It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States of Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Matteo Renzi, the Italian prime minister, has said that Italy will push for a "United States of Europe" during its six-month EU presidency, in a move likely to raise hackles in Britain. He further called for "courageous leaders" to work towards achieving that goal - something that Britain has always objected to..... In 1988 Margaret Thatcher, then prime minister, dismissed the idea that the United States might be a model for the future of Europe and David Cameron is actively trying to prevent the election of a committed federalist, Jean-Claude Juncker, to the head of the European Commission.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10918134/Italy-to-push-for-United-States-of-Europe-when-it-holds-the-EU-presidency.html]Link[ /url]

It seems that the new world order

looks very similar to the Old World Order of the Roman Empire

With no separation between politics and religion

edit on 13 10 2014 by glend because: fixed link

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
IT AIN'T EASY FOLKS.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Never happen, Rome may have held the empire together for a bit , but as soon as Caesar left Gaul and returned to Rome to rule it fell apart. It's culturally split by race and religion. Thats the only example why Rome couldn't control it.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

We have a US president that wants the US to be more like Europe

and

Countries in Europe that want to be more like the US.

What the heck???

(beezzer calls Travelocity to book a flight to Antarctica)
edit on 13-10-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

and

What the heck???

(beezzer calls Tavelocity to book a flight to Antarctica)

No Beezer. Antarctica is where the nazis are.

US of E, I doubt they could pull it off.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

and

What the heck???

(beezzer calls Tavelocity to book a flight to Antarctica)

No Beezer. Antarctica is where the nazis are.

US of E, I doubt they could pull it off.

Well it's a good thing I've entered the Mars One trip!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It could happen. Either by war or economic depression. The sad thing is, a lot of people will die, especially purists who oppose a merging of cousin countries that literally have fought amongst themselves for 800 plus years.

What this looks like to me is reinstating the monarchy.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun
Never happen, Rome may have held the empire together for a bit , but as soon as Caesar left Gaul and returned to Rome to rule it fell apart. It's culturally split by race and religion. Thats the only example why Rome couldn't control it.

And took four hundred years to 'fall apart' but the eastern half lasted a lot longer.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I can't see it happening any time soon because there are too many cultural differences and not even a common language.

I lived in southern Spain for 10 years and there were many ex-pats from other European countries and most of us rubbed along together very nicely but the cultural differences still remained even when we were friends. Many of us enjoyed spending time at different nationality friend's houses to enjoy the variety of cultural food and to join in with different cultural celebrations but I don't think any of us would have been willing to give up our own cultural identity.

Whilst living in Spain my family tried to live 'the Spanish way' and even sent our children to Spanish schools so they'd get more involved with the culture but we made sure to teach them British culture at home thinking they'd benefit from both. It worked quite well and the kids loved it, especially that Father Christmas came on Christmas Eve and brought them presents and then the 3 Kings brought them more presents on January 6th (when the Spanish exchange presents).
However, you'll notice I said we taught them British culture at home - my point being that as much as we were prepared to integrate whilst living in their country, we weren't prepared to entirely give up our own British culture. None of our other European friends showed any signs of being prepared to completely give up their own cultures either.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I think Europe is too diverse for this to happen, but it's not something I'd rule out entirely. I could perhaps see it in 100 years perhaps.

There's not much point worrying about what Italy wants though. They are - by a stretch - the least credible major nation in the EU. The idea that they could spearhead any major change is basically laughable.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

With no separation between politics and religion

I doubt that last paragraph. We are not the US of A. At least Germany has a quite strict secularization running. Which makes me vomit a little less if I think about our government.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Which makes me vomit a little less ... LOL.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
You people are under the assumption that something like this just couldn't happen because the people wouldn't go for it. News flash, this is a different pacified generation in Italy and other Western EU countries. This is a generation protesting not for belief but to tweet.

The government can corral the old into camps, and kill them. In a country like Italy, there are not a lot of people born between 1970-1990. In fact, this is the "free love" period of Italy. There is definitely a generation gap between those born 1940-1960 and 1990-2010. Those born between the 30 year gap are truly a minority and are mostly disregarded.

Europe is known to shock and awe when they decide to do something. This should be no different.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I personally don't really care that much how this Union would be named; United States, Great-Europe, whatever. The sad thing is though that our sovereignties will succumb without any resistance whatsoever, just look at the current and recent political processes: our leaders are handing our countries over on a silver platter. We won't fight or protest, we'll just go on twitter and cuss on the prime minister. That'd be about it

People within just 1 country are way too divided to even think of any common protest, let alone the peoples of this entire continent. Sadly though I'm beginning to think some of us are starting to be united in a way we hadn't thought of before, namely in the common worries and dislike of what Brussels is heading for.

I have a growing dislike and distrust of this political union, a far-away behemoth of people who've been detached from general society literally for decades, way too long for any real common sense to last. I'm suspicious of powerful people and organisations in general but the combination of our growing loss of privacy and the ever-expanding power of the EC is really kind of freaky.

As of yet we hardly know what goes on behind closed doors while they know all about what I do behind MY closed doors and curtains. One needs to go for excessive lengths to keep some hint of online privacy but it's a total joke.

I don't like what's happening.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If they get rid of Religion and just treat one another as equals this comming together would work. But the difference in religions and how people teach their children will always be someone fighting about this or that. If people could look at the common things people do and incorporate that into life learning practices then we could all come together. But some peoples Greedy desires and mental health issues come into play. So thus a flaw. If you separate the infants from their parents and raise them not to be greedy, power lust,a thief, a killer,a rapist,a molester, a liar, a con man deciever and absolutely NO religion at all. With strict laws that are enforced to get rid of those who break these laws. I'm 100% convinced you could create a really good society. You take away our differences like children when they are born and teach them the right ways, i'm 100% convinced you can make a really good society. SO, to put societies together without doing what was suggested is just waiting for anarchy to happen. This is like putting a KKK society with a black panther society together. It not going to happen. That is just how the children were raised by their parents to be and are today. Your not going to change that until you separate the children from the parents. SO, with that in mind. U.S.A and Europe together NO. WHY? Because the differences in religions, ideals,prejudices and how they raised. YOU would have to separate the children from the parents and teach them the way of NO PREJUDICES. To do this to a whole world is crazy, THEY ALL CONFLICT ONE ANOTHER. SO, the NWO will not win this one. BUT it could do this FOR a short period of time, if you separate the different societies into sectors, but this leads into problems later when expanding societies collide. SO, Best way is to start over a new world of children that have no predijices against one another. To do this you simply leave out ALL the different society ways and Only teach ONE WAY, ONE society. This has been going on for some time by WARS OF PEOPLE thru the years, SO i highly doubt a society can be achieved unless the parent figure has NOTHING to do with the children at all. Unlesss the NWO has plans to take your children and go to another planet. I HIGHLY doubt it will do such a task, because this has been tried over and over and over and over and over and over thru the years. With all the countries and peoples on the planet. So unless the NWO is making a new population of children to train and get rid of the rest. The NWO will ALWAYS loose. It is just a fact.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

and

What the heck???

(beezzer calls Travelocity to book a flight to Antarctica)

No we dont want to be more like the US but we dread being more like the US in therms of working conditions, worker rights etc. and thats where we are moving to.

If you are referring to Renzi, he wants Europe to be more like the US in structure and the Americans that want the US to be more like Sweden or Norway or what have you are talking about some of the enacted policies there.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

One big thing that stands in the way of a US of E would that each sovereign nation would have to abandon its central bank. The USA obviously has one central bank, not 50. The result of that is that "rich states" like Connecticut, NY, and NJ pay a greater share of federal taxes than poor states like Mississippi. So, for every dollar a New Yorker pays in income taxes, they get back maybe sixty cents, while a Mississippi person may get $1.50. In other words, there is a degree of redistribution of wealth.

A fully united Europe would have to employ the same model. Can you see Germany paying billions of euro to prop-up Greece? Not by buying bonds, but through taxation? It would make the red state/blue state thing here in the US look like nothing.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
When will these fools learn that empires always collapse? A multilingual and multi-ethnic empire has no chance of standing the test of time. Why even waste time and cause all the inevitable hardships?
edit on 28-11-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The first steps are already done.

In MOST EU countries we have one currency, the Euro.
To and from most EU countries there are no borders or controls anymore.
EU residents can just move to and actually reside in whatever country they want, without a Visa or a specific reason.
EU residents can get health care anywhere in EU with one single EU insurance card.
EU residents can get a EU driver's license.

And so forth, and so forth...

The rest is just remains in the minds of some old geezers who still think that they need borders, exchange rates and "autonomy" etc...while the rest of Europe has already progressed. Simple fact.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Italian unemployment hits record high. For the glory of the German empire!

Italy's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate reached a new record high in October, jumping to 13.2 percent from a revised figure of 12.9 percent in September, data on Friday

uk.reuters.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join