It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: horrible news for the boyfriend of the Ebola nurse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
youngcons.com...

This report just popped up on my FB news feed.

Edit to add: sorry I didn't include more info initially. I got called away.

Here is a quote from the linked article:

"An email sent out to the Alcon staff by its CEO reportedly said that the ebola nurse’s boyfriend was admitted into hospital with “Ebola-like symptoms.”
Gotnews.com has received word from two different Alcon employees, both of whom asked not to be identified.
Alcon’s U.S. headquarters are in Fort Worth, Texas. It is an ophthalmological pharmaceutical company.

Requests for comment from Alcon were not returned."

Read more at youngcons.com...

Anyone else heard this?
edit on 14-10-2014 by GeorgiaGirl because: Add info

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GeorgiaGirl
I read about it last night (dubious news source that showed emails from the boyfriend's co-workers at a pharma firm in DFW area) and couldn't verify.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hear what?
Why is everybody being so cryptic?

Why not just type out what you have heard and your opinion on the information?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Someone want to post some kind of an excerpt from the article. I close out when I get hit with popups within 2 seconds of loading a page. That kinda site is annoying to say the least. Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel
##SNIPPED##

On topic...as another said, dubious source. I saw it too.
At this time it doesn't appear that it is being confirmed.....time will tell. I will reserve judgement until more information is presented.
edit on Tue Oct 14 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is what the article is saying:-

An email sent out to the Alcon staff by its CEO reportedly said that the ebola nurse’s boyfriend was admitted into hospital with “Ebola-like symptoms.”

OP should really have at least quoted that bit.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Na some sites just do that silly pop up crap and auto minimize thing. Only certain sites do it, usually sites like were linked. Anyway someone said this is bunk... So far anyway.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If you read the e-mail they sent it says he was admitted as a precautionary measure and was not showing any symptoms. I hope this is just a precaution, people possibly exposed to this horrid virus need to take this seriously because our government certainly isn't!!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: cyberheater

You beat me to it...I was trying to post the image of the email but ATS was saying it wasn't an image file. I don't know.
Anyways, this is a bit more confirmation than a simple web article, imo.
Think it is safe to say the guy is being observed and tested, at the very least.

(post by Jakal26 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rustydog
If you read the e-mail they sent it says he was admitted as a precautionary measure and was not showing any symptoms. I hope this is just a precaution, people possibly exposed to this horrid virus need to take this seriously because our government certainly isn't!!

Why would he be hospitalized for POTENTIAL symptoms if he's not showing signs. Duncan's girlfriend was just self-quarantined.

I bet he is actually showing symptoms, regardless of what that company email said.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Before we get too carried away here, I would encourage everybody to read the email in question from the screen shot at the link.

It clearly states that he was admitted and "..is being monitored for potential signs and symptoms of ebola ..."
That is what is meant in the press releases by "being closely monitored"

It does not say that he has symptoms.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: cyberheater
This is what the article is saying:-

An email sent out to the Alcon staff by its CEO reportedly said that the ebola nurse’s boyfriend was admitted into hospital with “Ebola-like symptoms.”

OP should really have at least quoted that bit.

The actual company email said he was not showing symptoms, but that it was a precautionary measure. But I don't believe it. None of the other CLOSE contacts, like Duncan's family, were ever hospitalized.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

young cons. accidental truthiness.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Idk what to make of this, the article says he was admitted for showing symptoms, but the e-mail they are quoting says no symptoms, precautionary measure due to exposure to his girlfriend. Looks to me like the media making assumptions to garner views, hard to believe the media in the US would do that!!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Found a video on it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I tend to agree with you.

The fact that he has been admitted rather than being monitored indicates he must be showing symptoms.

Alcon currently has 2,400 employees based in Ft. Worth, TX. Both he and her parents work there.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Governments of the various countries do a wonderful job bringing these infected patients home...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Holy cow. When, exactly did ATS become the official site for bored housewives gossiping over the back yard fence? ...'pssst, did you here about the Andersons?' snicker snicker behind the back of the hand. Come on! If you're going to take the time to start a thread...wait, it doesn't seem like you did take the time to start a thread. Give us a little information other than the "did you hear???" Jeeez.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sorry, y'all. I should've posted more than just a link. I was interrupted and had to post it fast. That's what I get for posting at work.

I guess time will tell as to whether or not this is true. The email included in the original article looked legit, and the article itself was posted by Rush Limbaugh's FB page. Not that everything Rush says is true, but that gave it an air of at least SOME legitimacy since he's in media. (No need for Rush bashing as a reply--I know he's not everyone's favorite.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join