It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My sister was playing with my camera yesterday and she took some pictures of the sky. This was at appox. 8:30, in Toronto, Canada. The flash was off, and the it was pitch black outside. These shots are from our front porch.

At first I though I was a light post or something, but she was so convinced it was something else. I took the photo into PhotoShop and this is what I came up with...

I have no clue what it is, I thought this would be the best place to put it...

If anyone saw anything similar to this, or has any idea what it might be, please let me know.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
My sister was playing with my camera yesterday and she took some pictures of the sky. This was at appox. 8:30, in Toronto, Canada. The flash was off, and the it was pitch black outside. These shots are from our front porch.

Those are good pics. You're not playing with us they are real right?If they are, They look alot like those triangular shaped ufos, you hear or see vague pictures of all the time. These are pretty good pics..,

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
They look like street lights... Are you positive the camera was directed at the sky..?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
They look like street lights... Are you positive the camera was directed at the sky..?

The reason why I wouldn't say streetlights, which is what I thought at first. Is because of the bottom picture, that is a large shadow of something connected to those lights, which for me discredited any street light theory. Could definately be something else though. Who knows?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
the lights to the left apear to be Earthly because they have that orange tint to them meaning they burn of oxygen, i would guess that they are just planes.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by iksmodnad]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well yeah, street lights were my first guess also.

She said that it was directed at the sky, the likes the stars. She's only 10 so I don't know.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I took a look at it with photoshop, I dont believe you were pointed at the sky, as I cansee buildings. I believe the three little lights to the right side of the picture hit your lens, and made it pop up on the film in a different spot. I have to review the picture more closely, but I dont see any evidence of anything other then a light refraction. I'll keep ya updated

UPDATE: Okay heres my final conclusion, after doing my magic with Photoshop, heres the illuminated picture.

It appears to be some form of buildings in the background, I cant tell what kind, and my best guess is the three little lights on the bottom right hand corner of the picture hit the lens and refracted it in a different position, making them the illuminated area. It appears to be only on the film, as nothing else around is lit up by it (just a large area that looks to be on the lens, not on the ground around it)

[edit on 12-8-2004 by WolfofWar]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Side note: These were taken with a Sony Cybershot digital camera, if that means anything.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
I took a look at it with photoshop, I dont believe you were pointed at the sky, as I cansee buildings. I believe the three little lights to the right side of the picture hit your lens, and made it pop up on the film in a different spot. I have to review the picture more closely, but I dont see any evidence of anything other then a light refraction. I'll keep ya updated

Yes please post what you unearth. However, if i took a picture aimed at say plane in the sky, i would be able to see the tips tops of buildings in my picture too, I mean I don't get on the ground, lay on my back, and then snap a picture, kwim? Also where do you see the buildings exactly? Thanks!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is too funny, Mac. You and everyone else misspelled misspell. As for the photos, I would also say they appear to be in the shape of a triangle. I hope you solve this mystery.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I ultimately have a feeling that, with my illuminated picture, that it might have been a car passing by. The original picture has two small dots, in the area of where a cars headlights may have been, with a possible illuminated front grill of the car

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Okay yeah, one problem though: no buildings in my area.

There are just houses with arch-like roofs.

No factories or apartments with flat roofs.

I misspelt what?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the front from my room:

Hopefully I don't have any stalkers out there...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Here is a picture of the front from my room:

Hopefully I don't have any stalkers out there...

See those two big lights in the far back of that pic. That is what that orginal triangle light looked like. To me it seems your sister must have really zoomed in out there, and snapped the shot which caused things to become disproportioned. But it was an intriguing picture anyway.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yup. Mystery solved. Street lights.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Indeed.

Case Closed.

Darn sister.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Indeed.

Case Closed.

Darn sister.

LOL. Well she probably thought she did see something. And since those buildings were sofar away she probably thought she was pointing just directly at the sky..

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The pointed roofs probably explain the triangle seen.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Awwww, and I was hoping for a TR-1B sighting...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Awwww, and I was hoping for a TR-1B sighting...

But hey look what we learned from it right? Something so ordinary, when zoomed in on and look very very different. Maybe the author should post the orginal pics in that fake picture contest thread, lmao. Cause they weren't too bad!

top topics

join