It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal entities and their connection between dreams and physical reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS members. i was curious on your opinions and experiences with paranormal entities in dreams and the real world. the reason i'm posting is because over the past few months i have experienced a couple of vivid dreams involving paranormal entities. i know it is probably just myself dreaming and in no way related to anything paranormal. but it got me thinking, maybe their could be a connection, maybe dreams offer a possible door to our physical reality to these paranormal entities.

one of my family members in college was staying in a dorm in a small mountain town and told me she had experienced a few strange happenings(bathroom door knob locking and moving when nobody else was there, voices) and they also stated they would often have dreams involving what they thought was the entity, and it would communicate to her. i normally would dismiss this but it was given credibility when i found out the person had talked to other students and they had mentioned independently that that section of the dorms was known to be haunted.

So a little more about the dreams i experienced- usually more vivid than normal, i'm passively dreaming in them though i am able to make a few decisions but far from lucid dreaming, a strong sense of fear is usually with me and i often awake in my dream,laying in my bed in my room only to find i am still dreaming. when i finally do actually wake up i feel the same sense of fear as in my dream. so i will state once again, i don't feel like i am experiencing anything paranormal, more likely what i am experiencing are just normal dreams. but i am curious to know your experiences and knowledge involving paranormal entities and dreams and how they relate or if anyone knows if these things use dreams as a way in and possibly why. all opinions welcome, looking forward to your responses, and if you want to ask me anything feel free i'l do my best to answer your questions in more detail.
edit on 14-10-2014 by ominousrex because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2014 by ominousrex because: spacing

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ominousrex

It sounds like you're experiencing something totally normal in the realm of dreaming, a false awakening.

A false awakening is a vivid and convincing dream about awakening from sleep, while the dreamer in reality continues to sleep.

After a false awakening, subjects often dream they are performing daily morning rituals such as cooking, cleaning and eating.

A subset of false awakenings, namely those in which one dreams that one has awoken from sleep that featured dreams, take on aspects of a double dream or a dream within a dream. This may be one of the causes of bed wetting, since the affected person may believe they are using a toilet.

A false awakening is a good way to turn a regular old dream in to a lucid dream. Usually there's something that's always a little off inside your home (since this is usually where they occur.) Once you realize your dreaming, the possibilities are endless.

(It's a little difficult to read your OP because the words are always tiny when there's no spacing. I would edit and use paragraphs)

edit on 14-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
i would love to space this out, but i can't figure out how to do it and time is running out lol

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Check your private messages, it's the white envelope.

Hope that helps.

Staying on topic, there are some interesting articles on dreaming to be found on google scholar. Here's on titled: Flying dreams and lucidity: An empirical study of their relationship.
that discusses false awakenings among other things.

Studied the association between lucidity and flying dreams in 1,910 dreams from 191 Ss. Flying dreams were likelier to be reported by Ss reporting lucid dreams or any of 3 related categories: prelucid dreams, dreams of sleep, or false awakenings. When flying and lucidity occurred in the same dream, lucidity preceded flight rather than being triggered by it.

Possible bases for this relationship of lucid and flying dreams are discussed in terms of their psychological and physiological commonalities. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2014 APA, all rights reserved)

edit on 14-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I sometimes experience a dream state that may actually be an OBE, in which I feel 'semi-lucid', but mostly, I feel 'half-asleep'. Like an in-between state consciousness and sleep. In these 'dreams', I kind of haphazardly float around my house and peer out the windows, where there is often some kind of villainous would-be intruder or group of them.

Sometimes they make it into the house. They either appear as dirty pirate/tweeker types, or as dark shadowy masses.

I can tell you honestly that though these may just be 'regular dreams' - I have no particular fear, conscious or sub, of home invasion or anything of the sort. No, this is certainly another kind of 'intruder', whether subconsciously metaphoric, or sentient being.

I have posted my ideas about dreams in other threads, but to sum up my current theories as pertaining to your post:

I think dreams may be like channels we can 'join'. While we're 'online', we receive a different stream of data than we do while awake. The conundrum is, does this data generate from within (our own subconscious) or from outside (who knows where from?) Shared dreaming is real, and provides a strong argument for the latter.

In this theory, the pineal gland is the switchboard between self and body. Various chemical states that the body can accomplish (naturally or otherwise) enable different levels or avenues of perception. From wide-awake and alert to hallucinatory fever, we're capable of seeing quite a spectrum.

How much of that spectrum is 'real', and how much of it is 'hallucination'? Does part of that spectrum include a glimpse into - for lack of a better term - the 'spirit realm'?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Teratoma damn this thread died so quickly lol. i wasnt expecting it to go front page or anything but darn. anyway yeah i dont thin i was experiencing anythign paranormal, but i do think my family member was. im working on lucid dreaming but man does it take some practice

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

None of my threads ever do that well. I think maybe since I'm too 'non-commital' to adhere to any particular belief system that I just don't come across sounding passionate enough to get anyone else excited!

I found a thread I started on the subject a few years ago that actually did get a couple pages of input by some interesting posters: Dreams and Nocturnal Visitations by Uninvited Entities ...I just read through it again; check it out if you get a minute.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Believing in good and evil spirits is reality. I am no ghost hunter nor have I been on TV but I have been studying demonology for years and I must say it is all true. They do exist..... both sides...... good and evil..... that come from the same source. Due to laws in the spiritual world (that both sides must follow) one way for them to get their message across is in the dream state. They can send messages this way to the living. Learn from your dreams.. some of them have a message for you.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

i pay attention when it happens. usually its always me standing up to the entities in my dreams. i mean i still feel uneasy but i don't back down. i find i like to talk a lot of mess to them when they are in my dreams. idk it may or may not be something paranormal for me, but im sure for some people sometimes it is

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
To answer in short, the closest point of connection is when you are about to fall asleep or when you are waking up. That is the point of connection not only with entities but with any other beyond dreaming stuff.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Standing your ground and showing no fear is step 1. If you let fear creep inside; the spirits see this as a human weakness which opens a door to spiritual attack.

A piece of friendly advice: Do not mock the spirits, this can turn against you and it is dangerous. Keep any communication short, answer with yes and no, and try not to get into any long conversations..... you can listen to them just be careful with your answers.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer if it happens again im going to stand strong as much as posisble until i wake up. i gotta count on myself if it is something paranormal. their is always that chance it isnt. thanks for the replies so far interesting to hear different thoughts on it

new topics

top topics

join