It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Food Prices Are Up 22% and Rising

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Healthy competition protects the consumer.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

It's the economics. Everything is getting more expensive for everyone, not just you and me. Businesses that make and sell the food are feeling the crunch, too. Top to bottom. It's the QE. They have to balance meeting the bottom line and being profitable against what their consumers will tolerate, and increasingly, QE, regulations and changes in who they have to do business are squeezing them just like they are us.

In the end, everything that is done to make the cost of doing business more expensive ISN'T paid by the business, it's paid by you and me.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
If you make under 50 thousand a year you will struggle to survive. This will eventually touch even the higher wage earners when 75% lose everything and have to consolidate with family or friends.

I've been trying to convince the family members, whom I like, to pool resources, sell their current properties and buy a centrally located, small ranch or farm, with freeway access to the cities, living semi communally, so they can keep their current jobs. Not one of them is interested. I have met with accountants and a lawyer so far and figured out how to set up a proper trust for property and vehicles, while also setting up a co-op, so as to be able to write off property taxes and expenses while using the ranch or farm as a "business", just in case really bad economic times hit soon. The excuses I get are "you're not a kid anymore", "we're all adults now, we should have our own place", "nobody is going to mooch off my hard earned money"

My conclusion, Americans are brainwashed morons. We're all #ed because nobody will ever muster up the gumption to work together communally during the next depression.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Monopoly laws don't. I agree with your statement that healthy competition is good for all. Checks and balances are needed before the machine eats itself.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: boohoo

originally posted by: SubTruth
If you make under 50 thousand a year you will struggle to survive. This will eventually touch even the higher wage earners when 75% lose everything and have to consolidate with family or friends.

I've been trying to convince the family members, whom I like, to pool resources, sell their current properties and buy a centrally located, small ranch or farm, with freeway access to the cities, living semi communally, so they can keep their current jobs. Not one of them is interested. I have met with accountants and a lawyer so far and figured out how to set up a proper trust for property and vehicles, while also setting up a co-op, so as to be able to write off property taxes and expenses while using the ranch or farm as a "business", just in case really bad economic times hit soon. The excuses I get are "you're not a kid anymore", "we're all adults now, we should have our own place", "nobody is going to mooch off my hard earned money"

My conclusion, Americans are brainwashed morons. We're all #ed because nobody will ever muster up the gumption to work together communally during the next depression.

This is al out the worst part of it. Everyone is brainwashed into the "me" paradigm it's gross.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join