It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey began bombing kurdish rebels !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
turkey began bombing kurdish rebels. just seen it on RT. and its look heavy.

Anymore information...?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Turkish jets bombed targets in the southeast of Turkey where members of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) are based, the first strikes on the outlawed group since a 2013 ceasefire, a security source said. Turkish F-16 jets dropped bombs late on Monday on PKK targets in the village of Daglica in the Kurdish-majority Hakkari province near the border with Iraq, the source told AFP on condition of anonymity. The fierce clashes between Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) insurgents and Kurdish forces in the key Syrian town of Kobane have shaken Turkey's fragile peace process with the PKK, blacklisted as a terrorist organisation by Ankara and much of the international community. Frustrated with Turkey's lack of action to stop Isil's advance in northern Syria, Turkey's Kurdish community has taken to streets in several cities in the southeast over the past week, with scores killed in deadly clashes. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan blamed the unrest on the "dark forces" seeking to sabotage the delicate peace process with the PKK to end 30 years of violence that has claimed at least 40,000 lives. The security source told AFP that the PKK had been launching gun attacks on the police station in Daglica since Saturday because of the troubles in Kobane. The military action was in response to those attacks, it added.

source:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

link   
Turkey Bomb PKK Rebels!!!

Turkish F-16 and F-4 warplanes have bombed Kurdish PKK rebel targets in Hakkari province near the Iraqi border, Turkish media report.
Both sides have been observing a ceasefire and it is the first major air raid on the PKK since March 2013.

link   
I don't know, I sometimes read things weird. This gave me an image of a turkey flying over some people whitewashing them with poop. I think I should go back to sleep and wake up on the right side of the bed.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I don't know, I sometimes read things weird. This gave me an image of a turkey flying over some people whitewashing them with poop. I think I should go back to sleep and wake up on the right side of the bed.

Now that would make more sense than Turkey turning on the Kurds at this particular moment in time, especially with ISIL on their doorstep.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Now that would make more sense than Turkey turning on the Kurds at this particular moment in time, especially with ISIL on their doorstep.

I was just going to jump in and post a similar sentiment. I'll wait for more information to come to light before casting some sort of uninformed opinion.

I'll call shenanigans *More so than usual when dealing with the Media*

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There are so many factions and players in this scenario that it is mind-boggling. I will never understand what wisdom, if any, has been applied by the allies to be involved in this situation in the first place. I just do not accept that it is our dogfight.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The article is clear enough.....Turkey is using the ISIL boys to wipe out the Kurds....
Since the Kurds don't appreciate that sentiment they are causing Erdogan some embarrassment at home....thus the PKK gets bombed by the Turks.....
Kick these arses out of nato as they are not our allies.....

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Well IF true,

Turkey being a member of NATO or not I'll side with the Kurds.

For me that's a no brainer.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
A good interview up at ICH for a little history that includes the Kurdes ,and Turkey . well worth the listen to "An interview of Professor Noam Chomsky of MIT by David Barsamian. The interview takes us on a general overview of the state of the Middle East, and the role that Turkey has played in it. Covering the origins of ISIS all the way to the Kurdish issues in Turkey, Professor Chomsky gives us a glimpse of the complex politics of the area and his opinion on the future moving forward.

Posted October 13, 2014 www.informationclearinghouse.info...

edit on 14-10-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

There was no immediate comment from the military on the report that it bombed Kurdish positions, once a regular occurrence in southeast Turkey but something that had not taken place for two years.

Reuters

Between the Kurds and ISIS, the whole Middle East should be conquered in… days. Somebody want to explain again how this is possible without air superiority?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So if the enemy of my enemy is my friend....
Turkey is fighting for ISIS.

ETA: Shouldn't we bomb Turkey now?
President Obama?
edit on b000000312014-10-14T07:58:49-05:0007America/ChicagoTue, 14 Oct 2014 07:58:49 -0500700000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I will never understand what wisdom, if any, has been applied by the allies to be involved in this situation in the first place. I just do not accept that it is our dogfight.

Not wisdom, greed. When the smoke clears another Middle Eastern Nation will have been plunged into chaos. Multiple factions will be armed and pitted against each other. Where there was once cities and trade there will just be vendettas and… oil.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Turkey seem to be showing their true colours when it comes to the Kurds.

They won't let the Kurds resupply or reinforce Kobani, they are in effect participating in the siege of that town, they want ISIS to kill as many Kurds in Kobani as possible.

And now they hit PKK targets within Turkey itself?

It's fairly obvious where their priorities lie, and it should come as a surprise to no one that they are aiding ISIS in their onslaught against the Kurdish people.
edit on 14-10-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We should make it clear that it is usually the leadership of a country that does some of the stuff we see. commonly though a moderate percentage of the citizens feel entitled and follow the leaders that make their lifestyle possible. This happens in most societies throughout the world.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Turkey wants nothing more than to be the Caliphate. So, it will help to 'destabilize' the current one, and align itself with actions that promote such. All in an attempt to be the only game in town.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I was just about to go to bed when I came across this article:
Turkey bombs Kurds

So no wonder the Turks werent going to save Kobani even though its literally within shooting distance of Turkey!!

Ottoman Empire, here we come

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

You mean Ottoman Empire right? Or is that the same thing...?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What The Turkish government wants is pretty much clearer a new ottoman empire and to do so they already did this by removing Yusgalavia.

Only Syria and Iran stand in there way, i am not surprised that turkey would have stroke the kurds.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is not a surprise. Turkey is merely following the age old adage “kick a dog when he is down.”

Turkey and ISIS are obviously allies.

Proof:

ISIS never bother to threaten Turkey

They released the Turkish hostages

Erdogan refuses to attack ISIS or even call them murdering terrorists: recently he declared:

“Lawrence of Arabia a Bigger Enemy than ISIS”

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join