It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They've Done It. They're Using Ebola for Political Campaign Ads.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Epic general campaign ad is claiming a lack of Ebola "responses" is because of budget cuts !!

It seems to cast full blame on ... Republicans !!

Well maybe it's true, but some proof would sure be welcome.

‘Republican Cuts Kill,’ which was produced by the Agenda Project Action Fund, mixes disturbing footage of the Ebola outbreak—including images of body bags, hazmat suits, and corpses—with clips of Mitch McConnell, Pat Roberts, Rand Paul, and Republicans in some of the most competitive races around the country demanding more spending cuts. The demand for cuts is juxtaposed against testimony from top CDC and NIH officials detailing how budget cuts substantially hampered their ability to address the crisis.

www.youtube.com...

More stories on the same....

Ebola Vaccine Would Likely Have Been Found By Now If Not For Budget Cuts: NIH Director

BETHESDA, Md. — As the federal government frantically works to combat the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, and as it responds to a second diagnosis of the disease at home, one of the country’s top health officials says a vaccine likely would have already been discovered were it not for budget cuts.

Dr. Francis Collins, the head of the National Institutes of Health, said that a decade of stagnant spending has "slowed down" research on all items, including vaccinations for infectious diseases…

NIH Boss: We’d Have Ebola Vaccine If Not For Budget Cuts

more "opinions" ....

Progressives Claim Ebola Is Caused by Insufficiently Gigantic Government

Democrats Try To Deflect Blame For Ebola Outbreak, Fail Abysmally

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well, cutting the CDC budget was seen as a pretty safe move, kinda sucks when the past catches up with us...

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
All that is needed as a counter is to point out that the golfer in chief was out golfing rather than putting flight restrictions, and denying visas to people in the affected region until the outbreak had been slowed or stopped. Bush is still responsible in some way though I am sure.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Well, cutting the CDC budget was seen as a pretty safe move, kinda sucks when the past catches up with us...

I wonder if somebody there can come with the figures and costs that would have made a clear difference.

Maybe the "cuts" made paupers out of some people.

extreme.jealousy.reigns_supreme

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Who is president?

Who is in charge?

I get so tired of Obama taking credit for anything remotely good.

Yet blaming Bush or republicans for anything bad.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
And most of the Democrat base are too stupid to realize the cuts were a result of the sequestration - which originated where?

Based on the ads I've seen lately it seems like the Repubs don't want to win (or just expect to win regardless). They are not driving home any of the problems caused by the Dems.

Political theatre at it's finest.

They are at each others throats up until the election cycle - then silence on the talking points.

I'm in Michigan and two ads just ran. The Dems said Snyder cut 1 billion from education, 30 seconds later the Repubs said Snyder added 1 billion to education.

Can they both be telling the truth? Most likely they are both lying, but their bases will take the point and run with it like gospel.

That is why Ebola will now belong to the Republicans, rather than where it belongs. PR savvy and control of the media.....

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think the problem is prioritizing the way they use their budget. NIH can whine about not enough $$$ for this and that, yet look how much they have spent on trying to figure out why lesbians are obese.

I am not joking.

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) study is now in its fourth year, receiving an additional $670,567 for fiscal year 2014. The project seeks to determine why “nearly three-quarters of adult lesbians overweight or obese,” and why gay males are not. In just two years the project’s budget has nearly doubled, growing from $1.5 million to nearly $3 million today, despite fears that sequestration could jeopardize the project and other NIH funding.

Why Lesbians are Obese Study

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
That was a really effective ad!

I'm ready to CUT nearly everything, everywhere. Where do I start?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Who is president?

Who is in charge?

The cuts started when Bush was in office so yes he gets blamed as well.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
OH NO they don't
sweetness-light.com...

Obama Cut CDC’s 2014 Preparedness Budget By $270M From the April 2013 archives of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, CIDRAP: CDC preparedness funds take hit in proposed 2014 budget By Robert Roos | April 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013 (CIDRAP News) – The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) takes a hit of about $270 million in the Obama administration’s proposed fiscal year 2014 budget, including significant cuts to biodefense and emergency preparedness programs, officials revealed today.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I know Spain is blaming the current crisis on the right wing cuts, and privatizing there medical industry. The nurse thought she had caught Ebola told the hospital but because of cuts they didn't test her till she returned from her vacation. Its really blowing up in there faces, this is what governmental cuts looks like.

Its so much easier to blame the president yet congress is in control of the purse, so blame should go where its due. If this becomes a major issue governmental cuts will be blamed, if bridges and dams start failing this will also be a direct result of your smaller government utopia....

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Are we talking about this agency?

Off Center

And what is this from just this year?

CDC wins in budget deal

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will see an 8.2 percent budget increase for fiscal 2014, thanks to a $1.1 trillion spending bill announced by Congress Jan. 13.

This influx of cash will raise the CDC budget to $6.9 billion, which is $567 million more than it received in 2013. This is more than the agency anticipated, because the president's fiscal year 2014 budget request for it was just $6.6 billion -- a decrease of $270 million from fiscal 2012.

So they got more than they even asked for.

edit on 13-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Elton

I wonder if somebody there can come with the figures and costs that would have made a clear difference.

Maybe the "cuts" made paupers out of some people.

extreme.jealousy.reigns_supreme

Maybe they should have diverted funds from shrimp on treadmills research.

link   

I googled CDC budgets and their own site is full of PDF's with budget info, and I see nothing with cuts. They cut states funding to allow for more grants but nothing in the way of totals.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

and while they find ways to say the other did it like little schoolkids, trying to get votes...

who is closing the border?
Who is stopping the entry of people from the endemic areas?
who is mandating the protection of our helthcare workers? Our public?

Fire the whole lot of 'em.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
isnt it lovely knowing they have our best interests at heart...(cough cough)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: beezzer

Who is president?

Who is in charge?

The cuts started when Bush was in office so yes he gets blamed as well.

I ask.

How much would it have taken to get a cure and vaccine?

How many grants and contracts would have done the trick so to speak.

edit on Oct-13-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

And most of the Democrat base are too stupid to realize the cuts were a result of the sequestration - which originated where?

It was started by the Republicans. Did you forget Cruz constantly pushing for it?

Based on the ads I've seen lately it seems like the Repubs don't want to win (or just expect to win regardless). They are not driving home any of the problems caused by the Dems.

That's because they are too busy covering up problems they caused.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I know Spain is blaming the current crisis on the right wing cuts, and privatizing there medical industry. The nurse thought she had caught Ebola told the hospital but because of cuts they didn't test her till she returned from her vacation. Its really blowing up in there faces, this is what governmental cuts looks like.

Its so much easier to blame the president yet congress is in control of the purse, so blame should go where its due. If this becomes a major issue governmental cuts will be blamed, if bridges and dams start failing this will also be a direct result of your smaller government utopia....

BeeEss on the blame game.

How much would it have taken to get a cure and vaccine?

The experts want to know.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Why would a for profit industry create a cure for anything?
When treatment is so much more profitable?

edit on 13-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join