It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Nurse 'killed 38 patients she found annoying'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:21 PM
Sorry, I have a problem with people preying on the weak.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
a reply to: Domo1

This is really weird. I dont know if its just more publicized in Europe or what but it seems to happen more over there. People that get into health care and are just crazy and psychotic. These stories always stand out for me. This is nuts. My mother was a nurse. I cant imagine her or her friends being this frustrated even after all I know to just kill people because of it. Whats the deal Europe? Why does this happen so much over there? Is it just the a hot topic for predatory news agencies?
edit on 10 14 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:30 PM
a reply to: tadaman

What if it's more rampant than we think? You think it's time to put some checks and balances in?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I think most people should be more familiar with patterns of mental health issues. It seems to be a growing problem in all aspects of society. Its societal decay gone wild IMO. I am not a big fan of adding more layers of ineffective bureaucracy.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:50 PM
a reply to: tadaman

Big pharma is to blame.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:51 PM

originally posted by: illusion987
I think we need to address the real problem. Snobby disrespecting patients. My girlfriend is a nurse and I know plenty of her friends. I have visited her at her rehabilitation clinic. Some of the patients there are extremely rude to the nurses that are trying to help them.

There is nothing worse than an ungrateful person. These people died and their misery is over, these nurses have deal with the 1000 snobs. Treat your nurse with respect and you might just get taken care of.

You sir, are utterly insane. I worked as an EMT for a few years, then in a hospital Emergency Room after that. Patients that are in the hospital for a reason, remember? Illness, disease, pain, etc.

Your girlfriend works in a REHAB CLINIC. The people in there are coming down of whatever poison they SELF INGESTED. They are usually rude to everyone else around them.

A nurse or anyone working in the healthcare field should be there for their CALLING, not for a paycheck. If you or your girlfriend cant deal with the occasional snob, youre in the wrong field. Go work in a factory.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:57 PM
a reply to: HomerinNC

Factories are all in China now. The people who are making it now, over-saturated the medical professions. I guess there's always service and technical sectors.

I was held accountable when I worked on aircraft. I think medical professionals should be also. Maybe less bureaucracy and administration would be a good start.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:34 PM
a reply to: Domo1

The fact that she draws on her eyebrows says it all. Woman who draw on there eyebrows are known to be mentally and spiritually unstable.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:29 PM

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: illusion987

patients aren't slaves or robots you know, just because a nurse is doing their job doesn't mean the patients have to keep quiet, be always happy and accept everything the nurse does blindly, and from what i've seen after dealing with nurses every day for 13 years i'll tell you this, never trust any nurse even the good ones because more often than not they will take advantage of you, will slack off, ignore you, expect you to act as if you owe them everything, call you a liar, forget things, become careless and harass you for asking them to do basic things not within their plan.

patients lives do not revolve around nurses and such arrogance regarding their job is uncalled for, they aren't god nor are they great people, they are normal humans without any special abilities, anyone can be a nurse.

not to hate on nurses but they don't have a reason to care for you except a paycheck so why should you trust them completely especially when your life is involved? as long as they do their job without treating patients less than human and understand that like with any job you have to deal with complaints and problems or you quit, then it's all good but if not well find a new job where people's lives are not in your hands, because you can't be relied upon to do your job.

i don't see you being grateful to who build your pc, car, house, light bulbs to who provides your electricity, food, clothes or water so what makes a nurse so much better? what makes you any better than "ungrateful patients"?

if anything your life or simply pain is even more to voice concern over than an inanimate object or a box of doughnuts so i'd think a patient has an even greater right to complain to a nurse about whatever and demand things than any customer who bought any consumer product

respect is not given, you earn it through effort and communication with others and to expect or even demand respect just because what you do or who you are is plain arrogance.

who is anyone to threaten others or hold lives hostage just so they can receive the treatment they prefer from them?

just because someone complains doesn't make them ungrateful, and if you don't like complaints or demands then you should quit because a nurse deals with humans not machines.

Due to having a chronic illness and a daughter who is missing part of her brain and autistic, let's just say I'm more intimately aware of nurses and hospitals than I'd like to be. I've been in an out of them personally since I was 13. So, 31 years now. My latest expedition being 2 years ago for a gall bladder removal and a gall stone removal that was so big it almost cause the gall duct to burst. I had two different doctors operate and two differing opinions on my after care. The one who removed the gall bladder wanted me to rest the entire week until I felt up to walking. (I developed an infection which required a lengthier stay) The doctor who removed the stone wanted me up and about that day. Considering how much pain I was in, I chose to listen to my body, and not the quack who chose to force it to heal faster than it was ready. The nurses were all a joy. They were willing to help me walk to bathroom should I need it, until my body was ready to do it alone, anything I needed, they were willing to get for me. They were wonderful ladies. I couldn't have asked for better care. Now down in the ER below, my daughter had been there numerous times. There were some wonderful ladies, and some.....well, I don't like speaking ill of people.

My daughter has a seizure disorder that causes uresis. (Wetting accidents) Her seizure medication had been off and needed adjusting. Because she didn't have a regular doctor yet, her insurance forced us to go to the ER every time she had any medical or behavioral issue. One day she had an accident on he hospital bed and one nurse was not very nice at all! My daughter was 16 at the time and this nurse just shamed my daughter. She made fun of her and made comments about how she's old enough to know better, doesn't she know how to go to the bathroom in a toilet by now, etc....My daughter felt like she was getting yelled at by her father all over again because my ex made the very same comments. I was so angry I went off on the nurse and got her supervisor immediately! I had her removed from the floor and told the supervisor that if she looked at the chart you'll see seizure disorder with uresis and that the nurse obviously needs more sensitivity training and not patient shaming. The supervisor agreed and removed the nurse from the floor until she completed sensitivity training. I'll be danged if someone is going to shame my child over a medical issue in front of me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>