nigeria has quashed its Ebola outbreak.
www.independent.co.uk... l

Fingers X but so far these guys closer to the epicenter than the U.S is kicking zombie Ebola in the azz , now not saying we have to wait for 20 people to drop dead before pushing the panic button,but these guys,again much closer to ground zero is doing something right.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I've been biting my tongue for days/weeks about this because I'm sure someone somewhere already covered this but, if Ebola is supposedly so hard to contract, then why the hell are so many people contracting it? Someone ain't telling the truth about something.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Frustrated at the level of stupidity being shown by the people in charge of things? Absolutely. Freaked out? Not a bit.

FTR nowhere in my rant is a suggestion that Ebola is an airborne contagion ( though I would not at all test that by letting an infected person showing symptoms sneeze near me ).

The WHO says:

Ebola then spreads through human-to-human transmission via direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected people, and with surfaces and materials (e.g. bedding, clothing) contaminated with these fluids.

Health-care workers have frequently been infected while treating patients with suspected or confirmed EVD. This has occurred through close contact with patients when infection control precautions are not strictly practiced.

Burial ceremonies in which mourners have direct contact with the body of the deceased person can also play a role in the transmission of Ebola.

People remain infectious as long as their blood and body fluids, including semen and breast milk, contain the virus. Men who have recovered from the disease can still transmit the virus through their semen for up to 7 weeks after recovery from illness.

Source

BUT - having said that... Ebola Reston, though a low threat to humans, was airborne - thus there is a precedent to be concerned that the Zaire strain could manifest the same mutation during transmission from host to host.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Seen a Zombie movie?

Who do you think produced WWZ?

There are zero confirmed cases of Ebola in Canada.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

How many infections are in the US that were contracted in the US? Not many at all.the people who have been infected were working with those who had the virus, yet the people in their inner circle do not have the virus. There has not been one case in the US where someone has seemingly randomly has come down with Ebola.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Are you suggesting that we all take "The Stand", Captain Trips?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Ironically Heff,I bet the makers of "Outbreak" and "Contaigion" had CDC and the like "consulting" on the films-Now I don't know this as fact,but I would put money on it.

Its the exact sort of scenario they have trained for,yet they do not seem competent so far.
And who the heck are these "the Cleaning Guys"-you know,those flash trailers turning up to clean contaminated areas/houses?

What that looks like to me is the CDC have outsourced what once was their job to some "Cleaning Guys."
I mean WTF is that about?

There is an outbreak of Ebola,and the CDC send in the cleaning guys to do their job...Just great man.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It does make me smile when you read that your local authority has a contingency plan for a Zombie outbreak, yet my Government doesn't have a viable plan for a pandemic onslaught.

This makes me question how much of a threat this really is?

The fact that the conditions people are living in, in the areas affected by this virus in West Africa can be compared to the Middle Ages, seems to have drifted by a hell of a lot of people.

So, it's either clueless Government, or MSM hyping this thing up with the consent of our Governments.

Either way, it's frightening, very frightening!!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Why not limit the exposure also. Upwards of 70 people cared for Mr. Duncan, why so many? No wonder someone contracted it.

This just proves to me that if an airborne pandemic really does happen we are all screwed. Like moths to a flame...
edit on 14-10-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I'm actually discussing the fact that level four protocols were not even close to implemented in Dallas when by all rights they should have been. The protocols call for both isolataion ( with literally page upon page of specific instructions ) and for QUARANTINE.

The first seemed to happen to some small degree - the latter did not happen at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

I've been biting my tongue for days/weeks about this because I'm sure someone somewhere already covered this but, if Ebola is supposedly so hard to contract, then why the hell are so many people contracting it? Someone ain't telling the truth about something.

How many people live in the areas affected. To date there have been 8,900 + cases with 4,700+ deaths. All this in a region where drugs are scarce, sanitary conditions are woeful, and people live on top of each other, eating jungle animals contaminated with who knows what.

The people who have become infected in countries caring for the sick have mainly been medical staff, who have come directly onto contact with sufferers.

We need to put this whole thing in perspective, otherwise we will start pointing and shouting unclean at anybody who sneezes. Before you know it, we will start killing people we think May be infected and demanding that the FEMA camps we have all been suspicious of are opened up to contain the outbreak.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

…when a guy from a nation ravaged by Ebola shows up at an ER and says "Hey, I kinda might have Ebola n stuff".

And they said, "Yah? Well don't bring it here."

The health industry just proved how capable they are of stopping Ebola from coming to America. They sent him home.

Waiting for that to reoccur…

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If you need me, I'll be just over here poking the pulsing, red, jelly like interior of this recently crashed meteor with a stick.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
They release zombie movies for a reason. They know what's put in entertainment these days.

Their entire point is hoping people will wake up to planned events.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Heres the British answer to testing for Ebola at the airports. lol

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

…when a guy from a nation ravaged by Ebola shows up at an ER and says "Hey, I kinda might have Ebola n stuff".

And they said, "Yah? Well don't bring it here."

The health industry just proved how capable they are of stopping Ebola from coming to America. They sent him home.

Waiting for that to reoccur…

I'm waiting for it to become OFFENSIVE to call EBola the HOAX that it so clearly is.

Then it'll be locked threads and deleted posts, no stars or flags allowed and veiled threats, assessments of sociopathy and accusations of just plain unpatriotic behaviour.

Until then I can say Ebola in Canada is fiction!

Fascism however is not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join