It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They've Done It. They're Using Ebola for Political Campaign Ads.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
a reply to: john452

I think several companies and institutions did research into Ebola vaccines and treatments but there was not a financial incentive to actually develop those drugs until now. :/

Sometimes the market deciding things is good, sometimes it's bad.

Here's why.

And these figures open a new door to multiple conspiracies......

Outbreaks Chronology: Ebola Virus Disease

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

It was in 1994 and they voted on the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), it passed and became law.

The Public Health Service Act (PHSA), 42 U.S.C. §§ 201 et seq. (1994). The Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to develop and take necessary actions to implement a plan to control epidemics of any disease or condition and to meet other health emergencies and problems, (42 U.S.C. § 243). During an emergency proclaimed by the President, the President has broad authority to direct the services of the Public Health Service, (42 U.S.C. § 217). Under that section, the President is authorized to “utilize the [Public Health] Service to the extent and in such manner as shall in his judgment promote the public interest.”

www.ncsl.org
More info: www.cdc.gov

Looks like congress chose to defer to the President and CDC.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

It would be a good idea to fund those projects but yeah I agree when it comes to disease research, space exploration, environmental protection and sustainability projects you can't rely on private companies. Though saying the decrease in funding is the reason there isn't a cure or vaccination for Ebola today is a huge leap. Especially considering how much they have downplayed the threat. I find it hard to believe it would have been a priority regardless of funding and as my previous post implied I don't believe the production of silver bullets is an easy task.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: john452

I don't disagree at all!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

I did not know that. I read through the cdc.gov and found this. It sounds like quarantine executive orders are limited, if I understand correctly:

What does the Executive Order accomplish?

In the event a passenger infected with a novel influenza strain were to arrive in the United States on board an international conveyance (e.g., boat, airplane), the Executive Order provides HHS with clear legal authority to isolate an ill passenger to prevent the passenger from infecting others. This authority would be used only if someone posed a threat to public health and refused to cooperate with a voluntary request.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Both political parties are corrupt. They lie, cheat and steal to meet their agenda. You guys really think they care about what any of us need/want for the country? If you answered yes, then you're a bigger fool than they are. I'll keep casting my vote the same as I have for the past 13 years, which is No Vote! I can't stand either side of the political table or anyone who supports them.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ok people stop the bickering about who is at fault that we got one infected immigrant in the nation that had brought ebola to us, thanks to the visas that our nations tends to give away free to countries as gift, even from ebola ridden countries, sorry but that sounds more like the present administration stupidity than budget cuts

The ebola in the US has nothing to do with CDC budget cuts, is more than that is stupid decisions after the spread of ebola in other nations and by the present administration moronic decisions due to political agendas behind amnesty,ebola for Mr. Obama wasn't a big priority in our nations like the campaigning for amnesty, playing golf and having dinner parties with pro amnesty wealthy donors was.

People needs to get a grip on what has been happening in the last 7 years of the present party control than anything else.

Budget cuts my big latino rear end.

Only those that are faithful to the lies of their political parties believe that crap, because they don't know what to believe anymore.

edit on 14-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From the article: The Congressional omnibus spending package is designed to reduce spending cuts and provide cash for various government programs, but not all areas are seeing a spending increase. The Labor, Health and Human Services and Education portion of the bill, which includes the amount put aside for the CDC, includes discretionary funding of $156.8 billion dollars, which is $100 million less than fiscal 2013 and $9 billion below what President Barack Obama requested for these programs. No new funding for Obamacare, which the CDC is in charge of implementing, has been provided; in fact, the bill slices into the health care reform's existing funding.

I think the Health and Human Services is the department infectious diseases fall under:
" The Public Health Service Act (PHSA), 42 U.S.C. §§ 201 et seq. (1994). The Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to develop and take necessary actions to implement a plan to control epidemics of any disease or condition and to meet other health emergencies and problems, (42 U.S.C. § 243)."

According to the article this department did not receive an increase and $9 billion below what Obama requested.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: beezzer

Who is president?

Who is in charge?

I get so tired of Obama taking credit for anything remotely good.

Yet blaming Bush or republicans for anything bad.

The cuts started when Bush was in office so yes he gets blamed as well.

Please,,,, Who's Been In Charge of The United States of America for the last 6 years,,, Bugs Bunny!
Find a New Story Line!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

how disgusting and ignorant of them...

by the by...is it just me, or does the way the footage was cut together, make it sound like people are saying "cu*t", instead of "cut"?

if anyone else noticed that, do you suppose it was done on purpose?

edit on 10-16-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Don't worry, I'm sure once the elections are over we'll find out how bad ebola really is.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well, we'd have a US Surgeon General if it wasn't for the Republicans...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is surreal. Even into Obama's second term, they are still ready to blame Republicans for of all things - Ebola.
Cut or no cut, Ebola is in the US, and Obama is convincing us its no problem.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

There's an "acting" Surgeon General.

For whatever it's worth.

Biography of the Acting Surgeon General
Rear Admiral (RADM) Boris D. Lushniak, M.D., M.P.H.

The money parts never change.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
♫ ISIS in my living room...ebola at my front door! ♫

Fear, baby, fear. Pfffffffft. Buncha cowards running for office.

Most of these people make me embarrassed to admit I'm American.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join