It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Jim a curiosity of spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
so in a recent thread about breakaway civilizations i brought up this blog here

it has enthralled me for many years. much of the content seems legit

soo in another recent thread mr JimOberg asked

Guys, what would it take to make you consider that what NASA has is what you get, open and complete?

to which i replied

an explanation of this

well it seems jim took an interest and said

Fascinating link, news to me, thanks! ....

which eventually led to this

MarioOnTheFly :
indeed Jim...if you get time...go through that link and tell us your opinion...if you haven't red that one. Fascinating story. If it could be verified...I'm dying to hear your thought on it.

JimOberg :
I'm not forgetting it and have started discussions elsewhere, please start a new thread on it and i'll join you there.

and jim asked the question

Since you seem to decree you'll never recognize an explanation for it, what exactly would you like me to do?

well jim i want to know what u can tease out how factual u think the blog is and if u can shed any light on the subject

i admit that i believe i dont think nasa would admit to ftl data transfer but that doesnt mean that ..

an explanation of this

which will never be forth coming

is true. and with jims help we may just see the answer

well jim here we are

a few links for those new to the story . the blog can be seen above
www.abovetopsecret.com...

anyone else who has expertise in computer matters your input would also be much appreciated

hope this was all put together and posted in the right spot

now i await jims , and all our great atsers, thoughts
edit on pm1020143109America/ChicagoMon, 13 Oct 2014 21:30:14 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I look forward to discussing this in detail, but in terms of time, my commitments are currently pretty heavy.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

no problem jim im planning on delving into this pretty heavy .

and plan on this being a long term project

(unless someone comes along a debubks it super fast lol)

one question

I'm not forgetting it and have started discussions elsewhere

can u elaborate on this?

edit on pm1020143110America/ChicagoMon, 13 Oct 2014 22:41:08 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

For those of that have seen honest-to-goodness triangles and UFOs and absolutely know those things exist, (not to mention the mountains of otherwise data pertaining to them), Oberg has no standing especially since his expertise has a very close relationship to things that nations put into space.

That aside, as a follower of ATS for years, he claims to not being aware of the Astro Engineer's appearance on ATS and his blog? I find that highly suspect and indicative. AE claimed that he and a friend discovered that there was a data transmission system on a probe on Mars that was using a quantum system to communicate with JPL, in effect, instantaneously, without the typical time lag. I can image that Oberg would have jumped out of his chair where he read that thread in shock of the disclosure or in amazement of a twisted mind had claimed that possibility.

His claiming to not be aware of the thread on ATS and failing to get back with you on it is a bit telling if nothing else.
In short, I don't accept his ignorance on that point, but it does coincide nicely with his total apparent ignorance of UFOs and triangles.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Well... That was interesting. I'd never heard this story before. It's certainly detailed, and the author seems to have a solid background in computer science, but I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean he's telling the truth.

For those who might not have been privy to the original thread on ATS, and don't wish to wade through all the comments, the original story is posted in it's entirety here.

I view it as nothing more than well written fiction, personally. There isn't really any way to verify any of it. Definitely an intriguing read, however. Could this guy be a whistleblower? Perhaps. I guess we'll never know. His blog seems to have been inactive since 2010.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

For those of that have seen honest-to-goodness triangles and UFOs and absolutely know those things exist, (not to mention the mountains of otherwise data pertaining to them), Oberg has no standing especially since his expertise has a very close relationship to things that nations put into space.

That aside, as a follower of ATS for years, he claims to not being aware of the Astro Engineer's appearance on ATS and his blog? I find that highly suspect and indicative. AE claimed that he and a friend discovered that there was a data transmission system on a probe on Mars that was using a quantum system to communicate with JPL, in effect, instantaneously, without the typical time lag. I can image that Oberg would have jumped out of his chair where he read that thread in shock of the disclosure or in amazement of a twisted mind had claimed that possibility.

His claiming to not be aware of the thread on ATS and failing to get back with you on it is a bit telling if nothing else.
In short, I don't accept his ignorance on that point, but it does coincide nicely with his total apparent ignorance of UFOs and triangles.

You sir are just so spot on. Those threads were unmissable.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Please spell 'u' with 'you'.

Jim is a respectable guy and maybe not privvy to slang words us young'uns use

Anyway s&f for bringing this to the table.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Well...I'm gonna give him a benefit of doubt on him not being familiar with the story all together. It's plausible he may have missed it...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly
It's more plausible in my opinion that this blog is legit and NASA and the DOD would hide valuable information from everyone except maybe a select few.

This thread should be interesting.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

You know...it's difficult to tell...we want it to be...and it just might be. But it does us no service to assume in advance. I guess verifying it will be difficult.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Having re-read the "story" on the blog it is fair to say that the account gives an accurate "procedural" type description of what they say they were attempting from an IT perspective.
This however, for all it's TLA's (three letter acronyms) and tech speak could have been lifted straight from the account of someone simply trying to re-compile code for a C project from an old linux server they already owned/had access to from a previous role.

Given that the blogger admits to having sought and received professional treatment for mental health issues and provides not one single iota of evidence of why a superluminal communications system would need to piggyback on conventional technology- there are a lot of doubts.

Mastering FTL comms would have a number of associated technology benefits that fall out of the ability to interpolate data from quantised states- one such benefit would be super fast computers- computers that would make mince meat of modern encryption protocols in days rather than decades thus negating the requirements of breaking and entry to steal un-encrypted files.

I would also assert that If you are the type of people who hide FTL tech on NASA kit wiithout them knowing you probably would be able to arrange a full electrical intercept on the suspect network segment and all users (phones and any network communicating device with little or no trouble.

Seems overly bold to get away with it all undetected then start blogging about it....oh yeah I forgot John and Rich arent their real names- that should throw the DOD off.

edit on 15-10-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

So true... as a Realtor I have trained myself to not assume anything in my business, however my common sense sometimes leads me to assume. lol

IF I were in a leadership position of this magnitude there would be some things I could not tell the public. Its secrets are sometimes better left alone.

Im not saying this guy is legit... 100%... like you say, there is no way to verify.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Currently reading up on a few pdfs on the rovers

Also looked up the issue that started his journey, the rovers amnesia

Seems a little publicized the event as it looks like they were already scheduling the decommissioning of the rovers

I could see as the rovers started messing up toward its end then bits of info that were easily hid earlier in the mission would start rearing their head

Thanks for all the replies

Jim hope to hear from you soon
edit on pm1020143101America/ChicagoWed, 15 Oct 2014 13:46:35 -0500_10000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I keep coming back to this thread to see what Jim has to say. But, alas, no Jim.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
As threads about threads or threads about members are contrary to Site policy , we're going to close this thread .

edit on Fri Oct 24 2014 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

top topics

join