It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claim: "Hundreds of Foreign UFO Sightings Intercepted by NSA"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hundreds of Foreign UFO Sightings Intercepted by NSA According to Yeats Affidavit – GabriellePickard // 13 October 2014

www.topsecretwriters.com...

link documents.theblackvault.com...

file name nsaaffidavit-aftermdr-july2014

I submitted this comment:

"The document also makes it clear that the release of such information for public scrutiny would “seriously damage the ability of the United States to gather this vital intelligence information”." Of course it would have been harmful, countries such as the USSR might have realized how useful "ufo reports" in their own newspapers were in helping US analysts keep tabs on top secret Soviet missile and space weapons testing in the 1960s and later -- and stop publishing them. Major Russian UFO events of that era often were public misperceptions of these tests, with enough valid details to tell US analysts critical flight profile features. Examples [scroll down] here -- www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

i thought the NSA was busy spying our activity in terms of emails phone calls and so forth...why are they keeping tabs on the little green men too?
Did those cheeky aliens come all the way here to torrent those fapgate pictures??

anyways, while interesting, we would need something more than speculation...let's hope we will be able to add to this thread in the near future!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I don't really see this as surprising. That tends to be the NSA's job...to keep everything under wraps with a nice pretty bow on top.

However, I do find it amusing how many leaks keep happening from the NSA. This is either a good thing, because at some point perhaps the government will slip and let leak something of hard proof that UFOs/aliens/other phenomena actually exist for the world to see. On the flip side, maybe these "leaks" are happening on purpose from time to time. Maybe they're smarter than I give them credit for, and they're leaking information to keep us distracted from what they really have to offer if hackers were to infiltrate their systems. Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit on that one.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

i thought the NSA was busy spying our activity in terms of emails phone calls and so forth...why are they keeping tabs on the little green men too?
Did those cheeky aliens come all the way here to torrent those fapgate pictures??

anyways, while interesting, we would need something more than speculation...let's hope we will be able to add to this thread in the near future!

This is records being brought up from the sixties if I'm not mistaken... Not the NSA's current activity...

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Well looky at this (scroll right):

Now why on earth would GCHQ and the RAF be sharing documents, which conveniently disappeared down the memory hole, about Wing Commander Alan Turner's mass radar sighting with the NSA of all agencies?
(original thread)

What could be so sensitive about this particular event that they blacked out the month to make it harder to identify?

Funny to think the NSA said they lost these documents. And guess what? The Ministry of Defense hasn't released them either, even though they've claimed they have released all the documents.

Something is not right with this picture.

edit on 2014-10-14 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The National Security Act was formed shortly after the Roswell incident, and then later the National Security Agency came about...In recent times I've always assumed the lack of UFO sightings has something to do with the increased survelliance of the NSA, taking down sightings from the net or people's phones.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtraeme

Well looky at this (scroll right):

Now why on earth would GCHQ and the RAF be sharing documents, which conveniently disappeared down the memory hole, about Wing Commander Alan Turner's mass radar sighting with the NSA of all agencies?
(original thread)

What could be so sensitive about this particular event that they blacked out the month to make it harder to identify?

Funny to think the NSA said they lost these documents. And guess what? The Ministry of Defense hasn't released them either, even though they've claimed they have released all the documents.

Something is not right with this picture.

Think you've gone and won post of the month there mate - great stuff!

Wonder if Jim has any thoughts on this one (or is just more interested in pimping his homepage).

Don't think we will ever get to see or hear the unreleased physical evidence in the form of radar video/voice tapes in the Sopley case either but did think you asked an extremely important question about why GCHQ is sharing UFO documents with the NSA?

Shame they've now gone and 'lost' them all (link).

Great thread BTW and some really fascinating testimony.

“What I saw defied all logic and was, quite frankly, extraordinary. It wasn’t just me, more than 30 pairs of eyes of RAF staff and radar operators at Heathrow Airport witnessed the same thing. I instantly knew this wasn’t a convoy of military planes -the only craft with that rate of climb were supersonic lightning aircraft but they wouldn’t have been able to hold such a perfect formation".

RAF Wing Commander Alan Turner (MBE).

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Now let's play fill in the blanks.

Who'd have thunk they'd use RADAR for communication.

www.dtic.mil...

Incredible.

Don't think we will ever get to see or hear the unreleased physical evidence in the form of radar video/voice tapes in the Sopley case either but did think you asked an extremely important question about why GCHQ is sharing UFO documents with the NSA?

I have been thinking about this all day and I think I have finally come up with a satisfactory answer.

David Clarke was right. The MoD had no idea what they were dealing with.

So what did they do? They pulled out the big guns and asked the NSA SIGINT team to take a crack at identifying what they picked up on their scopes. Funny the NSA should refer to the event as a: '"phenomena" in the sky'.

Why the double quotes?

Sounds to me like they know something a little extra.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtraeme

Funny the NSA should refer to the event as a: '"phenomena" in the sky'.

Why the double quotes?

If it's the MOD then they likely refer to it that way because of Project Condign, which concluded that there is no phenomenon, "in the sky", but that UAP that cannot be identified as having a mundane source are a result of the interaction between EM fields in a person's brain and naturally occurring EM fields.

Maybe the NSA sees them the same way and that's what they "know" (?)

edit on 14-10-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Now let's play fill in the blanks.

www.dtic.mil...

Incredible.

I have been thinking about this all day and I think I have finally come up with a satisfactory answer.

David Clarke was right. The MoD had no idea what they were dealing with.

So what did they do? They pulled out the big guns and asked the NSA SIGINT team to take a crack at identifying what they picked up on their scopes. Funny the NSA should refer to the event as a: '"phenomena" in the sky'.

Why the double quotes?

Wouldn't it have been a English Electric Canberra vs a Martin B-57? Nifty radar link btw.

Anyone know what the event in 1966 was?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

This is records being brought up from the sixties if I'm not mistaken... Not the NSA's current activity...

Their current activity is also keeping their chosen narrative solid and in place….and make no mistake, they have a solid narrative they keep in place, historically. It's one reason why narratives, themselves, are so high on DARPA
s list of study. That should be obvious.

What amazes me about the information this thread presents, is it may explain why, almost perpetually, there are specific consequences that seem to begin to affect people who report contact…..
Great thread.
tetra50

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Good point. I thought about this, but I don't think that is the case. Check out what Eugene Yeates, the Chief of the Office of Policy for the NSA in 1980, wrote in the last sentence of the text cited above.

"When they cannot identify a particular object, they report it as an unidentifiable object. In translating these messages, the U.S. cryptolinguist uses "unidentified flying object" as the equivalent of the [cipher] text."

This is a clear admittance that the National Security Agency uses "unidentified flying object" as a catch-all to describe anything that they can't identify. This is pretty damn smart. Since most people interpret UFOs to mean alien spaceships. The average person's reaction is to either immediately discard it as nonsense or to immediately jump to the conclusion "alien spaceships — no need for further investigation."

The NSA is basically using it as a device to throw people off the scent. It also explains why the military has spent so much time inculcating an atmosphere of derision, obfuscation, and silliness towards the subject whenever it comes up.

So my point here is if the NSA is using UFO as a codeword, and as a serious one at that (by their own admittance). I doubt they would be so dismissive of a phrase that they use to internally label unidentified targets and to mask their own covert operations. Therefore, similarly, I don't that think someone who is at the level of the Chief of the Office of Policy at the NSA would use double quotes around "phenomena" to mean it in the pejorative sense (remember this is a Top Secret Umbra document), but rather to suggest they know something extra that they are not letting on about in the affidavit.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1ofthe9
Wouldn't it have been a English Electric Canberra vs a Martin B-57? Nifty radar link btw.

The only thing the wing commander tell us is that it is a Canberra bomber,

There were seven technically different radars all seeing exactly the same thing. Two radars at Southern radar, two radars at Heathrow, two at the fighter control establishment, and the airborne one with the Canberra bomber.
youtube.com...

There is no reason that it couldn't be an Electric Canberra. The only problem is "electric" is two extra characters. So it doesn't fit quite as well in the redacted text space. On the other hand though, the Brits are the primary users of the Electric. So it does make more sense especially when you consider that it's more of a photographic and electronic recon jet than the Martin (though the Martin was used for experimental comm work).

It is hard to say. For now it's probably easiest to side with whatever best fits in the available text space. =)

Anyone know what the event in 1966 was?

Haven't looked into that one in too much. I would be interested to hear what other people come up with.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wonder how much money the U. S. Government spends on Black Magic (heh) Markers every year...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

www.dtic.mil...

Incredible.

Bonkers mate, I never knew it was possible.

Those Naval research boys really do know their stuff (shame they invented the NSA though
).

The MoD had no idea what they were dealing with.

I bet they were pretty perplexed to say the least - your post also put me in mind of this quote by Under Secretary of State Ralph Noyes - apparently objects were 'travelling at quite impossible speeds like 4-5000 mph' and 'something was going on, sporadically, in British airspace which we could not explain'.

Can't really blame them mate - never forgot this statement made by John Schuessler about surveillance capabilities and maybe the National Reconnaissance Office played its part as well - it mentions here that the NSA work closely with the NRO and 'is staffed in small part by NSA personnel'.

The curves are all swinging upward fairly rapidly. So we look at what we know about the technology we are using for surveillance, just the USA, not other countries, what we do and what we know and the kind of surveillance we can do. There is no doubt in my mind that today if not many times over the past fifty years we have had the surveillance capabilities to completely monitor the activities of certain UFO flights –and know exactly when they’re going, where they’re going, how they’re going, where they appear form and leave to, all the characteristics about them – we have radar based devices that will not only show the distance, direction and azimuth of an object and all that but will also how shape. We have devices the army has developed for tracking projectiles – they check the acoustic wave and when something crosses over they can immediately track that data and go back to the source. That’s how they track where a mortar is or a howitzer. We can use that same technology – and its portable – for tracking UFOs.

I don’t believe any of these things fly over our country today without being known and if somebody wanted the UFO mystery to completely disappear they could in five minutes release enough data to show exactly what’s going on and is not going on.

link

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

they are here. it makes me laugh now when governments give out excuses. it is not fair but i understand where they are coming from on why they dont release the information. if you want to see them you can,you just have to look up at night on a clear night and once you see them you will see them alot. do not believe that every flashing star is venus or swap gas (lol).

if your trying to recorded them to prove to other people they will not show up,it has to be a personal thing not to share with the world.

fear is a major problem,i was scared my 1st time but believe me they could of killed or taken me long ago very easy. go to a rural area that is best where there is not alot of people as they will only show just for you if you want.

jim oberg i respect you and your skills as a debunker but i think you may seek the truth aswell?

all i can say is "fast-walkers"

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Can't really blame them mate - never forgot this statement made by John Schuessler about surveillance capabilities and maybe the National Reconnaissance Office played its part as well..

Looks like the original article has been taken down from the internet but there is a copy of it left over at UFO Chronicles.

Secret US Intelligence Agency Holds UFO Answers

A US intelligence agency that denied its very existence for decades has likely already determined the true nature of the UFO phenomena, and has kept its discoveries from the public for over a half-century.

This agency has the ability to “see” anything anywhere at any time as it is happening - even outside of our atmosphere. They have detected airspace intrusions of all kinds – including most assuredly, those of Unidentified Flying Objects..

THE AGENCY THAT DARE NOT SPEAK ITS NAME

Though it has been active for over 50 years, the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) was only officially acknowledged about 15 years ago. Before this acknowledgement, its employees could be imprisoned or even put to death under the Espionage Act if they were to reveal its name or even its mere existence. Since 1961 the NRO has quietly employed tens of thousands of people and it has spent hundreds of billions of dollars.

Officially part of the US Department of Defense, its stated mission is to design, build, operate and maintain global spy satellites and to control and to collect the information and images that are gathered from them. It tracks and monitors all traffic entering and leaving the Earth’s atmosphere. The agency secretly constructs and launches these ultra-advanced satellites in cooperation with NASA. The NRO also maintains a planetary-wide network of ground stations which process and analyze signals, photos and filmed images..

The agency is unquestionably the one arm of government that is the most uniquely positioned to possess close-up images of UFOs in airspace or in orbit - or that have perhaps even landed. Objects that are unidentified have surely been encountered buzzing our skies - or upon entering or leaving the atmosphere - on innumerable occasions. And they may have even spotted landings. More than that - given the advanced optics systems onboard these satellites - these UFOs have to have been filmed by NRO and later analyzed by ground station photographic experts. The NRO has acknowledged recently that its first orbiting satellite (called Corona) alone collected more than 800,000 images. With the dozens of such satellites rumored now in orbit, the sheer volume of images captured by the NRO must be in the multiple millions..

Link

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Hundreds of Foreign UFO Sightings Intercepted by NSA According to Yeats Affidavit – GabriellePickard // 13 October 2014

Yeah, I don't find this very surprising either. There are all kinds of intelligence gathering and controlling agencies in the government, gathering and controlling information on every single thing because they can't know what they can't know, and the only way to find that out is to find it out.

And as far as keeping it a secret goes, I always say that there are only two things the government doesn't want anybody to find out: 1) what it knows, and 2) what it doesn't know. I suppose there's a third thing -- how they find out about things -- but that pretty much has do to with #1.

Still, none of this is indicative of any kind of "answers" to the UFO questions. All it indicates is that somebody thinks UFO information could be valuable in some way (mostly from a defense perspective), but anybody with a brain can figure out that if you get a report of something odd flying over your sovereign territory it might be a good idea to try and find out what it is, even if you never do. Better safe than sorry.

edit on 17-10-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

This is a clear admittance that the National Security Agency uses "unidentified flying object" as a catch-all to describe anything that they can't identify.

Yes, the double super secret squirrel code, that translates an unidentified, flying, object into "unidentified flying object"

This is pretty damn smart.

Genius!

/bin/cat, the ultimate unbreakable cipher!

Since most people interpret UFOs to mean alien spaceships. The average person's reaction is to either immediately discard it as nonsense or to immediately jump to the conclusion "alien spaceships — no need for further investigation."

The NSA is basically using it as a device to throw people off the scent.

The NSA isn't doing anything. People are doing it entirely to themselves: smelling horsepiss and imagining it is unicorn sperm.

It also explains why the military has spent so much time inculcating an atmosphere of derision, obfuscation, and silliness towards the subject whenever it comes up.

You mean, by

a) not agreeing with any of the preposterous nonsense lacking evidence
b) not discussing classified activities

What else should they do?

"Colonel Buzzcut: Yes Miss Tavistock, you should start listening to your crystals more, and make sure to lick them daily to please the Annukai."

So my point here is if the NSA is using UFO as a codeword, and as a serious one at that (by their own admittance). I doubt they would be so dismissive of a phrase that they use to internally label unidentified targets and to mask their own covert operations. Therefore, similarly, I don't that think someone who is at the level of the Chief of the Office of Policy at the NSA would use double quotes around "phenomena" to mean it in the pejorative sense (remember this is a Top Secret Umbra document), but rather to suggest they know something extra that they are not letting on about in the affidavit.

Or maybe they use quotations because they are quoting someone else's description or name, the usual and traditional and earnest use of quotation marks---quotation marks as secret NSA code to mean marks indicating a quotation--- before it was a hipster ironic affectation.

Sometimes, a flying cigar is just a cigar on its way to the rubbish bin.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Never throw away a perfectly good white owl.

owl

edit on 17-10-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join