It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Police Home Invasion -Disgusting-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So a quick breakdown. These people had a party and the neighbors called twice over noise complaints. Then at 3 AM when the officers finally get there and the party is over and the house is dark, they apparently illegally enter the home and start beating people. One of the officers was sanctioned for assault and illegal entry, but hasn't lost his job or been criminally charged (WTF).

The young woman apparently bumped into the officer, who considered it assault, and he admits to punching her in the face.

Her brother tried to protect her, and was tazed in the face (and it looks like he was struck too).

​The Bishops were both charged with several counts of assaulting and obstructing police, so they felt they had to hire a lawyer.

These folks have had to pay over $65,000 in legal fees, and it doesn't look like the PD is going to be helping them with that.

The young woman lost her license to sell real estate during all of this.

The cops discipline was two weeks suspension and a suggestion that he attend anger management. Also temporary supervision.

"It was a home invasion. They invaded my home."

Within seconds, it escalated to one of the officers shooting Bishop with a Taser stun gun when he tried to stop police from hitting his sister in the face.

Tyson and Cirbie Bishop said they can’t understand how they’ve paid a higher price than the police officer who entered Tyson’s home illegally and assaulted him with a Taser. (CBC)

"I was fearful for her life," said Bishop, a GM salesman. "I was watching them pick her up and drop her face on the floor. She was crying."

"Absolutely unreal," said Cirbie Bishop, 31. "Under no circumstances would anyone ever believe that two police officers could just enter your home illegally and do that to you."

Go to the link and watch the video with the 911 recording, it was sickening. No citizen should have to call the police on the police.

Such complete and utter bull. I want to know why the other cop wasn't charged as well. You see a colleague flagrantly breaking the law and assaulting people and do nothing you're just as guilty.

Link

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
"You see a colleague flagrantly breaking the law and assaulting people and do nothing you're just as guilty. "

That's why I always state that ALL cops are guilty whether they are involved or not. They know and say nothing because of their little blue code.

Guilty by witnessing or knowing of a criminal act and refusal to come forward is a crime that we would all be charged with...complicit in a crime, with holding evidence, accomplice...etc. Take your pick.

They get paid holidays while we get jail time, fines etc.

Peace

edit on 13-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

BY FAR, the most violent and heavily armed & bankrolled gang in America is the police. They appear to have this collective mentality where they think they are above the law and their ship doesn't stink.

If a gang of violent civilians entered a private house at 3am resultant from a loud party and consequential complaints and punched an occupant in the face and tazzzzzered another occupant, would they get 2 weeks community service and a requirement to attend anger management courses or would the punishment be more severe?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

"It was just like Cops. Or like a movie. The house was dark. The house was quiet … then bang-bang-bang! on my upstairs door," said Tyson Bishop, 36, recalling the 2008 encounter.

The Bishops' complaint against the officers took three years to resolve. Gilbert was eventually disciplined by the Nova Scotia Police Review Board in early 2012.

Why so long before discipline (if that's what they want to call it) is handed out? Reverse the roles and see how quickly the perpetrators are held responsible. This is a perfect example of having two separate justice systems.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

requirement

The thing that chaps my ass was that it was a suggestion. And no, they would be in deep crap.

When I was doing asset protection we could have the pants sued off of us for unlawful detainment (I think there was also something about kidnapping).

The treatment of these officers has been a clusterf. I don't know a thing about Canadian laws but I would assume there's something about warrantless entry, assault, etc. Those are just the blatantly obvious and confessed to crimes, I'm sure they committed a litany of other offenses in the process.

I can understand how the police screw up at times, but there's no excuses on the horizon in this case.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Anyone listen to the 911 tape yet? It made me furious. I can't imagine going through an ordeal like that and having the people you're supposed to call for help being the ones committing the crimes.

"They're not going to let you leave until you talk to them."

I think another thing that should be pointed out even though I suppose everyone here is already quite aware is just how dangerous and potentially life threatening these officers escalated the situation to. House is quite, so just go ahead and barge in. Cops could have been shot, or shot someone that figured they were being burglarized and fought back.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

These poor people, what a nightmare!

The police admit there was no warrant and that the police used excessive force, so where's their money?!? I hope the news reports and getting the word out helps them recover the money their owed!

The dispatcher is ridiculous! Did she not hear they were being beat?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I hope the news reports and getting the word out helps them recover the money their owed!

Same here. I want them to be awarded much more than the money they had to spend on legal fees. I'm not usually one for lawsuits but in this case I think they deserve a ton, and that department needs some serious punishment.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Stories like this are becoming more and more frequent and the people are becoming more and more used to them.
America, what will it take until you regain your country back? From the way things are going over there, time is running out...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I like the part where they admit that the officers broke the law on several points. But, meh. In Halifax, the cops decide if the cops are tried. So, no. They always decide no.

Back to - who thought that having LEOs have ANY say on this was a good idea? Did someone actually sit down one day and say, 'hey, I think we ought to let our LEOs investigate themselves. That ought to get the job done right" and thought that was something that was going to work out? Who else gets to investigate themselves? Can I?

And things will never change until this is removed from them, and the job is done by someone who is disinterested in the local politics, and not influenced by it. Who doesn't care who the mayor is, or the police chief. Or the police union rep. Who will never answer to them in any way.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SilentE

This was in Canada.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I was talking to my brother (Elko PD) recently ,he didn't know about the 3% ers who are a bit overreactive.What do you think is the issue?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There is not much difference in the mentality of Canadian LE, the American version is just better armed. This type of thing is why I have a bit of trouble with the "good cop" concept..mostly indifferent is about all you can hope for nowdays..they just watch instead of adding to the injuries. Individual interaction may be different but get more than one or two and you have a street gang.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

This was in Canada.

Apologies... I've seen too many bad cop vids from the states and jumped to a conclusion.
Still, I stand by what I said earlier.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

This was in Canada.

My home town as a matter of fact.

People here are Pi$$ed...to say the least.

Peace

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Don't apologize, I thought the same thing. Was surprised it was in Canada.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: jude11

I was talking to my brother (Elko PD) recently ,he didn't know about the 3% ers who are a bit overreactive.What do you think is the issue?

Not sure if I agree any 3 percenters are overreacting...yet. Actually the percentage may be growing. But it did accomplish the goal in the Revolutionary war.

Unless of course you are referring to them that may be in the LEO field? Different question altogether.

Although I need clarification on the question, I do like the 3 percenters brought up. Very appropriate.

Peace

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I hope the news reports and getting the word out helps them recover the money their owed!

Same here. I want them to be awarded much more than the money they had to spend on legal fees. I'm not usually one for lawsuits but in this case I think they deserve a ton, and that department needs some serious punishment.

Money doesn't fix this. Money is laughable when the Federal government gets the Fed to print money and then they throw money at the police departments.

It certainly won't fix it as soon as they destroy the 1s and 0s and this "paper" is only good for tinder.
edit on 14-10-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Well in the meantime it's a good way to get some actual action taken. They want to keep their budgets and not lose money. Also those people deserve compensation.

new topics

top topics

join