It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Call Goes Out For Ebola Nurses - Specifies Dallas 'In Desperate Need'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I just got this on my 'medical jobs' alert:

Dallas Area Needs ICU and ER Nurses to assist Ebola Nursing Needs

XXXXXXX
To XXXXXXXXX 12:29 PM

Good Afternoon,

We received the below email from one of our staffing sources. This is a very difficult need to ask for assistance for from all of you I know. Nurses are often on the front lines when it comes to new and frightening diseases as you would be in this case. This might also be an opportunity to study the process of this disease and help to stop its spread throughout the U.S. Please read below and if you would consider this assignment please let us know.

Hello Everyone,
As you all know we have a situation in Dallas that is escalating in response to Ebola. The facilities there are in desperate need for ED and ICU nurses. At this point we do not have additional information in regards to rates, housing, etc. At this point we need to know if your nurses have a compact licensure and would be willing to go if needed. Please let us know as soon as possible.

Thank You,

##SNIPPED##
edit on Tue Oct 14 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: personal info removed

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Yikes!

I don't like what this implies.

Many more cases than we are offically allowed t know about.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

This might also be an opportunity to study the process of this disease and help to stop its spread throughout the U.S.

Someone might want to tell the Obama administration and the CDC this
Of course, he'll find out when he sees it on TV or something

So, what are you going to do?
Stay safe whatever you decide...

It does make one hesitant with all the uncertainty surrounding Ebola and the different reports regarding it

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I hope this is a hoax, they surely wouldn't be asking for help for one sick nurse!!!

Can you confirm this email is legit?

They were saying 70 people came in contact with Duncan....

edit on 14-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

So, what are you going to do?
Stay safe whatever you decide...

I'm presuming the request was for Dallas Presbyterian; I'm aware that they've had a walkout of some staff, and up to 70 are on quarantine, the number that took care of Duncan. The news conference this morning let it slip that they've set aside 48 beds in one wing for only Ebola cases, which is actually a good sign. It means they're ramping up and keeping it in one part of the hospital which is only smart. It's an almost 900 bed hospital so 48 beds is not that many in that big a city. They may need every one of them soon, if only for quarantine. Not everyone's going to get a 'gated community' residence (or FEMA camp bed)...

I'm not a nurse, but I'm on a national medical staffing list in a different field; not looking for work anymore but keep up just out of interest. Weird this popped up on my feed.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Yeah, it's a legit company; they specialize in traveling nurses: travelphp.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Checked and haven't seen that local, possibly yet anyway. Granted I'm more inland WA/ID area, probably a less in demand area to them.

I don't doubt it being legit. In the affected West Africa areas, they are starting to fall short on staff. Especially due to saying their gear is not appropriate. Maybe these agencies should listen to those with first hand experience instead of bringing in people less informed.
edit on 14-10-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
A company in Cumming, GA. Interesting. Legit company doesn't really mean much if this is a hoax (not saying it is...yet).

How did you get this alert? By subscribing to what? Google alerts or something? Did it hit on just one thing? Because the only other reference I can find anywhere (so far) is on another CT site.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

If you search the linked site for specific openings i only found 1 ICU, and 1 ER opening in the Dallas area, certainly dosent mean there aren't openings not listed. I believe someone already mentioned the fact that they are monitoring so many healthcare workers from the Dallas hospital that treated Duncan. Plus i can only imagine the morale of the nurses not being very good inn that area, understandably so!!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Is not unheard for that most hospitals are always in need of nurses, specially ER nurses, the turnaround for this specific areas is always high.

I know because my daughter is an ER and trauma nurse and hospitals will give away bonuses just for them to work and stay.

Taking in consideration that probably Dallas right now is getting their ERs packed with people thinking they have ebola symptoms and with the scare of health care personnel getting infected I can only imagine how many of the healthcare personnel where Mr. Duncan was a patient has resign their positions

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Scary implications. But not surprising to anyone who has followed these Ebola threads on ats. As the truth works its way to the surface, our words and theories are coming to pass. S&F

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

As you all know we have a situation in Dallas that is escalating in response to Ebola. The facilities there are in desperate need for ED and ICU nurses.

Oh no, it's under control. It's contained. I know b/c the CDC said so... /sarcasm.

So let me guess... they had to shut down that ER in Dallas to bleach it into tomorrow, and put all personnel who set foot (and hands) anywhere in there, into quarantine after the young nurse became infected. The word 'escalating' ...what do you make of it? Have some other health care workers there begun to show symptoms?

I don't see any mention in the memo of how they plan to protect their recruits. No mention of a guarantee of hazmat suits or just what. Just a ridiculous attempt at luring them to 'study' the disease and save the US:
"This might also be an opportunity to study the process of this disease and help to stop its spread throughout the U.S."

They ain't gonna be studying it. They'll be doing the grunt work.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
I just got this on my 'medical jobs' alert:

Dallas Area Needs ICU and ER Nurses to assist Ebola Nursing Needs

XXXXXXX
To XXXXXXXXX 12:29 PM

Good Afternoon,

We received the below email from one of our staffing sources. This is a very difficult need to ask for assistance for from all of you I know. Nurses are often on the front lines when it comes to new and frightening diseases as you would be in this case. This might also be an opportunity to study the process of this disease and help to stop its spread throughout the U.S. Please read below and if you would consider this assignment please let us know.

Hello Everyone,
As you all know we have a situation in Dallas that is escalating in response to Ebola. The facilities there are in desperate need for ED and ICU nurses. At this point we do not have additional information in regards to rates, housing, etc. At this point we need to know if your nurses have a compact licensure and would be willing to go if needed. Please let us know as soon as possible.

Thank You,

##SNIPPED##

This is obviously from a staffing or a travel nursing company looking for nurses in Dallas. I bet those ICU and ED nurses are taking leave for medical reasons, quitting, etc. right now.

This DOES NOT mean they don't have enough staff to care for all of the Ebola patients.

Or, this could be an elaborate hoax, a lie if you will, in order to get S&F's and comments in a thread and to get people even more riled up here on ATS regarding this topic.

Without knowing where it came from, and if other nurses also got this notice, then I'm going to assume the latter.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I currently work in the recruiting industry although I do not deal with many nurse searches. With that said, there is a chance that this particular email is legit. I say "chance" because typically if you want to have the farthest reach to as many potential candidates as possible you would put it on Monster, Indeed, CareerBuilder, etc. Plus there are specialized job boards and groups that are more targeted which is what this sounds like. Because of the sensitive nature (ebola) it's quite possible they decided not to put it on Monster, Indeed, etc due to the fact that it might freak the general population out. If sent out only through email to medical professionals or a nursing job board, then they would only be targeting people that might have the necessary background and those who likely wouldn't freak out.

As for the company being in Georgia, that doesn't matter one iota. There are thousands of recruiting firms in the nation and 99.9% of them sell their services nationally. Even if it is just one person sitting in their basement in Maine.

Finally, while LinkedIn is a phenomenal tool for recruiting purposes, the job postings aren't quite as successful as recruiters would like. Many companies don't even post their jobs to LinkedIn. Plus if they did, again it might cause panic among the general population.

new topics

top topics

join