It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They've Done It. They're Using Ebola for Political Campaign Ads.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

CDC Spending per year... Seemed obvious from the labels on the graph.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Is that the Ebola budget?

Looks complicated.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Chickens come home to roost.

The GOP is famous for criticizing and cutting government yet they leach off government themselves without batting an eye.

This is absolutely true that they have been famous for cutting needed programs so when this comes up they have no credibility

Eat crow and die hypocrites!

Please show me your Sources to prove that Only the GOP does this and Never Once Has The Democrats.
You have made a Broad Statement and need to back it up with facts that the Democrats are as Pure as the Driven Snow.
And the Republicans Are The Evil Spenders of all our Tax Dollars and More!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

CDC Spending per year... Seemed obvious from the labels on the graph.

Where's the Ebola spending?

Actual and/or Proposed.

Hard to see without a magnifying glass !!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Is that the Ebola budget?

Looks complicated.

I seriously doubt we could find a graph for specifics like Ebola or flu spending all I could find is overall budget.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
its posted for all to see the requests by the GOP ran house isn't even at GWB levels so keep on blaming Obama all you want!

So the video is way accurate!!!!
edit on 13-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

again and again...

how much would it have taken to cure Ebola?

the political ads are not focusing on the actual problem.

the so called experts should have these figures readily available.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

The cuts aren't very significant and certainly not significant enough to explain why patient zero was treated in a regular hospital rather than the first class facilities the two doctors who were flown back from Africa were treated in. Hopefully it only spread to a single nurse but the way officials are trying to cover their ass and shift blame has me concerned.

edit on 13-10-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The video is popping viral a hour ago it had more dislikes than likes now not so much! This was the one area you all should not have advocated cuts and now you will reap what you sow!!

Now what are you gonna fall back on?

Obamacare?
Benghazi?
Birther movement?

This October surprise will cripple your mid term dreams!!

The Federalist party came out against the war of 1812, said it was un winnable, they were wrong and faded into history ending that political party, wonder if Ebola will do the same for the gop!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Deflecting isn't gonna help, the country is apathetic about many issues, but we are sitting straight up on this Ebola mess, made worst by gop budget cuts, and you guys didn't cut as much as you wanted, thank god!!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

again and again...

You are asking a question with that can only be answered in the future... Not sure if you are trying to make a point or just asking random questions.

How much will it cost to beat a disease? Only know after we have a cure and the disease is under control.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

This October surprise will cripple your mid term dreams!!

I know it will.

I want Libertarian candidates to win elections.

But all the Libertarian supporters are real silent these days.

Can't figure out why that is.

What do you think will happen if Republicans keep the House and get a majority in the Senate?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

again and again...

You are asking a question with that can only be answered in the future... Not sure if you are trying to make a point or just asking random questions.

How much will it cost to beat a disease? Only know after we have a cure and the disease is under control.

No.

They should be answering that question right now.

The claim is that a higher budget would have avoided this Ebola problem.

They had to base that claim on something other than good looks.

Where's the figures and projections from a few years ago?????

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Across the board democrat landslide victories in 2016. Thats not good either I want a balanced government, seriously Wisconsin is a mess, Kansas is a mess because of one sided gop rule. If we don't find balance quickly we will be doomed, if we can't unite and if we remain a fractured political joke the rest of the world will replace the petro dollar then we will be....... irrelevant

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
More information that backs up the op video:

But if you move back the timeline a bit, you see that investment in the CDC has still fallen dramatically. The agency's current budget, in fact, is nearly $600 million lower than it was in 2010.

2010: $6.467 billion
2011: $5.737 billion
2012: $5.732 billion
2013: $5.721 billion
2013 (after sequestration took effect): $5.432 billion
2014: $5.882 billion

While some of the funding was restored after the budget agreement between the House and Senate in early 2014, "there is still a gap between FY14 and FY10," the Senate aide noted.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

If money could buy invention or innovation China would be the greatest innovator on earth or soon to be as their GDP did only recently surpass the US but the point stands. Money can't buy creativity, vision or luck. It can significantly help when a discovery or theory is discovered but only then. Investors wish it were otherwise but research investment has always been high risk and that's why you can't rely on private companies entirely for it. I will agree with that much.
edit on 14-10-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Quarantining restricts our civil liberties. It should be brought before congress and discussed then laws written. It should not be up to the President.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Quarantining restricts our civil liberties. It should be brought before congress and discussed then laws written. It should not be up to the President.

Very Good.

I agree.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: john452

I think several companies and institutions did research into Ebola vaccines and treatments but there was not a financial incentive to actually develop those drugs until now. :/

Sometimes the market deciding things is good, sometimes it's bad.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I agree with you on this as well. I'm all for civil liberties but the damage just one person could do to society in a day is unimaginable, but there would have to be safe guards in place to protect rights. If quarantined there should be a rapid response and testing. But this should be done by congress, but aren't they out campaigning?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join