It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Ebola hits India

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Thats a typical ignorant reply. Should a country not advance in anything because it has poverty? If thats the case, why are there homeless and welfares in western countries... wait dont even reply.

no it's not ignorant, a country should advance it's hygiene and sanitation before it's war making capabilities.
sure there is homeless and welfare in western countries, but you just don't go around and see that many dead folks rotting in the streets, river banks, or piles of sh@@ in front of temples,churches and in the middle of the street, and the western countries government not do something about it in stead of just letting them/it sit there.

you can bet that they don't let that sh@@ pile up in front of their capitol or in front of their nuclear weapon mfg / storage sites.

edit on 14-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I'm not saying if but when Ebola hits India it's going to spread like a wildfire. I believe we may see millions dead before this is over. People don't even have toilets they defecate where ever they can. Here are some photo's of India do you really think they'll be able to stop Ebola?

Warning graphic images

www.chinasmack.com...

Does anyone remember the influenza pandemic of 1918? it killed a confirmed total of 50,000,000 people world wide ( some argue that it could be upwards of 100,000,000 ) .. it spread like wildfire .. troops fighting in world war 1 got infected and as they returned to their home countries they spread it and it hit globally... it's still the deadliest of all outbreaks.. and it mysteriously seemed to mostly kill women and children.. they weren't able to build coffins quickly enough.. 25% of the US population were afflicted

I hope this Ebola thing doesn't come anywhere NEAR that total ..
edit on 10/14/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well , lets not use the dirtiest place in India as a reason to assume the situation is same through out the country ... Ganges is very dirty and a massive program is being done to clean the river . As for Ebola , am surprised its not here yet . There are 10s of thousands of Indians working in Africa and traveling back every month . Either there is a Media blackout on cases or we have been incredibly lucky not to get infected or our immune system is made of Kryptonite

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

The crap hitting the fan doesn't even begin to cover how Ebola will propagate regarding India. Which raises the question, how can a nation that fields nuclear armaments be so ill prepared regarding basic hygiene and infrastructure?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It totally astounds me when I read stories about India & how '#ty' it is etc etc! The level of ignorance is beyond comprehension. As a poster has indicated, due to total lack of knowledge and drip feed news from Fox and uneducated sources.

Do some of you here realise there are some 1.2 billion people there?!
Do some of you here understand that some 350 million people there are rich in comparison to their counterparts in the West. Let me put that in perspective; thats the total population of the US!!!

I can guarantee you , you add ONLY 100million to the population of the US and it will be total #hole!
After the Katrina hit New Orleans, it took many years to sort it out & still they struggle!

And before anyone says, they should control their population......yes just like the barbaric way the Chinese did!

India is a democracy Not a Communist state And respect all religions And their right of living including Catholics & Muslims who wish to procreate and have as many kids as they want.

India is rising and TPTB recognise that. It is full of graduates and many countries take in their Doctors & Scientist......just have a look in your local hospitals.

Yes they have a hard time with corruption etc But so do other countries. In India it's in your face, in the West it is hidden through your corrupt corporations & banking institutions.

I have been to India some 12-13 times and I'm humbled whenever I visit. It's a vast country full of beauty of the Himilayan range, deserts, jungles and wet lands of Kerala. And each time I visit they show improvement in every aspect of their lives.
It is also true to say, the use of herbs & spicies definitely helps in combating disease!

One final point, before you criticise another nation.....look at yourself!
The US is the most Obese country in the world with sky rocketing cancer, diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol! And they are trying to spread this around the world via fastfood chains such as Macs, Pizza Hut, KFC etc etc.
You are no longer in touch with Nature & it is only natural when it fights back!

Take care.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Um, no, the Spanish Flu didn't kill 'mostly women and children'; it killed the robust young adults by a significant margin, because their immune systems fought it most aggressively causing a cytokine storm; this is what killed; people would be fine at breakfast, sick by lunch and dead by dinner, drowned in their own immune-response fluids.

U.S. soldiers took it with them on troup ships to Europe, and the net effect of it was to end WWI; people were simply too sick to wage war (ironic, huh?); the death counts were probably close to 100 million; no one was counting officially in all of Russia, China, India or South America. If this gets any more out of hand, Ebola will make the Spanish Flu look like a walk in the park, if only because people now get on planes to the tune of 10s of thousands of flights a day, not slow moving ships that could be easily quarantined.

What I can't understand looking at those pictures of India is, how they feed so many people when there is no food in evidence? They're not eating the cows although they're probably milking them, but what are the cows eating?? How do you have a population reproducing so well, and living to adulthood, given the amount of food and water they would require? It seems like it's way past the crash point of population growth, which is where pandemics come into play in the great scheme of things. It's a reset button... at least the photos show what the DOGS are eating... so we know they'll be okay.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: light_sound
this is for you and the other poster, these are from news sources in India. when it comes from the horses mouth i think that it is better than someone who just goes to visit, and doesn't go get in the filth.

One-third slum homes without indoor toilets Nationwide, more than one-third of slum homes surveyed had no indoor toilets and 64 per cent were not connected to sewerage systems. About half of the households lived in only one room or shared with another family. However, 70 per cent had televisions and 64 per cent had cellphones. That's about the same cellphone ownership rate as the general urban population and only slightly less than the number of general city dwellers with televisions. India census says 1 in 6 lives in unsanitary slums

Nearly 48 per cent of Indians have no access to toilets and are forced to defecate in the open. In rural areas, this proportion goes up to 60 per cent. Folded into this lack of access is an intersection of caste, class and gender prejudices, a social system ordered on who is let in, who must stay out, who can clean the toilets and who cannot. According to a report compiled by the National Confederation of Dalit Organisations, only 23.7 per cent of Dalit households have access to latrines, as opposed to 42.3 per cent of non-Dalit households. And in most contexts, access to toilets is heavily skewed against women — a 2009 survey found that in Delhi, there were 1,534 public toilets for men but only 132 for women. Too often, this has been a tragic shortfall. The Badaun case, where two girls were killed when they went into the fields to relieve themselves, showed that for women, access to a toilet can be a matter of life and security. In urban areas, too, thousands of women queuing up for slum toilets early in the morning or late in the evening face harassment and humiliation. Unsanitary truths

from tavleen singh a well noted indain columnist and reporter.

The day before the Government of India admitted last week that most of India’s cities were unsanitary and that of the 423 surveyed 190 were on the verge of health and environmental disaster I did some field research and came to the same dismal conclusion. While driving between Jaipur and Delhi I paid close attention to the towns I drove past with the specific purpose of finding one that I could describe as salubrious or halfway attractive. I did this without any idea that the Ministry of Urban Development was conducting its own survey so it was a happy coincidence that the survey’s results confirmed what I saw while driving on one of India’s most important national highways. There was not a single town that would be described as anything but a slum in any other country. The villages I passed were not particularly clean but they were better than the towns if only because there were green fields and a general sense of openness. BooksArticlesVideoPressContact SEARCH : India’s urban nightmare

those are a few, then if you look at sites like trip adviser, which really rips hotels, restaurants, towns, and villages in india a new one. or some of the answer type blogs that ask why is india so unclean, and see people that claim to be in india or from india or just left there it is plain to see your just looking at the place with rose colored glasses on or just flat out lying.

yes there are some that are trying to clean it up. but the majority are not interested.

and one final point, i would rather be fat and obese, and have all the diseases you mentioned with the ability to go and have them treated, than to have to scrounge around looking for something to eat, when there are ton of bugers on the hoof running around thru the streets, dropping cow pies, next to that dead dog, cow, or human being. that someone just pinched a loaf beside because there is no toilet around.

here in the U.S. if caught relieving yourself in public, you can go to jail or at the very least expect to pay out a few hundred bucks in fines.

edit on 14-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

After watching these photo's India will be fertile ground for contamination. The only hope these people will have is that living within this filth has made their immune system impenetrable for ebola.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ya sure .. hipocricy at its finest .. all the self proclaimed 'civilized' users here ..how different is this from mass slaughter houses and consuming flesh ..or causing mad cow disease by forcing cattle into cannibalism ..??
India is a very different place ..with it's own far more unique demographic, population, vast cultures, history and challenges ..you can not compare it a Western country ..
Some Chinese guy goes there and digs up dirt for his propaganda local newspaper .. I'm sure if we go to China .. you will see the same s!^# .. it seems the main purpose of this article was to degrade India ..rather than talking about the disease ..
India has survived a lot .. and yes, the immunity of Indians is far more superior ..they have earned it ..and they have their ways of handling outbreaks ..
Ebola is not the first threat .. a lot of diseases are already there ..and people are surviving ..
Don't worry yourself about this ..every place has it's unique way of handling these things ..yes, there will be deaths ..but it will be contained ..

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
I agree with what you have linked But yet again You miss the point;

1.2 Billion People against 320Million!

Ask yourself if the US had mere 500Million, would it be able to Cope?

It's OK attacking a Country when you cannot understand the limiting factors which result in such inequality!
Furthermore, the majority of these journalists are a part of the problem! They live in luxury, doing very little to help the unfortunate. The disparity between the rich & poor is frankly disgusting!
Moreover, I would never wish a disease on anyone......why do you wish it upon yourself?

You were fortunate to be born or raised in the west, and there praytell is the problem....A lack of Understanding. You can truly never understand what one is going through unless You have experienced it!
By labelling Indians as Disgusting, sub human etc etc without truly knowing what they have been through or going through in itself is cruel, heartless & naive.
Do you really think they want to live like this and not give the opportunities they so wish for, for their children.

Your Stats prove the population point And no country can cope with such a populous.
Unfortunately, TPTB control the makeup of the world & if they want can improve the lot of everyone. Unfortunately to keep their supremacy they need this inequality And also need you & me to continue to argue until we are 'blue in the face'.....it fits their plans perfectly.
I am sorry if I offended you or your country But I only hope some of this anger & disgust is directed in the right direction.

Take care..

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: junglimogli

Unfortunately, it is a theme within many forums. And the sole purpose is to degrade & humiliate the people & cultures of India.
It all comes down to lack of understanding & education. They get the majority of their news from rating motivated agencies and do very little research on their own.
Unfortunately, they will never understand when they 'sheepishly,' follow their masters.

Take care.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
e precise reason nature has viruses is for problems that threatened the planet like the over population of India , itsreally just nature doing wha tit does best

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I've seen many things in my time both close up and from afar BUT that series of pictures is actually VERY shocking……..

another example of how religion (enlightenment et al) really screws up a decent civialised society………

The pure INDIGNITY of those corpses is beyond belief…….

Awful

PDUK

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

PMSL

..if you've ever played something like (sid meier's) civilization (or alpha-centauri) you'll know why this is so

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I,d rather prefer the dirt in the picture as compared to the mental filth spewed in this thread.Either way , one should be careful what one says one never knows who's help you will need once the Dollar/Euro goes down the toilet .

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: luciddream
no it's not ignorant, a country should advance it's hygiene and sanitation before it's war making capabilities.

Thats what Gaddafi did and vietnam and half a dozen other "evil" countries . before he was bombed and cratered by your very own beloved democracy . And not to mention US and UK almost attacked us once back in 1971 when both nations sent their biggest fleet to India to save their beloved genocidal ally Pakistan who had finished of 3 million people in Bangladesh. (thank god for USSR who intervened) . So yes, you are incredibly ignorant and not to mention ill educated to make such a ridicules post besides i doubt the folks living of welfare even realize how a country develops.

Other similar brain farts are as follows

"Don't spend on science feed your people"
"Don't spend on space feed your people"
"Don't spend on military feed your people"
The stupidest of all is "We give aid and they send probe to moon and mars"

edit on 14-10-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They use a lot of Turmeric in India. I don't think there will be so many deaths from Ebola there. I could be wrong, I am just assuming some of the properties of the foods they consume could protect them from this virus.

Somehow I don't see turmeric protecting from Ebola.

The death toll in India will be massive when it hits there, which it will eventually.

From what I am seeing in these pictures, the death toll will be much higher in India than in Africa due to their cultural daily hygiene practices. At least in Africa they don't float corpses in the rivers and then bathe and drink and brush their teeth in corpse ridden water.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: rickymouse
They use a lot of Turmeric in India. I don't think there will be so many deaths from Ebola there. I could be wrong, I am just assuming some of the properties of the foods they consume could protect them from this virus.

Somehow I don't see turmeric protecting from Ebola.

The death toll in India will be massive when it hits there, which it will eventually.

From what I am seeing in these pictures, the death toll will be much higher in India than in Africa due to their cultural daily hygiene practices. At least in Africa they don't float corpses in the rivers and then bathe and drink and brush their teeth in corpse ridden water.

Again , stop taking these pictures as something which happens through out the country . If the same logic is applied Americans love shooting kids and Englishmen simply love raping children.

Ebola should have already hit India considering the investment and the number of Indians who work there are 100 times the number of westerners .

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SomePeople

well historically when pandemics spread through they tend to come and (sometimes) go in waves,and depending on what wave your in it can come with a multitude of horrible side effects that will kill as many if not more then the original pandemic. first comes the pandemic,then the health care industry gets overwhelmed>

once that happens it starts to effect other areas,trash pick up can stop as well as eventually bodies being left to rot in the street once no one is left to pick them up or put them into mass graves for disposal.

once the bodies start rotting or get into the water supply we get other bringers of death that are historically partners of pandemics ,cholera,dissentry(sp) and the bugs that spread further disease and parasites usually goes down hill from that point

keep in mind im using historical pandemics as guides of what will happen IE the black death and flu pandemic of the early 1900s

on the topic of bugs does any one know if insects like mosquitoes can spread ebola by biting an infected person and then biting a non infected person or does it not work that way

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My sentiments from day 1 when I heard about Ebola, was the fear that it might reach India. With trading partnerships and just the sheer number of people/products travelling throughout it, to the rest of the world. By god.

That is D-Day.

Disease day.

That is the day I become a "prepper" and I can't believe Im even saying this because the idea of prepping was really stupid to me for years. Karma.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join